• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

c7sBB9m.png

Hmm..

FloatOn

I think the people who spend $500 on a video game don't value that $500 the same way the rest of us might. For some people even $60 is a lot to spend on a video game while others will buy at that price without ever thinking twice about it.

In general though I wouldn't judge anyone for spending what they want on a hobby or product they really want. We've all spent money in utterly frivolous ways in our lives.

that's true too

some of us like to buy VNs and anime

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just updated my Patreon page with the latest graph of Enhanced Steam downloads over time.

This month (especially with the sale) will probably be the program's 2,500,000 download. That's kinda crazy for me to think about, honestly.

Dr Dogg

The interesting thing about that graph is there are virtually no surges or drop offs in downloads and pretty consistent growth.

New blog from Ghostlight.

The interesting part:

In other news I’m excited to say that we’ve now received the source code for the Japanese action game I mentioned in last week’s blog. We’re currently in the process of estimating how long it would take to port the game to PC based on this source code, so assuming all goes well we should have some release news for the game in the near future.

We have also begun work on porting another Laughing Jackal game to Steam. We’re going to be announcing which one in next week’s blog, but I should say it’s one of my favourite Laughing Jackal games, so it’s great to see it back in a new form.

They're also releasing more of their backlog on Humble.

Dr Dogg

She has returned!!! Bagsy the recommendation for next months OT/whenever.

Edit: And looks like most of the decent DLC is included too!

I was actually talking about Weeklongs, which are on sale for 7 days.
The fact that you seem to have forgotten all about them speaks volumes about how disappointing they are. :)

I've not forgotten about them. But I don't expect the sale to be full of the same deals that are the current weeklong deals.

We'll see how it plays out next week. I've come to the point where the normal Steam sale events are boring and not really worthwhile, so if this gives me at least one decent deal on something I want to add to my account, I will be pleasantly surprised and happy that I was able to find value in it. :p

Before I forget:

Obligatory birthday comic.

AMAZING again.
DARK. But amazing.

Happy birthday.

Oh god it just occurred to me
This new format for Steam sales will mean there'll always be someone asking about a game even if it is $0.99-$4.99

Steam discounts/sales always mean that.
Always. There is no respite. And this sale will not change it.

Boobs the game. I'm ready.

I think there are plenty of games that would give this competition for that title.

Niiiiice.

While I'm probably in the minority, I don't mind not having dailies. The last few sales I've barely bought something that was displayed in the front page and most of my purchases where done on the last day for hidden games.

I do agree with Stump that in the future highlighted games will probably come from your wishlist with a few major games and a new release here and there.

I might be wrong but haven't the last few sales featured less and less games at 75% off and more at 66% or 50%. New releases never get bigger discounts than 33% (except SE games) and they take away space from other games that could be featured.

Do we really need to have dailies wasted on Fallout 4 or COD?

While there is a bit of fun in waiting for the dailies to refresh. I always read the same reactions:

"THIS SALE SUCKS"
"AWFUL DISCOUNTS"
"ONLY 50% OFF?"
"THE COMMUNITY VOTE IS SHIT!" (it is)
"YES, MAGICKA AGAIN :/"

etc....

Nailed it.

I just got a gtx 970 last week what are these "Game ready drivers"? do you just install them when they come out for a game you want to play?

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

It's just a new driver that's released; most of the time they coincide with new AAA releases, such as Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Fallout 4, Black Ops 3, etc.

You don't need to update unless you're angling to get the best performance out of whatever game the driver is "game ready" for, but it probably wouldn't hurt either. I usually tend to take them within a few days of their release, but some are more skeptical and don't want something that might make their favorite games crash so they wait a bit longer to see if there are issues before adopting new drivers. It's all personal preference.

Jawmuncher

No cards for Dragon Quest definitely means Tecmo Koei is handling that port. Would stay far away and not preorder until hands on impressions are out.

zkylon

zkylewd
this reminds me i've gotten ff13 gifted and never played it and feel super guilty about it cos the person that gifted it to me was super drunk at the time

i got nep nep gifted also by someone else and haven't played it

stupid work and social life, i've got things to do damn it

Jawmuncher

this reminds me i've gotten ff13 gifted and never played it and feel super guilty about it cos the person that gifted it to me was super drunk at the time

Just give up LoL, easy fix.

Yet you have the time to play fallout games, which by your admission the latest one was terrible.

This product is not available in your country...
Do both have prices yet?
DQ Heroes has $60 price tag, FF LR has no price atm for me

SSPssp

New Bundlestars is indeed amazing. +10 for me as well. Soccer Rage was my bonus game, it seems to be everyone's bonus game on Reddit.

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Coffin Dodgers -- MB-C9A93506625AE6F9 - Taken by Nyteshade517

zkylon

zkylewd
Just give up LoL, easy fix.
i've actually haven't played league in like a week

it's just that i've grown a social life out of nowhere or something

i'm having so many fucking birthday parties

Yet you have the time to play fallout games, which by your admission the latest one was terrible.
i didn't say it was terrible, just that it's bad. you could do a lot worse than fallout 4 and i don't blame ppl for liking it, but i think ppl like the bethesda formula, that's it.

as for me, i've been taking hours out of my sleep schedule to play it, but i get bored quicker every time i play it. i think last night i might've played like half an hour tops

Jawmuncher

Praise the lord.

Tecmo please at least try for once. I really want to play this.

Yeah I'm hoping. I was talking to lashman about it. It would be more work to port us the PS3 version localized since that didn't come to retail in the west. But KT would probably go out of their way and do that.

Tizoc

$60 is an OK price IMO, but it really should've gone with like a 10% discount if not 25% especially since it was released a few weeks ago on PS4.

Caerith

Steam is weird. I got a key from Nordic for Darksiders II Deathfinitive but it was already claimed, then a little later I entered a key for something else and it said congrats on Darksiders II Deathfinitive. It still added the something else to my account, not Darksiders, but weird that it still said Darksiders.

GaussTek

$60 is an OK price IMO, but it really should've gone with like a 10% discount if not 25% especially since it was released a few weeks ago on PS4.

Yeah, or at least some kind of pre-order bonus like Type-0 HD.

But oh well, it's like $30 over here, so not a big deal for me. Will probably buy after launch depending on game perfomance.

madjoki

Steam is weird. I got a key from Nordic for Darksiders II Deathfinitive but it was already claimed, then a little later I entered a key for something else and it said congrats on Darksiders II Deathfinitive. It still added the something else to my account, not Darksiders, but weird that it still said Darksiders.

Yup, it's bug in steam, it will always say name of first key you tried.
Been there for years, and Valve never bothered to fix it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The interesting thing about that graph is there are virtually no surges or drop offs in downloads and pretty consistent growth.

The only real "surges" in the graph (though they're hard to see since we're talking about 4 months out of almost 3 years) is during the summer and winter sales. Other than that, it's been pretty steady. Obviously the majority of the advertising is word of mouth so I think it's fantastic that people love it enough to recommend it to their friends.

I have a similar graph for Idle Master that I started last December when I released the GUI version. The growth on that is crazy too since it's been less than a year and there have already been over 500,000 downloads.

The best lashbot© post ever. I played about 60 hours of Dragon Quest Heroes on PS4 and absolutely loved it. I even made the OT on the gaming side. I'm really excited this is coming to Steam.

As for Lightning Returns - I'll definitely be buying it, but I'll have to finish my XIII-2 game first. And that will require a better graphics card, because that game runs at about 10fps for me on my current setup.

Tizoc

Yeah, but I can only gift to Latin American countries :/

BTW, I think DQ Heroes just added a 10% pre-order discount!

Indeed it did!
FYI the pre-order weapons are only 10 points stronger than the base weapons, after a few stages you actually can buy stronger weapons han the pre-order ones.

Just hope I can buy DQH cheap somewhere. Wonder whats wrong with S-E and their stance of not releasing "japanese" games on Steam in Asia.

JC3, Deus Ex etc. can all be purchased here, but somehow besides FF7 no one of their japanese games can be purchased.

jshackles

Anyone enjoying the latest shot of Creed?

I got up to 89% total sync yesterday on my save file after about 50 hours. So yeah, I'm liking it. :)

EDIT: obviously, this is the PS4 version as the PC version hasn't even been out that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom