• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

queef.jpg

All queef and no play make Ruruja a dull boy

Salsa

Tom Fulp is filthy rich. Someone probably said "hey 90% off sounds fine right" and he went "whatever" while scrooge mcduck diving in his newgrounds moneypool

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cortex Command -- MB-13FD9DA725D5819F - Taken by purg3

I guess I can add to the pile of giveaways...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I wouldn't let it scare you away but it requires some work to play. There's all there is to it. The core game is bad for multiple reasons but you should have it permanently playable within 30m - 1h.
Is there an updated tutorial on getting in working right?

Also, what's bad about the core game?

Seanspeed

Banned
You have to think of the map as "layers." If your camera is moving down, then I dunno. The camera should "layer down" and let you click near the ladder to place them down the ladder/climb-down. If you've moved once or twice, you may (depending on the size and movement speed/limitations) not be able to climb down right now/this turn.
Nothing is happening when I click or move the mouse wheel. At first I just clicked 'overwatch', thinking maybe the game is telling me I'm not supposed to move, but now my team is moved forward and my guy here(my upgraded guy) is just stuck on the roof and it wont let me move him anywhere on this next round.

EDIT: And now I've figured out how to move up and down with the keyboard, but it still wont let me move anywhere. Absolutely every spot is red and wont let me move.

Fucking bullshit.

Just noticed Battleblock is £2.74 at 75% off but the pack of that and Castle Crashers is £1.89 at 90% off. Pricing error or has it been like that since yesterday?

well guys, time to share :)

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-8273E847B59F7E0F - Taken by JustLynx. 30 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-A25EED5EDB5B8543 - Taken by TuckingFypo. 40 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-F86DE70068F33EF7 - Taken by mannerbot. 25 entrants total.

t1403572482z1.png

Lego The Movie or Lego The Hobbit? I enjoyed Lego Lord of the Rings and Lego Marvel Superheroes. Which is the better game? I've been disappointed in the Hobbit movies versus the book, but I suspect the Lego Movie game might be more small kid focused?

Lego movie game isn't that good. You get the feeling it was rushed and didn't receive as much love as other lego games. Its fine but of the two, Hobbit is better. BTW this is based on the ps3 versions.

Kiru

This is true as well, it cloud synced and I didn't even create a save file.

Just checked my library again. I played episode 1 at least before my PC died on me. Nothing is saved in the cloud after checking properties. Either they added cloud support recently or it really just saves settings which take nearly no space in the cloud. I have no idea.

Ok, serious question. With all the money they make, couldn't they pay someone who can speak properly when they read the donation notes?

EDIT: Whooooops, wrong thread

aScaris

Does anyone have the magic 2014 game? Do you have to like...keep buying card decks? Is it worth 2.50?

It's a pretty basic MTG experience. If you are new to the game it is absolutely worth it! You don't have to buy card packs unless you feel like you need more than is included. You get a good amount of content for your money to pass several hours, so you CAN buy DLC, but you don't have to. If you are an experienced MTG player it is not really a challenge and I would rather recommend Magic Online ;)

I'm kind of surprised I'm haven't bought anything in the past few days. i only got a couple games on day 1. I haven't even spent $10 yet

Jeremy

Is there an updated tutorial on getting in working right?

Also, what's bad about the core game?

Essentially two things: locked to 720p/30fps and kb/m controls are absolute shit. DSfix fixes the resolution and can increase to 60fps but that fucks up some things with the game that I can't really remember because I didn't do it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nothing is happening when I click or move the mouse wheel. At first I just clicked 'overwatch', thinking maybe the game is telling me I'm not supposed to move, but now my team is moved forward and my guy here(my upgraded guy) is just stuck on the roof and it wont let me move him anywhere on this next round.

He's on Overwatch then. You need to take him off Overwatch.

Let me boot the game. It's been a while since I've played it. I'll check and see if you're able to take them off Overwatch and climb down ladders.

Eusis

what kind of subject lines are you guys sending to modbot
I'm boring and usually go with [NAME OF GAME] raffle. Except Marlow, but I was only slightly less boring and went "Marlow!"

By the way I don't get a response unless I win, right? That's been bugging me, if I didn't qualify or whatever. And this is counted as a Steam thread for "not lurking", right? It'd suck to be active in here only to have failed to pay enough attention to the main Steam thread and thus not be eligible ever.

Roflobear

Really hoping for a Splinter Cell: Blacklist 75% discount. After Arkham Origins and Saints Row IV, it's the last big game I really want

Arren

Have Resident Evil 4 (the Ultimate HD edition), 5 and 6 appeared yet on any of the Daily / Flash / Community deals?

Really interested in trying to grab all of them for cheap.

I'm boring and usually go with [NAME OF GAME] raffle. Except Marlow, but I was only slightly less boring and went "Marlow!"

By the way I don't get a response unless I win, right? That's been bugging me, if I didn't qualify or whatever.

Mine are boring, too. Short versions of the titles of games I am entering for.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Gravelord Cheapo is going at it again!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Marine Sharpshooter II Jungle Warfare -- MB-CB9896D41F86FA6A - Taken by Accoun
Jack Orlando Director's Cut -- MB-37FD8524558A86D8 - Taken by Stumpokapow
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-12F5444E6244333B
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-A6A8A6B83A2FDE25 - Taken by Avinexus
Time Gentlemen Please - Ben There, Dan That -- MB-0943F57C70841CEA - Taken by rookiejet
Trauma -- MB-9929CCA05D89ABF2 - Taken by Jive Turkey
Alter Ego -- MB-BF4E40BC0FDEFA39 - Taken by Natty1

Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi -- MB-942862BEC4F8DFF1 - Taken by tav7623
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-F23F0F646C0D4574 - Taken by Diedac
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-D6A23A78C81D4D34 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Humanity Asset -- MB-C7CDE2268A00C5E5
Ampu-Tea -- MB-7C2FC6A4CED57A2A - Taken by RelentlessRolento
The Tiny Bang Story -- MB-8B8AA801D678D7E4 - Taken by Zom
Manhunter -- MB-4A400CE004B9D8E5 - Taken by Beatofficer
Cargo! The Quest for Gravity -- MB-40779363639D695C - Taken by Kifimbo
The Void] -- MB-D91F0E1DE6DC5C1C - Taken by gorfyako
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-90497FDAA3067967 - Taken by FlashFlooder