• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
In the email from M&Ms, you are provided with the billing address.

Use your name, the M&Ms billing address, the M&Ms card number (without spaces), and the M&Ms security code.

Everything should go smoothly.

Yea, I tried all that and it's telling me it's being decline.

I'll try one of the other ones I won and see if this one is just borked.

Anteater

you guys saw this? 2 artists who worked on The Last Guardian making a new game

http://www.friendandfoegames.com/vane

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842654

dithertestwgjy6.gif

Lomax

I can definitly see where you're coming from and why you're annoyed at stuff like that. But evne your explaination didn't change my uneasyness. There are a few theories what Valve could've done, if they're done anything, but we will maybe never know.

Either way, was it reddit or valve, he fun was totally sucked out of this game.

I think it was inevitable really. At best you get something like day two where two teams stay neck and neck for the whole day. But people very quickly figure out what is optimal, and most people's real interest is only going to be in the first couple of days anyway.

I think the biggest problem is the ability to change teams. It really eliminates any motivation for people to fight to win, they can just switch. Also, the tokens are just too powerful. It allows a few people to contribute points equal to thousands and thousands of normal badges.

ArynCrinn

Banned
What? I can't see that game! I have only three. Where do I get Dead Island. It doesn't show up on search either.

But Nether looks promising.

Oh, why does a paid game incorporate Pay2Win? That really doesn't make me wanna buy it.

Anyone played Nether? What you think of it?

I played Nether a great deal, it was fun. Cool game.

Real4Life

Neo Member
Started this summer sale with just 1 goal. Getting S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat!

Result until now: Gateways, Urban Trials, Divine Divinity, Metro 2033, DA:O, E.Y.E. and Monaco.

First summer sale and I naively thought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was a possibility. Well, does anyone know if the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games went on sale in the past? I know Clear Sky is now for 4.99, but CoP doesn't seem to move at all. Shouldn't get my hopes up probably, right?

It hasn't been widely advertised, but right now you can get three tables for 1 cent if you check inside the game.

Now I see it; for Ripley's, Black Hole, and Theater of Magic. Good deal for anyone that has never played TPA. Unfortunately I own those on PSN and there may be a good chance I might buy the Season One pack so I'll probably put my penny towards that.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Started this summer sale with just 1 goal. Getting S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat!

Result until now: Gateways, Urban Trials, Divine Divinity, Metro 2033, DA:O, E.Y.E. and Monaco.

First summer sale and I naively thought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was a possibility. Well, does anyone know if the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games went on sale in the past? I know Clear Sky is now for 4.99, but CoP doesn't seem to move at all. Shouldn't get my hopes up probably, right?

Gateways is awesome! Sort of like a wacky 2D Portal, with arguably more complexity.

As for Stalker, I wouldn't get my hopes up for any sort of discount. Same for The Forest/Stomping Land and shamefully Ninja Gaiden Z.

Edit: I'd LOVE to be wrong though!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why, is it better?

Lost Planet vanilla has less content but is potentially less of a hassle to play due to GFWL's storied history misbehaviour, not to mention GFWL itself will be shutting down at some point in the not-too-distant future. Capcom may patch GFWL out of Colonies or it may not, but even assuming the game is to remain a GFWL title, you could play it post-shutdown with the help of a local profile or even just use xliveless/a cracked executable to bypass it entirely.

I'd be surprised if STALKER doesn't get a sale.

Thanks for Terraria, Vuze!

And now somehow I have two coupons for 25% off Pixel Piracy. Not sure if that's related, or a hint in some way...but thanks all the same.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whats extra in Colonies version?
New modes for single-player campaign
Score Attack - Each enemy and destructible object has points assigned to them, with the player being awarded different points depending on how they defeat the enemy.
Trial Battle Mode - Take on each of the game's Bosses, one after another
Off limit Mode - Go wild with over-the-top super-charged weapons with unlimited ammunition and increased speed of movement

New online modes
Akrid Hunter – Get the chance to finally play as an Akrid as your opponents attempt to take you down
VS Annihilator – Each team attempts to destroy its opponent's VS while defending its own
Counter Grab – The team with the longest data posts activation time wins
Point Snatcher – Take down opponents and collect the most thermal energy points
Akrid Egg Battle – Steal Akrid eggs from the opponent’s team and bring them safely back to your own base
Egg Bandit – steal your opponents' Akrid egg, with points awarded for longer capture time

4 new maps for online matches: Crossfire City, Area 921, Lost Arena, Assault Space
5 new playable character models
Multiple new weapons for both snow pirates and the robotic VS suits
Cross-platform Battles – Xbox 360 owners can join forces or play against PC gamers
New perspectives - Switch to first person view or the over-the-shoulder view for even more intense action

Lomax

Now I see it; for Ripley's, Black Hole, and Theater of Magic. Good deal for anyone that has never played TPA. Unfortunately I own those on PSN and there may be a good chance I might buy the Season One pack so I'll probably put my penny towards that.

Yeah, I'm actually not very good at pinball so I prefer Pinball FX2 to the real tables which are just annoyingly hard to me. Plus the single table prices are just too high and the package deals are too large. I might be tempted to bite on one of the TPA seasons at 75% off but the devs have indicated that seems pretty unlikely any time soon. 40-50% off in a flash or daily seems like a possibility though.

derExperte

Lost Planet vanilla has less content but is potentially less of a hassle to play due to GFWL's storied history misbehaviour, not to mention GFWL itself will be shutting down at some point in the not-too-distant future. Capcom may patch GFWL out of Colonies or it may not, but even assuming the game is to remain a GFWL title, you could play it post-shutdown with the help of a local profile or even just use xliveless/a cracked executable to bypass it entirely.

Though according to Wiki....

"Lost Planet: Colonies is a gold edition version of Extreme Condition for Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows. The game includes new multiplayer maps, a Human vs Akrid multiplayer mode, and a selection of new multiplayer characters and weapons.

Colonies also introduces four new single-player modes: Score Attack (points are given for each kill using combos, akin to the co-op mode in Halo 3), Time Trial Battle Mode (similar to the Arcade mode of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare), first person shooter mode, and Unlimited Mode (which must be unlocked)."

So half of the added content will be useless after GFWL is gone. Also is anyone even playing these mode online now? I'd just buy the GFWL-less version now, the other one won't get a discount anyway.

Bought Nether. I like the idea of it and have at least one friend who'll play it with me, so it should scratch the online survival itch until Don't Starve multiplayer hits.

OmegaDL50

Okay, folks. Here's a game up for grabs.

ModBot said:
Instructions for OmegaDL50:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-D300D575B4AF9325 - Taken by Melhisedek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom