• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strider (2014) is the biggest dumpster fire I've played all year.
I paid $9 for it and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for more than $5 and even then, I'd still tell them to prepare to be disappointed.

Well hopefully it's true that PS+ is getting it next month and free is the appropriate price of entry!

Seanspeed

Banned
It's the tutorial right? Have you tried a new game from the start instead of a saved game
Ok yea, had to restart the entire thing and its working fine now.

Really, really hope that was a one-off like somebody else said. I wont be bothered to do start over if it happens even a couple hours into the game.

EDIT: Ah, and I think I figured out what the problem was. I used the rocket launcher early on and it looks like I was supposed to save it for a later part of this encounter. Must have bugged the game out.

Hugstable

Banned
Is anyone else having trouble if they tried to put in a Steam Wallet Code today? Went to Best Buy since I had 10$ in rewards Coupons and wanted a 20$ Steam Wallet Card. I came home and scratched it, trying to put the code in, but Steam just tells me: "An unexpected error has occurred. Your code could not be redeemed at this time. Please contact Steam Support." I really don't know now if it's the actual card itself (which I can't even return now because all of Best Buy's systems are down in my area) and it's gonna suck later trying to return it when different people are working since the card is already scratched and all. ugguuu

So finally crafted some badges to up my steam level. Summer cards are go! Though I've voted 12 times, but only have 2 summer cards so far, annoying.

That really pains me. : /

I remember playing it for a little bit at the Capcom booth at NYCC, and came away really psyched. Posted impressions based on that at the time, too. And then I read your reactions after you played through the whole thing and my enthusiasm totally cratered. Now I feel guilty about posting my positive first impressions. : /

Others seem to like it... I just want people to know it's not going to necessarily be for them.

I still laugh a bit knowing now that the attack button that does the upward swipe pops enemies up so you can air combo or something... but there's almost no reason to use it.

I ended up using it to reflect projectiles because of the vertical hitbox... but even so.

Yeah, I'm not a fan -- and you can't know from your impressions that the whole game is going to be 3 hours of the same thing -- I was thinking it was alright until I fought the first boss... and then after that, it just went seriously downhill, IMO.

Well hopefully it's true that PS+ is getting it next month and free is the appropriate price of entry!

If there was another version of me that hadn't played it and I could speak to him before he did, I would tell him not to bother period. Not even for free.

oneils

Well... I already have the game so I declined the gift, and I didn't notice who's the giver =\
So first of all, thank you :p
Secondly, that game should go to someone who doesn't own it yet, cause it's great

that was me. My first time doing this and forgot to include the game name. Which one was it that you declined? I'll do another giveaway.

Mono

I've never played any of the Souls games but keep hearing that Dark Souls is better than Dark Souls II. They both look pretty good to me.

Does anyone remember if Shadowrun was a daily, community, or flash sale? I was checking it out for about an hour and realized I was gonna love it and wanted to pick up the Dragonfall dlc. Hopefully it comes back around.

There was one thing irked me about the game though, the character customization. The portraits are great but customizing your character is so basic. The best looking portrait is a troll female with tats that looks nothing like the 3D model.

I've spent about $ 90 during this sale, and this is what I've copped:

Arma III
Batman AO
Batman AC
Battleblock Theatre
Castle Crashers
Sins of a solar Empire
Farcry Blood Dragon
Lost Planet 3
Devil May Cry 4

The big surprise is Lost Planet 3. I've been playing it all day, and it's great. Had no idea this game was decent.

Some Indiegala Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Edge -- MB-682F52EFC5C1AA6D
8-Bit Commando -- MB-5FD259A04AF9E746 - Taken by ProjectOmega2x. 5 entrants total.

t1403564670z1.png

This is getting ridiculous. I've won the M&M giveaway seven times in the last two days. Guess it pays to live at home and have family members who don't want to mess with a $6 master card <_<

Does anyone remember if Shadowrun was a daily, community, or flash sale? I was checking it out for about an hour and realized I was gonna love it and wanted to pick up the Dragonfall dlc. Hopefully it comes back around.

There was one thing irked me about the game though, the character customization. The portraits are great but customizing your character is so basic. The best looking portrait is a troll female with tats that looks nothing like the 3D model.

It wasn't a daily.
It was community - sci-fi I think.
I remember voting for it because I wanted a bigger discount on dragonfall.

koolaroo

Figured I would repost this before it ends.
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

spelunky #5 -- MB-43FDBBEBFF6792D5
spelunky #4 -- MB-74F1EA9984FDA119
spelunky #3 -- MB-D43466999DAD9170
spelunky #2 -- MB-F516BBB8329ED2D3
spelunky -- MB-A998F3C346331139

t1403578962z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Levyne

Banned
I've never played any of the Souls games but keep hearing that Dark Souls is better than Dark Souls II. They both look pretty good to me.

It is generally better, but if you like the core game of one, you'll like both. The trimmings are just a little more sloppy in the sequel.

2 has an active community and no GFWL so there's lot of co-op and pvp action that I never really saw much of in DS1.

Andrmt

Neo Member
First time using Modbot, hopefully i didn't do something stupid:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Half-Life 2 -- MB-A3B50F4F025BDD93 - Taken by MisterLuffy

swx

wooohooooo

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Cave Story Plus -- MB-4C52EB4426B05B3A - Taken by Helmholtz. 13 entrants total.

t1403565271z1.png

5w3rvv0

Neo Member

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-F9C08720D93AB788 - Taken by bodyboarder[/QUOTE]

They're both fantastic in their own right. I've clocked over 100 hours in each of the 3 souls games.

But is it good? And how much as we're still in EaAc.

I don't know. But the trailer sold me. I've been trying to procure 5 keys to purchase it... but with this unjust market time out I'm in, I cannot. And that stupid M&M promo thing ended with me getting suspended from paypal (it's complciated), so now I can't even paypal key sellers who are trading for $.

It is generally better, but if you like the core game of one, you'll like both. The trimmings are just a little more sloppy in the sequel.

2 has an active community and no GFWL so there's lot of co-op and pvp action that I never really saw much of in DS1.

I don't agree with that at all. :p
2 has a lot of improvement to things that were poorly designed in 1.
That said, those poor designs don't really hurt the first game, just make it less accessible or more annoying for completionists.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Torchlight failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1403565573z1.png

Sendou

Just reposting this a bit:

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Can't Stop Laughing Bundle -- MB-ADB7C5F41FB0DD9A - Taken by S1n1st3r. 47 entrants total.

t1403568124z1.png

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed

Wow that's cold.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Error: The key you tried to add for Torchlight failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

LOL. I love when these anonymous people take a key and then do a giveaway to try to "mega-giver" themselves.

oneils

t1403565573z1.png

LOL.

t1403565573z1.png

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom