• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Blood money is 1,79€... Sounds like it might be the better deal here, I think I'm gonna start with this one then (hoping I do not spoil all other iterations for me... ^^) How does it hold up for todays standards?

I'd say blood money still holds up really well, brilliant game. You'll find few fans of Hitman who don't believe that it is the best game.

Did anyone enjoy Risk of Rain? I'm interested but wanna hear some opinions.

Played it co-op the other night for quite awhile. It was definitely a lot of fun. Side scrolling action game where each character has a set of abilities and you explore the map collecting loot while killing monsters. Loot is randomized and gives your character lots of different additions like health regen, elemental attacks, or off the wall things like a random chance to fire mortars and missiles. Just a small handful of the items available. For the $2 I spent splitting a four pack, it was a very awesome investment.

Seanspeed

Banned
Sorry to ask here, but just started Xcom and I'm on the 2nd mission(after the tutorial mission) and my guy is on a roof and cant move. At first, it told me I could move the camera up and down elevation-wise with the mouse wheel but that's stopped working as well.

Have no idea what to do and am completely stuck already. Tried googling and nothing came up.

Please help?

had a bit of card money left. Enjoy!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Castle Crashers -- MB-3F33F1FBA97E083A - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 18 entrants total.

t1403562080z1.png

Jeremy

Whoa, I entered for Burnout Paradise expecting just the core game and it ends up being the Ultimate Box! Thank you so much!!! :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sorry to ask here, but just started Xcom and I'm on the 2nd mission(after the tutorial mission) and my guy is on a roof and cant move. At first, it told me I could move the camera up and down elevation-wise with the mouse wheel but that's stopped working as well.

Have no idea what to do and am completely stuck already. Tried googling and nothing came up.

Please help?

Like it said: Mouse wheel down and click near the ladder. It'll take you down. The keyboard and mouse controls for X-com are a bit wonky, double so coming from the "dumbed down" but better controlling console versions. The movement on controllers is sort of automated so it makes climbing things easier.

Ambition

Played it co-op the other night for quite awhile. It was definitely a lot of fun. Side scrolling action game where each character has a set of abilities and you explore the map collecting loot while killing monsters. Loot is randomized and gives your character lots of different additions like health regen, elemental attacks, or off the wall things like a random chance to fire mortars and missiles. Just a small handful of the items available. For the $2 I spent splitting a four pack, it was a very awesome investment.

Loot? Sold! Everything else is a bonus.

Lain

Lego The Movie or Lego The Hobbit? I enjoyed Lego Lord of the Rings and Lego Marvel Superheroes. Which is the better game? I've been disappointed in the Hobbit movies versus the book, but I suspect the Lego Movie game might be more small kid focused?

I want to know that too.

Vlad

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's kind of like a side-scrolling Binding of Isaac, if you've played that. The level layout isn't randomized (but item and monster placement is), but I find the variety of characters more than makes up for it. There are 10 different playable characters, all with vastly different playstyles.

There's co-op, which I haven't tried, but I hear that it's a pain to get going. I've still clocked 80+ hours in the game just in single-player. I unlocked all the characters and items, and felt that I got more than my money's worth.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hitman Absolution is an awesome
Splinter Cell
game

Count me as another person that got their market locked cause of M&M's. It's no biggie though, I still have a bunch in my steam wallet that should last me til the end of the sale.

Yeah, there is definitely something up with the contest. The team in first place shouldn't be getting farther and farther ahead if they are already up by a mile.

bronson

Steam says I gotta verify my M&M credit cards that I used to add money to my wallet, but the verification keeps failing. Now it says I can't use the Market until the 29th. Any workarounds?

Ambition

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's kind of like a side-scrolling Binding of Isaac, if you've played that. The level layout isn't randomized (but item and monster placement is), but I find the variety of characters more than makes up for it. There are 10 different playable characters, all with vastly different playstyles.

There's co-op, which I haven't tried, but I hear that it's a pain to get going. I've still clocked 80+ hours in the game just in single-player. I unlocked all the characters and items, and felt that I got more than my money's worth.

Thank you, ready to purchase :)

I might add that if you die you have to start over. So the loot is very temporary.

Oh really? Bummer, still interested though!

Seanspeed

Banned
Like it said: Mouse wheel down and click near the ladder. It'll take you down. The keyboard and mouse controls for X-com are a bit wonky, double so coming from the "dumbed down" but better controlling console versions. The movement on controllers is sort of automated so it makes climbing things easier.
Mouse wheel isn't doing anything.

Cant click anywhere, either.

I keep seeing negative things about Dark Souls on PC? Is it really that bad? I played the game on my PS3 when it first came out and I'd love to get to try it with the DS4 through my PC but what a lot of people are saying about GFWL and the PC version of the game are kind of scaring me away.

gaiadyne

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers -- MB-4708F62D4ED3E827 - Taken by astrogamer. 23 entrants total.

t1403562028z1.png
[/QUOTE]

oneils

I have a few games in my inventory that I would like to give away using modbot. How do I find out the steam key for these games?

Thats what I mean....Telltale Games pls

They can hardly support saving to the computer. Writing a couple of dozen variables to a hard disk is way to complicated for them. considering they had the same save game corruption bug span 2 games now. Adding cloud support will blow their minds.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mouse wheel isn't doing anything.

You have to think of the map as "layers." If your camera is moving down, then I dunno. The camera should "layer down" and let you click near the ladder to place them down the ladder/climb-down. If you've moved once or twice, you may (depending on the size and movement speed/limitations) not be able to climb down right now/this turn.

aScaris

I'd say blood money still holds up really well, brilliant game. You'll find few fans of Hitman who don't believe that it is the best game.

Honestly it's the most casual Hitman game I've played. So it's a nay in my book. I would recommend you get blood money or the earlier ones.

Ok, I'm gonna start with Blood money then :) Also I made enough money off of trading cards to make it a free purchase :D Yay! :D

I bought it a couple of days ago. I started playing for what I thought was an hour, ended up playing for a couple of hours without even realizing it. I've been recently obessesed with rogue-lites, and it is definetly worth picking it up at this price.

Jeremy

I keep seeing negative things about Dark Souls on PC? Is it really that bad? I played the game on my PS3 when it first came out and I'd love to get to try it with the DS4 through my PC but what a lot of people are saying about GFWL and the PC version of the game are kind of scaring me away.

I wouldn't let it scare you away but it requires some work to play. There's all there is to it. The core game is bad for multiple reasons but you should have it permanently playable within 30m - 1h.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom