• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

The power of "oh, these games are the cheapest, I'll vote for them."
Yeah, it gets a little frustrating with these sales that sometimes whatever's cheapest is voted for, not just whichever's more popular.

Although there's an interesting wrinkle in that the Castle Crasher bundle with Battleblock is ALSO 90% off and is cheaper than buying Battleblock on its own. Glad I skipped on that one now.

EDIT: Heh, I was far from the first to make that observation.

sleepykyo

Wasn't Risk of Rain 2.99 two days ago?

Risk of Rain, Surgeon, Nether and Rogue Legacy are kind of underwhelming since they were just flash or community votes. Then again, I'm kind of just hoping Capcom would hurry up and put Remember Me back at the 9.99 (or lower) price point which I missed last time so I might be a little biased.

Randdalf

I wonder what Valve used to render the images associated with the Summer Adventure Cards... it's probably Source Filmmaker, but I wonder if they're using Source 2 for any of this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How is BattleForge an option for a sale, when EA is shutting down the game and I can't find it on the store? Also, 33% off free?

The game was shut down 8 months ago. I'm guessing whoever put together the block didn't realise the game isn't actually available on the store.

Does anyone have any impressions on Forced they could share? I'm thinking of grabbing the four pack and passing out the spares if the game is actually fun/good.

Ibuki

Banned
I got battle block yesterday but I ain't even mad. 3.74 seems like a steal to me. Plus I already had castle crashers. :p

Welcome to another find the missing deal puzzle:
O4Px_2u6GXJV.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

KarmaCow

Same. Bought it for me and a friend and now it's cheaper to get the bundle than it was to get the game when it was on daily. Bullshit.

We need a new rule. Wait until pricing error on bundles.

The secret rule is check for price errors at the beginning of each 8 hour block and buy games when the sale is about the end.

Though this can backfire if a publisher decides to lower of the discount mid way through the sale like Capcom did with DMC4 a few years ago.

Nice, crafted a badge, reached L30 and got a summer foil!

Now if morons would stop undercutting my other 2 foils by like $2 at a time, I could sell them.

user237

Strider (2014) is nothing like "Arcade - Retro". Talk about judging a franchise entry by the history, not the actual game...

They probably have a list of games that have been approved for a deep discount, and they have to shoehorn them into groups of 4 based on whatever reasonable sounding themes they can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom