• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Just beat Crysis 3 since I'm cleaning a bit of stuff before summer sale games.
Beat it in 3 hours but it wasn't bad. On par with Crysis 2 for me still need to play 1 though.

Videospel

I've barely played anything yet, I just sit all day long browsing the Steam store and refreshing these threads.
I've stayed up until 3 every night and the only real routine I have is checking the new deals every 8 hours to get my next hit.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zero Gear -- MB-353511B01EA891D4 - Taken by RelentlessRolento
Fieldrunners -- MB-2DFD897811C13741
Rock of Ages -- MB-14294ECCD7672CB6 - Taken by thePenguin. 15 entrants total.
A New Beginning -- MB-0C00D8272CB50B67
Papa & Yo -- MB-F4D6DDD8F01650BD
Bit Trip Runner 2 -- MB-B13C42A94EEE5B43 - Taken by Chocobro
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-9FDC1A082D0B194B - Taken by qazqaNii. 8 entrants total.
Ring Runner Flight of the Sages -- MB-BED626693CFEEBE6
Ittle Dew -- MB-170A5EE011AAA701 - Taken by fernandes. 16 entrants total.
Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-507D29F46C32CC91
Critical Mass -- MB-D1D1FA92FE3ECC77 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 2 entrants total.
Metal Drift -- MB-451B4E392B797443
Guacamelee -- MB-33AC68969F21E0EE - Taken by Beatofficer

t1403573442z1.png

Is nether any good? I swear there are like so many variations of the survival zombie crafting genre that just came out and i'm not sure which one I should get.

Lain

It's sad when you look at a mystery giveaway and go "meh, I probably have it already anyway."
(And yes, I am part of the bad rats brotherhood)

I look at it and think "what if it isn't bad rats?". So I don't enter for it. I'm still bad rats free.

sixamp

i read on reddit that theres alliances between colors and different colors are helpings each other out to win. I personally think this is all bs and valve is doing it

Stage On

They either need to start putting more deals up per day or stop repeating them so much.

It feels like a huge letdown when something was just a flash sale or community choice only to immediately show up as a daily afterwards

It's sad when you look at a mystery giveaway and go "meh, I probably have it already anyway."
(And yes, I am part of the bad rats brotherhood)

I wonder how much that publisher has made based on jokes alone. Ever look through the Strategy First list? So much shovelware...and Jagged Alliance 2 Gold for some reason.

Wasn't it 40% since release? Maybe the launch discount ran out.

I dunno. I remember seeing someone's impressions and thinking >$10 was too much (and thus I did not buy it for 11.24). However, last night I saw it was under $10 and was tempted to buy it while I was futzing with the stupid M&M $6 card (that's another fiasco).

Is there a way to check if Steam keys are unredeemed without using them? I've got a text doc with a few keys but I don't want to accidentally give away duds.

JaseC had some way of checking, but I don't recall what?

Seanspeed

Banned

Seriously. On only the 2nd mission and I put a guy on the roof like it told me to, but then I could never get him off or move him anywhere. Mouse wheel function stopped working(not a problem with my mouse) out of nowhere and then it got to where I clicked on 'fire' option and there was nothing to fire at cuz my guy is way behind on the map stuck on the roof and then it wouldn't let me get out of the fire mode. There was a button to click to go back to movement mode or something but it didn't do anything. Hitting escape didn't do anything, either. Couldn't get into the pause menu or anything. Had to F4 out of the game.

Literally broken. I don't use that term lightly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They either need to start putting more deals up per day or stop repeating them so much.

It feels like a huge letdown when something was just a flash sale or community choice only to immediately show up as a daily afterwards

welcome to the last 4 or 5 sales. Halfway through you have basically seen every deal

oneils

yeah, seems to be a lot of overlap between flash sales/community choice and dailies.

natertots

Seriously. On only the 2nd mission and I put a guy on the roof like it told me to, but then I could never get him off or move him anywhere. Mouse wheel function stopped working(not a problem with my mouse) out of nowhere and then it got to where I clicked on 'fire' option and there was nothing to fire at cuz my guy is way behind on the map stuck on the roof and then it wouldn't let me get out of the fire mode. There was a button to click to go back to movement mode or something but it didn't do anything. Hitting escape didn't do anything, either. Couldn't get into the pause menu or anything. Had to F4 out of the game.

I played a ton of that game and never had an issue. Sucks you are having problems.

Turfster

I wonder how much that publisher has made based on jokes alone. Ever look through the Strategy First list? So much shovelware...and Jagged Alliance 2 Gold for some reason.

We don't call them scammery first for no reason.
Look into what they've done with games they tried to publish on Steam, even when their agreement didn't cover that.

maneil99

So...have you tried it again?

My modbot PMs are titled "any" because I'm unoriginal and I read that you can use any title

I usually paste the giveaway line cause I'm lazy.

Except for when I just entered Rhankar-senpai's PA giveaway.

That one was "FUCK THE WORLD "TIL IT SPINS ON A BROKEN AXIS".

It's worth the 9 bucks for sure, but it will also be just as good at 4 or 5 bucks.

tumblr_ms2z2pDA6B1rgo5q5o1_500.gif

Strider (2014) is the biggest dumpster fire I've played all year.
I paid $9 for it and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for more than $5 and even then, I'd still tell them to prepare to be disappointed.

derExperte

welcome to the last 4 or 5 sales. Halfway through you have basically seen every deal

Winter 13 had fewer repeats than summer 13, that one was REALLY BAAAAAD in that regard. But there are too many games on Steam, Valve should somehow expand the sale. Make it longer, faster flash deals, something.

i read on reddit that theres alliances between colors and different colors are helpings each other out to win. I personally think this is all bs and valve is doing it

Well whatever the case, it has taken the fun out of this team stuff. I don't really feel like contributing points anymore. Oh well. I got to buy Risk of Rain by selling my summer adventure cards :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom