• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Thank you! We can't say it enough- thank you for the amazing support you've given us. We're incredibly blessed to have so many incredible fans. You've made Fallout 4 not just our largest game launch ever, but one of the industry’s. It's beyond anything we hoped for.

Seeing and reading your stories has given our whole studio immense joy. It's amazing to see what you've done with the game, what you've discovered, and what you've built! We know there's even more to come; the game is full of hidden gems and ways it can be played.

For some, the freedom the game offers can be overwhelming. We know the game throws a lot on you at once, so take your time. There are many moments of “How does this work? What do I do to survive?” and that’s how your character should be feeling as well. Those that push through should be able to look back at who they were when they stepped out of the Vault and say, “I made it. I understand this world now and it’s mine.”

It's true that the freedom our games offer you can lead to unintentional consequences that are sometimes bad, when the game combines too many unexpected elements at once. Given the scale and complexity of the systems at work, especially when allowing you to build your own settlements, we're happy that Fallout 4 is our most robust and solid release ever, and we'd like to thank our amazing QA staff who worked as hard as anyone to break the game so we could fix it during development. But a hundred testers will never replicate the many millions playing the game now, and we're hard at work addressing the top issues.

Our process for updating the game will include releasing a beta patch on Steam, followed by full release on PC, then release on the consoles. This process has worked well for us in the past and allows us to get more fixes out faster. Expect to see more updates, that are smaller and more frequent, than a few big ones. This allows us to make sure each fix is working right, as any change can have unintentional side effects in a game this huge. We expect the first beta patch to be up next week.

If you have feedback or issues to let us know about, contact our support staff here.

Thanks again for everything. We look forward to our continued journeys together.

Bethesda Game Studios

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/thanks-and-updates/2015/11/19/53

rtcn63

I haven't been able to get into my Origin account in months, and that's after resetting everything with a CS rep. I've just given up by this point.

Hektor

Through with F4's main story.
Alright, that is indeed a videogame.

It's neither a good Fallout, a good RPG or a good Shooter.

It's like skyrim, i played through its entire mainstory, even tho i didnt liked it and realize every second was just a waste of time, but there is something - probably the open world - that kept me coming back into this subpar ARPG. Well, at least it was only 25 hours tis time around.

Unless you're a really big fan of Bethesda Open Worlds, absolutely not recommeneded.
If you are, you'll get exactly what you expect.

r3n4ud

A_d68b0b_362119.jpg

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I somehow fail to buy Battlefront from the brazilian Origin store using Hola and my CC. Am I just too stupid or did it get harder to buy from the brazilian store?

I know this is the Steam thread, but I don't want to dig up the Origin thread :p

Dr Dogg

So I was wondering 'why are peeps so shocked and surprised about PS2 emulation in 2015' then I realised it's a double whammy of a DF thread and PS4 thread. Figures for the audience those usually bring in. That Kotaku blacklist thread had some giggle worthy replies and the Roster Teeth vs Jeff Gertsmann thread is gold. Of all the people to question their integrity they pick out Jeff. Seriously?

Why thank you fine sir.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Explain what's happening, jshackles lad.

Having access to the chrome.storage API seems to be the last piece of the puzzle in porting the Chrome version of Enhanced Steam to Firefox's new WebExtensions API. Once this bug is resolved and pushed to the nightly Firefox build I'll be able to finish the port and provide a BETA version for Nightly users. Once the fix (and support for the WebExtensions API in general) is released to the general release build, it means that Enhanced Steam for Firefox will be available again and will have the exact same functionality as the Chrome version.

Can you gift a game in Origin?

I could help you out guys, Mexican here, lel. PM if you're interested. I'll be here one hour, and then I'll be gone for 5-6 hours.

edit: Is Far Cry 4 Gold worth it?
edit2: fuck it, I bought it. I was charged 150.7 MXN (9.07 USD)

Knurek

I love how NVIDIA themselves admit that the fastest graphics card they have currently on offer (980TI) is barely enough to sustain 1080p30 in AssCreed: Austin Wintory.

On Ultra, I'm aware... Still finding it rather funny

Dr Dogg

I remember the days when titles like Crysis were impossible to run at maximum settings in the GUI let alone ini tweaks on current hardware. And peeps were fine with that. Sadly we're never seeing those days again for various reasons *sigh*

Don't even need a VPN active for checkout

Huh, never knew that, thanks. Might have had an issue with PayPal before needing to still have it activated whilst checking out but it's been so long I can't really remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom