• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Tizoc

One more stupid question, the game I want to giveaway is in my inventory, how do I see the Steam key?

Email the game in your inventory to your email address.
You will get a redemption link that ends with your e-mail. Remove the '?your email' and then that link will act as the 'key' to redeem the game.
Also check the first post.

derExperte

I have an extra copy of Nuclear Dawn, but I'm not sure anyone wants that game in a giveaway or anything lol. Waiting to see if Half Minute Hero ever goes to the 90% sale like that one Flash Sale, but I want to at least do a giveaway on a copy of that game later. If people actually want Nuclear Dawn then I guess I can do a giveaway, but I don't wanna just waste space on a giveaway if it's a game noone wants.

Just do it, someone will grab the game.

Yup
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guest Pass: Killing Floor -- MB-79077F02A412ED88 - Taken by zephervack
Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-EFF55F2781CC481A - Taken by zonezeus

You mean in the US? No I don't believe the US one is region locked.

Yes US Version, in Europe Borderlands 2 GOTY is 11.24€ = $15.27 while in US it's only $9.99.

So if it's not region locked I'd like a fellow US gaffer help me get it, I'll paypal in advance of course.

Lomax

What in human nature leads to the last four places, four teams with millions of players, to have the same score? We're talking about differences smaller than 1,000 pts.
What is leading the winning people to throw massively points, when it's very clear they won?

Also I hope I don't make you angry, I know how it is to see conspiracy nuts and will return soon under my tinfoil hat, but it jsut bothers me.

I'm sorry if I seem contentious, I just get frustrated when people seem to jump straight at the "it must all be a scam" explanation, especially when the evidence they use actually points in the other direction.

The massive points are easy to account for, that's just everyone trying to get their chance to win, along with some people who probably think more points means more chance to win, as well as people changing sides.

The others being roughly the same I would attribute to two things. One, they were that close when pink took the big lead. Also, the fact that the tokens are inordinately more powerful than just doing badges. Watching it for a few minutes, they all increase at roughly the same rate, which is what you'd expect as none have any motivation to try to win. Occasionally you'll see one jump up or down from when a token is used, and as such the order between them has changed. As I write this, Green has a 3k lead over red. Why would someone on red dump a bunch of tokens to try to offset that? One can assume that the statistical balance of token drops is roughly equal, and that the current usage of those tokens on losing is by people who get them and don't think about selling or holding them. The distribution of people like that will also be roughly equal. Thus over time the losers will increase at a roughly equal rate.

Sorry, I know that's not a very well written explanation, but the simple answer is, "because that's what happens." You see it with everything from traffic to water flow, it's just the natural order of things. Trends and inertia on a large scale are very predictable.

Besides, the counterpoint is, how would the rigging work? Valve just puts a cap on the losing teams? Valve makes the winning team's points count more during that day? Are we to believe the entire chart is fake? It's not like Valve had to put the numbers on the chart, they could have just put the symbols there and let people guess, then they could have manipulated to their heart's desire and no one would have been the wiser.

Gumbie

I'm pissed I missed the 75% off Lost Planet 3. Where are the chances it shows back up between now and the 30th?

Tizoc

I'm pissed I missed the 75% off Lost Planet 3. Where are the chances it shows back up between now and the 30th?

Low. Best case scenario is a Capcom sale in the next few months, daily, weekly, or the Winter Seal or Autumn Sale.

Chariot

I'm sorry if I seem contentious, I just get frustrated when people seem to jump straight at the "it must all be a scam" explanation, especially when the evidence they use actually points in the other direction.
I can definitly see where you're coming from and why you're annoyed at stuff like that. But evne your explaination didn't change my uneasyness. There are a few theories what Valve could've done, if they're done anything, but we will maybe never know.

Either way, was it reddit or valve, he fun was totally sucked out of this game.

Indiegala link things:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Edge -- MB-01CC3FB98F584AB1 - Taken by Cody_D165
8-Bit Commando -- MB-A453F4AC4AE69C76 - Taken by Volcynika
Dead Bits -- MB-E5391E642EC61842 - Taken by Exuro

Yakkue

2 stupid questions:

1) What are the chances S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will go on sale?

According to my calculations, the chance is exactly 42 percent.
0YImB1P.gif

trolho

Neo Member

The massive points are easy to account for, that's just everyone trying to get their chance to win, along with some people who probably think more points means more chance to win, as well as people changing sides.

The others being roughly the same I would attribute to two things. One, they were that close when pink took the big lead. Also, the fact that the tokens are inordinately more powerful than just doing badges. Watching it for a few minutes, they all increase at roughly the same rate, which is what you'd expect as none have any motivation to try to win. Occasionally you'll see one jump up or down from when a token is used, and as such the order between them has changed. As I write this, Green has a 3k lead over red. Why would someone on red dump a bunch of tokens to try to offset that? One can assume that the statistical balance of token drops is roughly equal, and that the current usage of those tokens on losing is by people who get them and don't think about selling or holding them. The distribution of people like that will also be roughly equal. Thus over time the losers will increase at a roughly equal (...)

Does that mean blue's victory next day isn't set in stone? :((

marrec

Banned
Friendly reminder for M&Ms Winners!

first, Get Enhanced Steam if you don't already have it.

Second: Input custom amount of $6. PDF has billing information( address, zip, etc), and the help hotline is the phone number you need to type in.

Enjoy!

Alright, hate to keep bringing this up, but this is not working for me. It's saying the credit card is declined. Anyone else have this issue and if so, did you resolve it?

Halo 2

Banned
Alright, hate to keep bringing this up, but this is not working for me. It's saying the credit card is declined. Anyone else have this issue and if so, did you resolve it?

Have you tried buying something for 6 or less and just using it by itself instead of adding it to the wallet?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

In the email from M&Ms, you are provided with the billing address.

Use your name, the M&Ms billing address, the M&Ms card number (without spaces), and the M&Ms security code.

Everything should go smoothly.

liezryou

According to my calculations, the chance is exactly 42 percent.
0YImB1P.gif

You should really make your profile not-private to friends. Luckily i saw you here, otherwise i was about to remove you. Being a trader i am quite cautious of totally private profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom