• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
header_586x192.jpg

tumblr_llx4gxRRbf1qg39ewo1_500.gif

JustLynx

You're welcome. :)

How old is your laptop? It's an MT framework game, so it scales down pretty well.

Did you just win something?

i won oneils's mystery give which was torchlight, so i declined it :(
oh well... i guess this really isn't my day...
gonna call it a night...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ugh I don't know I should bother holding out for a possible Dark Souls 2 sale. Have different installments from franchises ever been separate dailys?

I think it was already on sale earlier. I don't remember the price being very good.

i won oneils's mystery give which was torchlight, so i declined it :(
oh well... i guess this really isn't my day...
gonna call it a night...

I'll probably put another one up tomorrow. I'll PM you when I do.

Thezez

Banned
Has anyone played either of the dlc's for SR IV ? I wanna know if they are worth getting since they are 75% off

I got a season pass for about $4 a while back... not sure it was worth it.

EDIT: For $2.49 its not so bad I guess. Depending on how much you like collectathons, you can finish them both in an hour or so.

LProtag

My wallet is safe for now.

I'm kinda tempted by Planetary Annihilation still though, but then I remember I alway suck at RTS games...

I should have better stuff to give away later. But this game has mod support and is fun.
Instructions:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Standard Edition [Origin] -- MB-55F51349136DF610
t1403566799z1.png

New page quote.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Are people remembering to nuke a key if it was in a previous giveaway and they are trying to do it again?

Bravo123

Neo Member
Just bought Nether in the sale and the first game I played I was stuck in spectator mode and could fly anywhere on the map (could see no one on the server)

I couldn't spawn or quit so I had to alt/tab.

Buggy game I guess?

If I didn't like Hitman Absolution very much are the other titles worth checking out at all? If so which ones?

If it helps at all, the reason I disliked Absolution was due to the way the disguise system worked. I wasn't a fan of being discovered by someone wearing the same outfit across the room/map constantly.

Hitman blood money is one of my favourite games EVER! You should check it out.

Beelzebubs

Another old Humble Bundle key with the following:

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves

Again this is an all or nothing, so you will get access to all the games with the code. Good luck!

Huge thanks for this man, I think this was the only humble bundle I missed. May the rest of the Summer Sale treat you with wishlist wins!

The_Monk

I was busy all day, anything I miss?

Also, any ARMA III giveaways I should be aware of?

I think it's full moon or something Grief, everybody is really excited and there's lots of gifs.

I'm just tired because it took me a long time to destroy those 3 Castles in AoE II HD.

bakeray

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Limbo -- MB-AB78E00935481801 - Taken by Saganator. 5 entrants total.

t1403567406z1.png

Terra_Ex

If I didn't like Hitman Absolution very much are the other titles worth checking out at all? If so which ones?

If it helps at all, the reason I disliked Absolution was due to the way the disguise system worked. I wasn't a fan of being discovered by someone wearing the same outfit across the room/map constantly.
Blood Money is the best one and has the best implementation of the diguise system, Absolution's was the worst so don't let that put you off the rest of the series. Contracts is probably the next best, followed by Silent Assassin but be aware that everything pre-Blood money is considerably harder, to succeed with them you have to learn the way that the game wants you to play first. The original is too antiquated to recommend at this point and the better levels were remade in Contracts anyway.

Salsa

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for SalsaShark:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-E63936008DD8637F - Taken by NotSelf

t1403652932z1.png

here's my proposition to you:

Modbot chooses the image of the game based around the name I input... so the game could be not bad rats, and Modbot wouldnt know it

the game could be something else....... ;)

or it could not

let the games begin

7enW2wN.gif

BPoole

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm thinking about doing a give away where people have to draw pictures...

Someday a person with a lot of money will do a giveaway where those who don't draw a picture will be given a copy of Bad Rats. It will be a terrible day.

Spinluck

Gaben is love, Gaben is life. Be part of history, and participate in Spin's first ever giveaway.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Bastion- -- MB-6300707D12C45DB5 - Taken by 5w3rvv0

How old is your laptop? It's an MT framework game, so it scales down pretty well.

It's a HP so reliability is something I'm always keeping in mind, but in addition to this the graphics card is quite unimpressive (admittedly I know very little about technical specifications, but my experience is what leads me to believe this):

B4VOEUK.png

D9094HO.png

I'm quite content with mostly smaller or older titles merely to pass time occasionally anyway, and as I've already played a significant portion of the game at a friends' residence it would be great for somebody else to have a chance with that magnificent combat system.

EDIT: Oh actually I finished Shatter today. What a fantastic game with an energetic soundtrack. Really Big Sky has been taking up quite a bit of time too and I think I'll have to progress to Risk of Rain and Battleblocks or Castle Crashers (which I still have not played despite constantly hearing praise) after.

ScribbleD

Ugh I don't know I should bother holding out for a possible Dark Souls 2 sale. Have different installments from franchises ever been separate dailys?

I want to say yes, but I'm not 100% sure. Just wait and see and make any final purchasing decisions on the last day of the sale if you haven't seen it as a daily. I'd be surprised if it doesn't get a daily, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom