• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Something's looking off, not even talking about the costumes, but I am looking forward to it. Please be on PC.

It's the paint filter for me. It looks like a step back from VC1's and looks more like a base filter for a Macbook webcam. Or a really terrible Reshade setting. Not awful, just doesn't look as good.

Caerith

It's the paint filter for me. It looks like a step back from VC1's and looks more like a base filter for a Macbook webcam. Or a really terrible Reshade setting. Not awful, just doesn't look as good.

Yeah. VC1 was more crisp. This looks like it was from a scan, or someone taking a picture of a screen with their phone, or something. Just not clean.

Yeah, it seems that they're using a different engine this time.
To accommodate the new action-oriented gameplay, they would need a new engine indeed.

Miff

Hopefully the effect is just over-emphasized for press. I like the look of the game overall though; I'll love to try and max it out on PC.
don't make me buy a PS4, Sega

Da fuck. Only one I can see is the lack of online play and I think the reviews are pointing into a overall positive direction too. I mean, of course my experience isn't everyone's experience, but I am quite shocked that this seem the case in your game.

The problem with this port is, that K-T refuses to fix their game.
The assets are mix between last-gen console assets and the Vita assets.
The graphic options do nothing besides resolution and I mean literally do nothing.
It doesnt have cloud-saves (though that seems normal for K-T games on Steam).

Its a mess.

Ozium

I just realized that no dailies is a blessing.

The Earth will be destroyed in 14 days so Valve is letting us enjoy our trip to Mira.

based gabe

dex3108

pCbdaDO.jpg

Didn't Polygon write that article about gray market sellers?

I just realized that no dailies is a blessing.

The Earth will be destroyed in 14 days so Valve is letting us enjoy our trip to Mira.

based gabe
I personally don't care for dailies either but, as discussed earlier, they are the things that made Steam sales unique in a way.

Lomax

A dev posted in the no dailies thread and said he put his game at 50% for the fall sale and 75% for the winter sale. That's significant because in the past, discounts have been the same for both sales. Personally, I think we may see deeper discounts from the major publishers in the fall sale because it's shorter, and it's associated with black Friday which is already a major sale time.

I dunno if I care about Valkyria Chronicles if it's abandoning the strategy/action/RPG hybrid stuff. It was the reason to play.
Well, I just spent $7 on Helix Points in AssCreed Syndicate so as to purchase the Helix glitch map. I am officially part of the problem!

Jase, no. Not like this.

Chariot

Fair enough, just do me a favor and pick Kizaru once. You'll at least see the issue with missing models for logia users.
I did. No problem. But I guess I just got lucky and dodged every bug. Don't get me wrong, I can emphasize, I also looked down upon people who claimed that Arkham Knight was cool just because it ran on their system without a hitch.

I did. No problem. But I guess I just got lucky and dodged every bug. Don't get me wrong, I can emphasize, I also looked down upon people who claimed that Arkham Knight was cool just because it ran on their system without a hitch.

Its not just about bugs.

There are several issues with the port. Like the asset-mix between Vita and last-gen assets, all graphical options that literally dont change anything, no cloud-saves, no Multiplayer, no controller button prompts in a console-port etc.

Anteater

God Hand is the best thing I played from MG Rising.
The game is simply awesome, one of the best PS2 titles.

yep, I still go back from time to time because it's just so fun to play.

The game feels very platinum with a lot of the humor and ideas you see in their later games but at the same time remained as one of the most unique games that no one else will ever do again.

I really hope they release this game on steam, gregaman from capcom said he thinks the game might suit the steam demographic so I guess there's that, even though capcom japan might not care, but I do agree with him, there's a crowd that just likes challenging old school games and might give the game another chance.

Dr Dogg

Well Valkyria RPG-whatsit has a way more vibrant colour pallet than any of the past VC game ever did. This in turn has also muted the pencil shader which is very hard to see in shows now. And the most heinous crime is changing the paper filter to a stippled stock in stead of a non or cold press design. I mean come on stippled is for pastels and charcoals.

Speaking of shaders going back to Rise of the Tomb Raider this morning to check off some lists was a bit of a jolt with the copious amounts of shader aliasing present compared to how clean Syndicate looks. Granted ~6 times the resolution helps somewhat but RotTR shall definitely be a treat to go through again next year on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom