• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So how come no one can just grab the keys listed in the modbot posts (I rarely redeem keys on Steam so I'm not too familiar with how it all works)? Do you enter the contest, and modbot sends you a link to redeem the key? I thought you could simply take a key and register it with steam?

Because the MB- codes aren't Steam keys. People PM ModBot the MB- code and privately get the key or redemption URL if they win.

Second dumb question. How do people get all of these keys? Is there an option in Steam to obtain a key rather than an inventory item?

You get keys by buying Steam games at retail or on third-party online sellers like Amazon, GMG, GameFly, GamersGate, or indie bundle sites.

you guys better be ready for my next giveaway

it's gonna be OFF THE CHARTZ

rlBCfbH.gif

I should have better stuff to give away later. But this game has mod support and is fun.
Instructions:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Standard Edition [Origin] -- MB-55F51349136DF610 - Taken by SugarDave. 5 entrants total.
t1403566799z1.png

For the new page.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
A couple of questions (really dumb ones).

So how come no one can just grab the keys listed in the modbot posts (I rarely redeem keys on Steam so I'm not too familiar with how it all works)? Do you enter the contest, and modbot sends you a link to redeem the key? I thought you could simply take a key and register it with steam?

Second dumb question. How do people get all of these keys? Is there an option in Steam to obtain a key rather than an inventory item?

1. Those aren't actual keys that are in the posts, they're solely for ModBot, the real keys are given away to the winner via PM.
2. Keys generally come from places that aren't Steam, like Green Man Gaming, or a bundle site. You can't get keys from Steam, to my knowledge, only inventory gifts.

denx

ok this is unfortunate. I had a friend get Final Fantasy 8 for me since I didn't have money at the time, but he instead got FF7. Anybody knows where can I trade FF7 for FF8?

oneils

The instructions are in the modbot post but you end up emailing a link to yourself through steam.

Yeah, I saw the instructions. What I didn't realise that all of these keys are actually codes generated by urls (if I now understand correctly).

edit: thanks everyone for the answers.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I doubt my laptop can run this so I've not entered but I just wanted to say thank you for this fantastic giveaway and I really hope whoever is fortunate enough to win it enjoys the magnificent combat system (even if the game is otherwise full of faults).

You're welcome. :)

How old is your laptop? It's an MT framework game, so it scales down pretty well.

aww and now i can't join this ;____;

Did you just win something?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So where is the current Steam thread? Or is it this one?

Still debating on the Magicka DLC. I've still never touched the game :p

Just reposting this before I go to bed.

This is true. To fix this I'm going to give away some RTS games
best genre
including Age of Mythology, because a lot of my steam friends have it on their wishlist. To keep things suspenseful I'm putting a 24 hour raffle on this and keeping it open only to MEGAGIVERS.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Age of Mythology Extended -- MB-273D2AEAC4373E75 - Taken by Tizoc. 42 entrants total.
Age of Empires 2 HD -- MB-A0A33DAA0E848CCA

t1403640815z1.png

Non-MEGA-GIVERS™ am cry?

Just GIVERSONLY.
I forgot NOLURKERS, but I don't think that should be a problem in this thread.

--

tumblr_n6vnvmzclG1sxf05qo1_500.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst -- MB-9033DE8C6FA0E96D

t1403566978z1.png

cicero

A couple of questions (really dumb ones).

Read the instructions in the posts. You have to send a private message to the modbot who enters you into the raffle based on the terms listed in the instructions. If you win, modbot will private message you with the code or the link to the gift.

People get most of the keys from the multitude of game bundles that are going each week. The better games are purchased directly via Steam as gifts, put into the gift givers inventory, and then by following the instructions in the modbot thread, they are given through modbot. If you are wondering what sites sell game bundles try checking these pages.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/
http://isthereanydeal.com/specials/?by=expiry:asc

You can see the various sites listed that regularly sell them. You can also buy games that come in codes from major digital game distributors like GreenManGaming, Amazon.com, and GamersGate, etc.

Hylian7

So what's the verdict on Nether? For reference I like DayZ, despite it's jankiness. It looks like a DayZ-like game with a different setting (mutants rather than zombies, more modern America rather than Russia, etc.). Is it worth it? If so, which version? Do I really need more "Nether Gold" and the exclusive item or is that stupid Pay to Win shit?

I'm gonna requote this for the new page...

If I didn't like Hitman Absolution very much are the other titles worth checking out at all? If so which ones?

If it helps at all, the reason I disliked Absolution was due to the way the disguise system worked. I wasn't a fan of being discovered by someone wearing the same outfit across the room/map constantly.

I hope I'm doing this right, if there ends up being any problems with the winners it picks I'll manually PM the links to the winners.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Beatofficer:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-48D6D2E3773C5BD3 - Taken by TheSeks. 15 entrants total.
FTL Faster than Light -- MB-31F93217A1458477 - Taken by Altazor. 14 entrants total.

t1403567080z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom