• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

Time to bust out the 25% off coupons from AW that stack, if you got 'em. Well, you'd think it might go lower during the Autumn sale next week, but then again, since there's no dailies, I'm sure Devolver will dial it back to 25% off or something, so now may indeed be the time, gentlemen.

I don't know if there are different AW coupons but the one I got was 50% coupon. So 4.49€ final price. Good enough for me, although today is probably the worst day in the whole gaming year to get a new game to play.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No achievements? Not much reason for me to double-dip at $60.

Yeah that's pretty weird, especially since earning the achievements on the console version provide in-game rewards - which I assume are here as well.

Caerith

Finally, yeah, it's weird to see a list of things you can't do. But...can chocobo's name be changed on PS3? If so, it's strange a so simple thing doesn't carry on PC.
If not, why SE listed that here?

Anyway, are missing DLC from PS3 skins only or something more?

You can change the chocobo's name (there's only one chocobo you can ride) on the PS3 version. It's pretty significant.

The only DLC for Lightning Returns is garbs, but they aren't merely skins since they have gameplay-changing attributes and powers attached. A lot of them are probably skippable, but some of them (like Cloud's or Yuna's) are pretty strong and let you get out of relying on Soldier of Peace's artemis spam.

Shepard

Some Humble Bundles spare keys
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shepard, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-C663CDF32472A3BE
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-90CB9043ADD78B81 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-9463E4979ECC768E - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-7674E67862F2B014 - Taken by pantsattack. 1 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-7FA712C5BD7AFDB2 - Taken by gaiadyne. 3 entrants total.
Strata -- MB-3E32C60F45D017FB - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-A1FF12FCDB4B67BC - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-8F9F1D588354D977 - Taken by Regginator. 4 entrants total.
FOTONICA -- MB-9E65A6BABB393784 - Taken by Saty. 7 entrants total.
Secret of the Magic Crystals Complete -- MB-49967A569FDA9DBF - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Dead Space 2 -- MB-D36EA9CCD4F13561 - Taken by AsylumX. 4 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-9F7BAE05F1B9F8EB - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-9C77B22A5A074CA3 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.

t1447968260z1.png

Ludens

Banned
You can change the chocobo's name (there's only one chocobo you can ride) on the PS3 version. It's pretty significant.

The only DLC for Lightning Returns is garbs, but they aren't merely skins since they have gameplay-changing attributes and powers attached. A lot of them are probably skippable, but some of them (like Cloud's or Yuna's) are pretty strong and let you get out of relying on Soldier of Peace's artemis spam.
I understood nothing of what you told me (soldier of peace's artemis spam etc) but I believe you. How many of those are missing from PC version of the game?

Flandy

As I pointed sometime ago, it's also strange seeing here FFX-X-2 assetts.
I said that, if those items would appear on PC version of the game, it could mean a port of FFX-X2 can happen, because Sony partially own FFX and X-2.
Let's see what will happen.

Finally, yeah, it's weird to see a list of things you can't do. But...can chocobo's name be changed on PS3? If so, it's strange a so simple thing doesn't carry on PC.
If not, why SE listed that here?

Anyway, are missing DLC from PS3 skins only or something more?

Well shit.
I was planning on getting the PS4 version on Black Friday but now I don't know :x

Caerith

I understood nothing of what you told me (soldier of peace's artemis spam etc) but I believe you. How many of those are missing from PC version of the game?

Soldier of Peace is one of the garbs in the game, and it has an ability (Artemis Arrow's or something) that does an incredible amount of damage. Generally, most fights turn into debuff enemy -> overclock -> spam artemis until enemy dies. Having access to DLC outfits at least let you spam something else, because Soldier of Peace is ugly as hell and the only outfit in the game you can't change the (ugly) colors of.

No idea how much DLC isn't available. It's just pretty lame that it all isn't.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well shit.
I was planning on getting the PS4 version on Black Friday but now I don't know :x

For what it's worth, we're discussing Lightning Returns here so I think you're confused.

If you're thinking of Dragon Quest Heroes, the PS4 version is solid. The PC version performance is a big unknown.

Day 0 for Lightning Returns. Hopefully I'll be done with XIII-2 before the release.

Saw this though :

The "FFVII Aerith" schemata is not included in this pack. Furthermore, there are no plans to make this schemata available in future.

Uh. What? Why?

The missing FFXIII-3 outfits are probably due to licensing issues.
Well, the FF7 one being gone doesn't make any sense. Guess I'll just chalk it up to Square-Enix having a laugh.

Also I'm just going to wait and get DQ:Heroes along with a PS4. Not investing a dime into Tecmo-Koei's PC "efforts".

zkylon

zkylewd
No Bethesda called them press sneak fucks in the past. That's the joke, Jschreier tag is even that.

oh i c

i see kotaku as the better examples of gaming press tbh

not that there's much competition but kotaku's been a lot better in my eyes since crescente left since i think that guy's influence was really bad

Flandy

For what it's worth, we're discussing Lightning Returns here so I think you're confused.

If you're thinking of Dragon Quest Heroes, the PS4 version is solid. The PC version performance is a big unknown.

I know exactly what you're talking about.
He said that FFX/X-2 were partially owned by Sony and by Yunas costume being in the PC version of this then it means theres some chance of FFXHD coming to PC.
Now that I think about it was the Yuna costume of the 360 version? If so then this doesn't mean anything

PC games are for pedophiles. Please understand.

Notes:
This version of the game has had no changes or additions made to the story of the original LIGHTNING RETURNS FINAL FANTASY XIII.
This game does not support Dolby Digital sound.
This version of the game includes some of the downloadable content released for the original.
The bonus items originally awarded for having save data from previous games in the series will be awarded in this version regardless of whether there is suitable save data present or not.
Includes no functionality linked to Square Enix Members or social networking sites.
It is not possible to change the names assigned to chocobos, map markers or schemata.

No fucks given. Please understand.

jshackles

I know exactly what you're talking about.
He said that FFX/X-2 were partially owned by Sony and by Yunas costume being in the PC version of this then it means theres some chance of FFXHD coming to PC.
Now that I think about it was the Yuna costume of the 360 version? If so then this doesn't mean anything

Ah okay sorry then. :)

Jumping to the conclusion that FFXHD is coming to PC based solely on the fact that a new game includes an outfit from the previous is a bit of a stretch though. It might happen, but we've been told countless times that there are no plans. Of course after this year's PC port renaissance anything is possible.

No fucks given. Please understand.

$16 on GMG (officially sourced!) after coupon JERRYN-EUTRON-GAMING

So I can excuse the fact that it's a lazy port for that price

Jumping to the conclusion that FFXHD is coming to PC based solely on the fact that a new game includes an outfit from the previous is a bit of a stretch though. It might happen, but we've been told countless times that there are no plans. Of course after this year's PC port renaissance anything is possible.

He's new here... he's not used to the frequent use of the "Jumping to Conclusions" mat.

L.O.R.D

So, DQ H is $36 on my store
I expect LR to be $30 on us store, so it's gonna be $20 on my store
Edit:eek:h shit, it's $20

So it's probably $15

Flandy

They also said Type-0 HD wasn't happening earlier this year.

Also, the Yuna outfit is on 360 so I don't think this means anything.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/FFX-Yuna/2fa87570-8c22-442f-9dae-57581a5ea465

FloatOn

someone sell me on FF13 trilogy

I've heard from multiple sources it's terrible but steamgaf seems to love it so I don't know

then again steamgaf seems to love anime and visual novels

someone sell me on FF13 trilogy

I've heard from multiple sources it's terrible but steamgaf seems to love it so I don't know

then again steamgaf seems to love anime and visual novels

13 Had an ok story and was really a slog through most of the game, but the gameplay/battle system is pretty neat and actually didn't get stale over 40-50hours.

13-2 shits on 13 from great heights so far. I'm about 16 hours in and the story is utter shit, but the battle system / monster hunting aspect is really enjoyable. It also has less characters I want to punch in the throat.

no 1000 year old dragon nonsense, just usual FF characters.

Kagemusha

BUNDLE STARS' Hidden Gems Bundle extra
ModBot said:
Instructions:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Coffin Dodgers -- MB-436E3840F9427881 - Taken by dave is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom