• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Torchlight failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1403565573z1.png
fraud exposed!

I'm so glad my giveaway earlier worked. ;_;

Lomax

Seriously. On only the 2nd mission and I put a guy on the roof like it told me to, but then I could never get him off or move him anywhere. Mouse wheel function stopped working(not a problem with my mouse) out of nowhere and then it got to where I clicked on 'fire' option and there was nothing to fire at cuz my guy is way behind on the map stuck on the roof and then it wouldn't let me get out of the fire mode. There was a button to click to go back to movement mode or something but it didn't do anything. Hitting escape didn't do anything, either. Couldn't get into the pause menu or anything. Had to F4 out of the game.

Literally broken. I don't use that term lightly.

Just because it broke for you doesn't make it a broken game. Everyone has issues with some games, that's the reality of PC gaming. XCOM is far from a universally broken game. Sorry about your bad luck, but you're off base here.

Eanan

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
Error: The key you tried to add for Torchlight failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1403565573z1.png

The suspense is killing me... WHO IS ANONYMOUS

LOL. I love when these anonymous people take a key and then do a giveaway to try to "mega-giver" themselves.

I think it would be better if anonymous giveaways didnt count towards megagiver status.

Arthea

I still don't understand all debacle with Battleblock theater. It is a new game, not only it goes on sale for -75%, which is already surprising, the next day it's included in -90% bundle?
Did something like that ever happened before?

Did frost actually win or was that shopped?

I won...

I sat there checking the original post on 65 -- but I don't think modbot was updating that one since you reposted it with <30 minutes to go... so I went to find that post and saw I had a PM.

My heart skipped and I figured someone was just screwing with me. And as I saw the PM from modbot in my inbox, my jaw dropped and I just stared for a minute mumbling "no way... no fucking way..."

Then the laughter started... and I came back to see that Sub Zero had already made the best post that could've been made.

Helmholtz

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Portal -- MB-226AFCB81BC05A54
Bioshock -- MB-45BF42E2672289A8 - Taken by trolho. 26 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution -- MB-A922759197D8C912

t1403575924z1.png
A few random games I had in my inventory.

neoemonk

I checked the games list of games I've given away and it says one of them was given to ModBot. Does that mean that no one ever claimed it, and if so how do I repost that sucker?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Heeeere's DMC4.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-1F938C440248F2E3 - Taken by Kusagari

t1403575973z1.png

VeTqUrv.gif

Sofa King

I still don't understand all debacle with Battleblock theater. It is a new game, not only it goes on sale for -75%, which is already surprising, the next day it's included in -90% bundle?

Behemoth is awesome!

5w3rvv0

Neo Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

xheRJRF.gif
Dead Horde -- MB-6251AD3F87DB2446 - Taken by hannuraina

Another lingering game.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Humble Bundle 3 -- MB-D61760708F079B2E - Taken by Beelzebubs. 6 entrants total.

t1403565938z1.png

Another old Humble Bundle key with the following:

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves

Again this is an all or nothing, so you will get access to all the games with the code. Good luck!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

t1403566225z1.png

I won...

I sat there checking the original post on 65 -- but I don't think modbot was updating that one since you reposted it with <30 minutes to go... so I went to find that post and saw I had a PM.

My heart skipped and I figured someone was just screwing with me. And as I saw the PM from modbot in my inbox, my jaw dropped and I just stared for a minute mumbling "no way... no fucking way..."

Then the laughter started... and I came back to see that Sub Zero had already made the best post that could've been made.

Hmmm... I call hax....
skeptical.gif

zugzug

weow! Arma 3 time baby! jumping on that Altis Life Juggernaut...even though my computer will struggllle to run the game.

Anyone know if the Deus Ex 3: Director's cut is that much different than the original game?
its costing $9.99 with a whole set of different achivements looks like.

AHA-Lambda

Well I know I'm annoyed, it dicks over everyone that bought it just 1 day before.

Eanan

t1403566225z1.png

We caught another boys.

Whose the naughty rascals resubmitting keys?

SmithnCo

t1403566225z1.png

Again? lol

oneils

t1403566225z1.png

oh well, I give up. i'm obviously not cut out for this lol!

We caught another boys.

Whose the naughty rascals resubmitting keys?

that was me. tried to nuke the key but I guess I did not do it right or follow instructions properly.

Jopie

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Earth 2160- -- MB-3F982C1ED1EFFC47
Chicken Shoot- -- MB-F58ABC470D1D7053 - Taken by Sarobi
Knight Shift- -- MB-891C1861EC2E83A9
ChickenShoot 2- -- MB-CB9DDC38B73E960C
Jack Orlando Directors Cut- -- MB-EADEC00F767D63E1 - Taken by Haunted

Sendou

Dammit, I already entered before I thought of it.

K, if I win I'll nuke it and resubmit unless there is a way to pull out?

I don't think there is and use your best judgement with the matter if you happen to win it. I don't really care if you just claim it for CC or make it a giveaway of your own.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hi, is there a limit to the number of games that I can claim per day on the giveaways?

Well, there are per-giveaway rules, but there's also the global throttle. The global throttle limits you to one game every 15 minutes unless you have been winning lots of games, then it will steadily increase the cooldown period. At the top of the cooldown period you'll need to wait several days. I don't make the current throttle settings or cutoffs public because I don't want to encourage people just entering for anything and everything. Just because you can win a half-dozen or more games a day doesn't mean you should.

oh well, I give up. i'm obviously not cut out for this lol!

that was me. tried to nuke the key but I guess I did not do it right or follow instructions properly.

If it was a URL rather than a key, nuking can be kind of picky. Just add an ampersand at the end of the url and you'll get around the filter. Maybe do a non-anonymous giveaway this time, though :p

Mokoi

Banned
This time I added a timer

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman Absolution: Elite Edition -- MB-64EC70F81D5CB102 - Taken by Htown. 28 entrants total.
Tomb Raider -- MB-D9C84F8076E9AC39 - Taken by Swhalen. 24 entrants total.

t1403566173z1.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Follow the instructions, duder!

tioslash

The rules on that particular giveaway will always be posted with it.

Yes, but I mean in general. I ask this because I´ve claimed 2 games today on the giveaways, and now any new giveaway I enter for a game that I want and can see it´s been unclaimed for quite a while, I never get it.

Well, there are per-giveaway rules, but there's also the global throttle. The global throttle limits you to one game every 15 minutes unless you have been winning lots of games, then it will steadily increase the cooldown period. At the top of the cooldown period you'll need to wait several days. I don't make the current throttle settings or cutoffs public because I don't want to encourage people just entering for anything and everything. Just because you can win a half-dozen or more games a day doesn't mean you should.

Oh, ok. Thanks!! :D

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

t1403566225z1.png
0442_rsocw.gif

t1403566225z1.png

OMG...What

Mono

t1403566225z1.png

You okay, ModBot?

Are we allowed to give away stuff not through Modbot? I have an extra link to the humble site for FTL and Urban Trial Freestyle that I kind of didn't mean to buy .

rtcn63

Are we allowed to give away stuff not through Modbot? I have an extra link to the humble site for FTL and Urban Trial Freestyle that I kind of didn't mean to buy .

Yes, but it's in your favor to use modbot, especially if you enter giveaways yourself. I.e. Giving away a total of 25 games within a period of time allows you temporary Mega Giver status, so you can, for example, enter Rhakky's Folly giveaways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom