• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Top of the page, buy Trails in the Sky SC!
Please~

No.

Saw that.
Thought of posting it.
Then it wasn't Steam, so I lost interest and went to do something else.

VLHvaPa.gif

Time to start charging.

FF users -- remember that sweet sweet plugin for browsing the Steam store -- the ones you gave me all sorts of unwarranted trouble over when I decided to stop development on because it was pointless with the way Mozilla was running things?

Well... it's back.
And it can be yours, for the low low price of $2.99/month or $19.99 for a lifetime subscription.

If you have a problem with this, feel free to switch to chrome... or to thank these users for their contributions to the "piss me off and make it cost money" fund: <list>

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Time to start charging.

FF users -- remember that sweet sweet plugin for browsing the Steam store -- the ones you gave me all sorts of unwarranted trouble over when I decided to stop development on because it was pointless with the way Mozilla was running things?

Well... it's back.
And it can be yours, for the low low price of $2.99/month or $19.99 for a lifetime subscription.

If you have a problem with this, feel free to switch to chrome... or to thank these users for their contributions to the "piss me off and make it cost money" fund: <list>

I really do wish I could find a better way to monetize the extension or give a greater incentive for people to do so, but outright charging for it would be a pretty dick move.

Servers are expensive, yo. Hopefully I have enough horsepower in the current setup to get through the Autumn/Winter sale.

Caerith

So I was wondering 'why are peeps so shocked and surprised about PS2 emulation in 2015' then I realised it's a double whammy of a DF thread and PS4 thread. Figures for the audience those usually bring in. That Kotaku blacklist thread had some giggle worthy replies and the Roster Teeth vs Jeff Gertsmann thread is gold. Of all the people to question their integrity they pick out Jeff. Seriously?
I had to see it for myself. I didn't know who any of those people are, but when googling someone's name brings up nothing but pictures of them in their underwear (or less) you know they're a paragon of integrity.

Having access to the chrome.storage API seems to be the last piece of the puzzle in porting the Chrome version of Enhanced Steam to Firefox's new WebExtensions API. Once this bug is resolved and pushed to the nightly Firefox build I'll be able to finish the port and provide a BETA version for Nightly users. Once the fix (and support for the WebExtensions API in general) is released to the general release build, it means that Enhanced Steam for Firefox will be available again and will have the exact same functionality as the Chrome version.
So the solution to Enhanced Steam working on Firefox is to use Chrome?

I love how NVIDIA themselves admit that the fastest graphics card they have currently on offer (980TI) is barely enough to sustain 1080p30 in AssCreed: Austin Wintory.
Is that because Assassin's Creed looks that good, or because it's that poorly optimized?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So the solution to Enhanced Steam working on Firefox is to use Chrome?

Basically, yeah. Mozilla finally realized that Firefox was fighting a losing battle with it's addon developers and decided to implement the WebExtensions API which is essentially just a wrapper for the chome. namespace of Chrome extensions.

I guess the idea is that with other browsers like Opera and Edge using "Chrome" extensions by default, they wanted to level the playing field rather than to ask developers to continue building extensions using specialized code that only works in Firefox.

https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/08/21/the-future-of-developing-firefox-add-ons/

I'm actually okay with this because it means a lot of Enhanced Steam's Firefox users will finally get the same level of feature support that has been impossible in the past using Mozilla's Jetpack APIs. It also appears to be pretty easy to build and deploy from the existing Chrome extension code, so that's a bonus.

I really do wish I could find a better way to monetize the extension or give a greater incentive for people to do so, but outright charging for it would be a pretty dick move.

Servers are expensive, yo. Hopefully I have enough horsepower in the current setup to get through the Autumn/Winter sale.

Berating/trolling/attacking a cool guy who donates a lot of his time/money/resources into creating something he loves to make a better experience to anyone is a bigger dick move. Think of it as... balancing the scales.

It's all good, I know some still haven't seen it.
The bundle was pretty glanced over in the thread.

:)
The pace at which this thread moves is pretty crazy. I must have missed it.
I literally just received my email from HB so I thought I would post it!
My bad, I'll search harder next time!

Grief.exe

I love how NVIDIA themselves admit that the fastest graphics card they have currently on offer (980TI) is barely enough to sustain 1080p30 in AssCreed: Austin Wintory.

On Ultra, I'm aware... Still finding it rather funny

Of course, that's exactly what Nvidia wants as it will drive a percentage of users to upgrade to new equipment.

Jawmuncher

If you can believe it the thread used to be 10x faster. Was literally a live chat at one point.

BST does also have large images, but those are to be expected. This random 632x347 image is another thing entirely. ;)
Stop being nice and molly-coddling the newbie. :p

All are welcome to SteamGAF

Caerith

Humble bundles update at like 10am PT, their emails go out several hours later. That's why you probably missed it being mentioned.

They wouldn't fuck up DQ Heroes port, right?
It's originally a DX11 game and running at 60fps on PS4.

This data is kinda surprising and concerning to see. People are 'okay' with KT ports, 4 positive and 4 mixed reviews.

Dr Dogg

Could this be it? Could Syndicate be the AssCreed game to dethrone the first as my favourite? Well this is cheating a bit as I've played a bit of it previously but getting my hands dirty just exploring London is pretty much tickling me in all the right places. Landmarks are really, really well represented and the boroughs each have not only a subtle unique look and feel but they're rather close to how they are today. I mean Southwark looks like a shit hole and it was last time I was there, the Bank of England is just as filthy as it has been every time I've seen it and Trafalgar Square is infested with pigeons. Only thing missing is a bunch of pissed up students trying to throw a traffic cone on top of Nelson's Column. Yeah I might be a little biased...

Messiah

This data is kinda surprising and concerning to see. People are 'okay' with KT ports, 4 positive and 4 mixed reviews.

People get weirdly defensive over KT games strangely enough.

jshackles

Could this be it? Could Syndicate be the AssCreed game to dethrone the first as my favourite? Well this is cheating a bit as I've played a bit of it previously but getting my hands dirty just exploring London is pretty much tickling me in all the right places. Landmarks are really, really well represented and the boroughs each have not only a subtle unique look and feel but they're rather close to how they are today. I mean Southwark looks like a shit hole and it was last time I was there, the Bank of England is just as filthy as it has been every time I've seen it and Trafalgar Square is infested with pigeons. Only thing missing is a bunch of pissed up students trying to throw a traffic cone on top of Nelson's Column. Yeah I might be a little biased...

I tried to tell you Dogg

I found a certain someone's locker in Life is Strange Episode 5.

I'm so creeped out now.

Ha.

That's not really his locker though. ;)

If you can believe it the thread used to be 10x faster. Was literally a live chat at one point.

All are welcome to SteamGAF

Hey, I never said people weren't welcome.

People get weirdly defensive over KT games strangely enough.

This reminds me -- One Piece 3 got cards.

Chariot

Not quiet sure why Xtreme Legends is positive, but PW3 and Nobunaga's Ambition are pretty good.

Lain

I'm kinda OK with Kiwami. Price aside for how barebone it was, it was an acceptable 1:1 port of the PS4 version as far as I'm concerned. I'd hope they went one step further in their ports compared to Kiwami, but if they at least kept porting the newgen versions of their console games on a consistent basis instead of the oldgen or handheld versions it would already be a huge step forward.

Momentary

Banned
Pirate Warrior 3 is a horrible port. It's not even a 1 for one port of the console version. 59 fps jitter fest. Missing models, no online play, missing graphics options, Controller issues out the ass.If this were a AAA release like Arkham Knight it would have been shit on quick. It gets a free pass because of crazy K-T fans and anime.

Try to play GoT epsiode 3 via remote streaming... in the middle of a dialogue I get a power surge.
Decide to give it another go, but play directly on my PC this time... in the middle of a dialogue a bit later... power surge.
Restart PC for the 3rd time, get to the same conversation as the last surge... POWER SURGE.
Restart PC... now GoT won't launch.

I hate my power company.

Jawmuncher

Not quiet sure why Xtreme Legends is positive, but PW3 and Nobunaga's Ambition are pretty good.

Pirate Warrior 3 is a horrible port. It's not even a 1 for one port of the console version. 59 fps jitter fest. Missing models, no online play, missing graphics options, Controller issues out the ass.If this were a AAA release like Arkham Knight it would have been shit on quick. It gets a free pass because of crazy K-T fans and anime.

Most interesting.

rtcn63

Try to play GoT epsiode 3 via remote streaming... in the middle of a dialogue I get a power surge.
Decide to give it another go, but play directly on my PC this time... in the middle of a dialogue a bit later... power surge.
Restart PC for the 3rd time, get to the same conversation as the last surge... POWER SURGE.
Restart PC... now GoT won't launch.

I hate my power company.

Would an uninterruptible power supply help?

Chariot

Da fuck. Only one I can see is the lack of online play and I think the reviews are pointing into a overall positive direction too. I mean, of course my experience isn't everyone's experience, but I am quite shocked that this seem the case in your game.

Momentary

Banned
Most interesting.

Well it is shit. The only defense people give is,

"STFU, do you not want K-T games on STEAM?!"
"I'd rather have this than nothing!"
"Graphics Whore"

That is about the gist of it.

Da fuck. Only one I can see is the lack of online play and I think the reviews are pointing into a overall positive direction too.

Bah hah hah! Okay. Never mind that 29 page Support thread with every issue and more that I just laid out for you that hasn't been answered once and has rabid fans come on there trying to downplay those major technical issues. Missing character models during scenes was the last straw for me after jumping through hoops just to get my Xbox 1 controller to work properly in the game along with jitter from weird frame rate, busted graphics menu and all the other crap listed here.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/331600/discussions/0/520518053431159970/#p1

Game has been busted since release with Namco Bandai only responding once on twitter about the glaring issues.

Chariot

Well it is shit. The only defense people give is,

"STFU, do you not want K-T games on STEAM?!"
"I'd rather have this than nothing!"
"Graphics Whore"

That is about the gist of it.
I didn't know I had to defend it until a few minutes ago when I read your post. Everything's working perfectly for me and in 42 hours not a single bug. I am satisfied with the gameplay, with the rich rooster of characters and the stability of the game.

Ruruja

Basically Turfster posts new deals and bundles before you (although he's not around at the moment) and lashman posts everything ever before you, so there's really no point in trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom