• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriken

Kinda getting annoyed at how long GOG's support takes, shame there's nobody live to talk to

Two days later and they re-instate The Witcher 3 back to my account, they said it was removed when they changed the status of my expansion pack. Guess I should get to playing this before 2015 ends

Cant be as bad Steam's support.

I was overseas and had a overseas related question to keys.

Took them two months to respond.

I first posted before leaving and they responded as soon as I came back......

Making me feel a bit bad thinking a two day wait from email to email is annoying :/

zkylon

zkylewd
hngggggggg why don't you give me an overwatch key blizz

you know i'm like so close to preordering it

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME

;_;

That's why you need to watch Die Hard. It's the only (non-Peanuts) Christmas movie that doesn't miss the point.
consumerism?

9179645965_f92bb32580_o.gif
gross

Watch it now.
Right now. Do it.
i'll watch it eventually

probably

maybe

So...it's just gonna be a week long with the same percentage each time? They must have some wicked sick metagame if they want people to actually look at the deals.

pretty much...different games will be "featured" each day but the percentages will stay the same no matter if it's "featured" or not

I think I have most of the currency stuff ironed out for the next release of Enhanced Steam. There are starting to be quite a few:

The only thing I don't have ironed out just yet is differentiating between Japanese Yen and Chinese Yuan. Support for that might come in a future release. Unfortunately since they're formatted exactly the same on the store pages it makes it a little more difficult to detect which is which.
Could you change "NT" to "TWD"? That's the proper acronym.

Jawmuncher

So Resident Evil 6 is coming to PS4 and Xbox One. There's a chance we might see a update to the game or a new version on steam. Since i'm hoping they do a special edition like with DMC4.

Jawmuncher

Getting Digital: A Love Story vibes. Which is a good thing. That game was great.
Free Download: http://scoutshonour.com/digital/

Why would that be needed on pc?

Special Edition has new content like 3 new playable campaigns. That is what i'm getting at.
If this RE6 console release is a new game, or has new content I hope it hits PC as well. Don't want another DmC Definitive Edition where we didn't get those fixes. Though at least we had the majority of them as mods besides the lock on.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Could you change "NT" to "TWD"? That's the proper acronym.

Unfortunately the currency stuff is tied in to how it's displayed on the store pages.

What did I miss? Oh, a Lightning strike.

Modbot is not 411ing me so I assume SteamGAF has trivia failed another day. If you can solve the trivia before LR is available for preorder I will do a pre-release trivia for it.

I am not liking your chances.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Lomax

So far the absolute best thing about upgrading to a 970 is the silence. Since my 5770 was basically always maxed out, the fans were usually cranking at 80-90% most of the time. Now I'm running games like New Vegas and the fans don't even come on. It's amazing.

Getting Digital: A Love Story vibes. Which is a good thing. That game was great.

Free Download: http://scoutshonour.com/digital/

I liked Digital myself...but the main appeal for me was "hey, free game." I'll have to see what the price is for Emily.

Which brings me to another question: why is it that on Steam, they don't tell you the price ahead of time before it unlocks? I'm not saying let me pre-order, but let me budget.

Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry

Was this changed in any way from the original Raven's Cry, or did they just change the name so they could drop the bad reviews down the memory hole?

MUnited83

For you.
I liked Digital myself...but the main appeal for me was "hey, free game." I'll have to see what the price is for Emily.

Which brings me to another question: why is it that on Steam, they don't tell you the price ahead of time before it unlocks? I'm not saying let me pre-order, but let me budget.

Was this changed in any way from the original Raven's Cry, or did they just change the name so they could drop the bad reviews down the memory hole?

Looks like a sequel, since Raven's Cry still exists.

Hope it lives up to the first game (QL).

Its not a sequel. Its a re-release. It's been extensively reworked and includes some new content as well.

I'm kinda OK with Kiwami. Price aside for how barebone it was, it was an acceptable 1:1 port of the PS4 version as far as I'm concerned. I'd hope they went one step further in their ports compared to Kiwami, but if they at least kept porting the newgen versions of their console games on a consistent basis instead of the oldgen or handheld versions it would already be a huge step forward.

Not quiet sure why Xtreme Legends is positive, but PW3 and Nobunaga's Ambition are pretty good.

Pirate Warrior 3 is a horrible port. It's not even a 1 for one port of the console version. 59 fps jitter fest. Missing models, no online play, missing graphics options, Controller issues out the ass.If this were a AAA release like Arkham Knight it would have been shit on quick. It gets a free pass because of crazy K-T fans and anime.

Nobunaga's Ambition seems like the best port of all. But the rest are still having issues of their own. DoA5, One Piece & DW games with their PS3 assets, for example. That's simply unacceptable imho. Kiwami is indeed a 1:1 PS4 port, unfortunately it's lacking basic PC controls (no mouse and bad keybinding), not to mention the 30fps cap which is okay in my book.

Looks like a sequel, since Raven's Cry still exists.

Hope it lives up to the first game (QL).

I doubt it. I think I've heard that Vendetta is just a 'remaster' of the original game with lots of fixes.
The new store also literally has the same picture(s) from the vanilla, like this one.

Jawmuncher

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=558520203

Narcissu 10th Anniversary Anthology Project is the follow-up to the classic visual novel from stage-nana, which captured the attention and hearts of fans around the world in 2006. The deeply emotional story tackles the issues of terminal illness and the feelings that are left behind in those who suffer the loss.

We are in the process of producing 4 games as part of the Narcissu anthology:
• Sumire - An entirely new chapter in the series.
• Zero - The origin story of the 7th Floor
• A Little Iris - A separate side story set in medieval Europe
• Himeko's Epilogue - A short epilogue for Narcissu 2

• Two Bonus chapters- "1980" - An extra short story & "1993" - Another extra short story by Tomo Kataoka, along with "1980" they are considered by creator and scenario Tomo Kataoka to be the spiritual 'roots' of Narcissu.

In addition, the game features an incredible lineup for its musical score, with video game industry veterans Chris Huelsbeck (Turrican, Star Wars, Monkey Island) and Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana, Koudelka, Shining Hearts) bringing in brand new music to further the incredible score that Narcissu has become known for.

Narcissu is a Japanese visual novel series with no choices that explores themes about terminal illness, and the relationship between the living and the dying. The games became known for their high production quality and touching story and were eventually downloaded over a million times worldwide. Numerous spin offs such as a manga, a light novel, even mobile apps were created, and it has been translated by fans into many languages including English, Chinese, French, and Polish just to name a few.

You can find the most recent versions of the games for free on Steam, also published by Sekai Project, as Narcissu 1+2 where it has a "Very Positive" rating with over 1,800 reviews and over 127k downloads.

Stage-Nana is a Japanese doujin group that created the original Narcissu series a decade ago in 2005. The group is led by Tomo Kataoka, a veteran of the Japanese visual novel industry. Kataoka is also a primary scenario writer/director for the Nekoneko-Software brand of visual novels in Japan. Nekoneko-Software had just celebrated their 16th year as a company.

Stage-Nana are providing the writing and their expertise in producing visual novels for this project. They will be working full time with Sekai Project until everything for this Kickstarter campaign is complete.

Narcissu 10th Anniversary Anthology Project is now on Steam Greenlight.
RIP Jazz I posted this before him.

So Resident Evil 6 is coming to PS4 and Xbox One. There's a chance we might see a update to the game or a new version on steam. Since i'm hoping they do a special edition like with DMC4.

Seems like the comparison would be to DmC DE, not DMC4SE.

And in that case, we'll get fuck all on PC.

Special Edition has new content like 3 new playable campaigns. That is what i'm getting at.
If this RE6 console release is a new game, or has new content I hope it hits PC as well. Don't want another DmC Definitive Edition where we didn't get those fixes. Though at least we had the majority of them as mods besides the lock on.

Majority? Nope.

Some of the better mods that were out there inspired a lot of the stuff in the DE... but as it stands, there's a ton of changes that are just not on PC in any way, shape, or form... and at this point, it looks like Capcom doesn't care to give it to us as a new game, dlc, or free update...

As such, I'm still waiting for the PS4 version to drop to $15 or less.

Parsnip

I just did the import Steam friends thing on Uplay, so if you happen to see some MajorParsnip fellow sending a Uplay friend request, that's just me.

In case you thought it was some other Parsnip.
Or a Potato.

Pachimari

So if I have more than 380 games wishlisted, it starts dumping them on one big list at the bottom of my wishlist. Is there no way I can reorder these?

UoelxJH.png

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So if I have more than 380 games wishlisted, it starts dumping them on one big list at the bottom of my wishlist. Is there no way I can reorder these?

UoelxJH.png

I think that's just an Enhanced Steam feature that lets you see how much buying every game in your wishlist would cost. It's not a separate thing from your wishlist.

Pachimari

I think that's just an Enhanced Steam feature that lets you see how much buying every game in your wishlist would cost. It's not a separate thing from your wishlist.

Oh yeah, I know it's not separate. All of these games are on my wishlist, but how do I reorder the games that are dumped together?

[edit]
Oh wait, I understand now. So it just lists all of my wishlisted games to find a total value? Got it.

Uraizen

Banned
I didn't know I had to defend it until a few minutes ago when I read your post. Everything's working perfectly for me and in 42 hours not a single bug. I am satisfied with the gameplay, with the rich rooster of characters and the stability of the game.

I hate to tell ya this, but uh... this post is right.

Pirate Warrior 3 is a horrible port. It's not even a 1 for one port of the console version. 59 fps jitter fest. Missing models, no online play, missing graphics options, Controller issues out the ass.If this were a AAA release like Arkham Knight it would have been shit on quick.

I've put in 29.5 hours into it myself and other than the 59fps jitter fest the rest is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom