• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS2.

Seriously though I've never been able to get into Half-Life 1.

SS2, no contest. I guess if you prefer more of a FPS bias HL1, but really....SS2.

Both.
(SS2 is the better of the two, tho)

Thanks fellas. Although I do think Half-Life 2>>>>Bioshock, but understand both Half-Life and System Shock 2 are pretty different from their successors (spiritual or otherwise).

I'll probably buy SS2, but I might be too tempted to get the Half-Life complete pack so I can have all the half life games on my computer.

Real4Life

Neo Member
Gateways is awesome! Sort of like a wacky 2D Portal, with arguably more complexity.

As for Stalker, I wouldn't get my hopes up for any sort of discount. Same for The Forest/Stomping Land and shamefully Ninja Gaiden Z.

Edit: I'd LOVE to be wrong though!

Haven't tried Gateways yet, but I remember a Giantbomb quicklook that made the game seem very fun. Glad to hear it's actually awesome, can't wait to dig in haha!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP would make this the perfect summer sale! :)

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Is it #BlueMonday, team

Do we finally get to eat today, or are we just gonna continue to sleep in our dumpster

Oreoleo

Started this summer sale with just 1 goal. Getting S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat!

Result until now: Gateways, Urban Trials, Divine Divinity, Metro 2033, DA:O, E.Y.E. and Monaco.

First summer sale and I naively thought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was a possibility. Well, does anyone know if the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games went on sale in the past? I know Clear Sky is now for 4.99, but CoP doesn't seem to move at all. Shouldn't get my hopes up probably, right?

Historically the STALKER games have always been discounted during sales. Pripyat for $7.50 was not uncommon. I think it was the most recent Winter sale, however, they didn't go on sale at all, and then about a week later Steam had a franchise sale for all the STALKER games. The fact Chernobyl and Pripyat aren't even 25% off is telling, but anything is possible. If nothing else, you can probably still buy Clear Sky and you'll get the loyalty promo price for Pripyat, should knock 25 or 33% off the cost.

Santiako

Thanks fellas. Although I do think Half-Life 2>>>>Bioshock, but understand both Half-Life and System Shock 2 are pretty different from their successors (spiritual or otherwise).

I'll probably buy SS2, but I might be too tempted to get the Half-Life complete pack so I can have all the half life games on my computer.

Yeah, both Half Life and SS2 are very different (and much much better) than their sequels.

I <3 Steam Community

eHH26Lu.jpg

Anyone else having trouble with getting prompt to sign in to a Telltale account when trying to play Wolf Among Us? I quit the game when that happens, press play on it again from the library, getting that "preparing to launch" popup in a endless loop. I restart Steam and then the game works fine and I don't need to log into a Telltale account. What's up with that?

Very annoying.

Volimar

I got like $14 left and an hour to decide if I want to spend it on fallout 3 and new vegas, two games I already have for the 360...

How many more days in the sale?

#bluemonday

Tizoc

Tomb Raider is still tempting me. Quick, someone talk me out of it.

If you like Uncharted and want an Uncharted-like game on Steam that can actually at 60 FPS, then grab Tomb Raider 2013. The price is fine for it IMO.

Otherwise get Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Deitus

Tinfoil hat time. What if Valve created this event to get people to craft a lot of badges, and then disabled booster packs, as a way to reduce excess supply of cards in the market (as well as cards being hoarded) in order to drive up card prices?

Hugstable

Banned
Just do it, someone will grab the game.

Alrighty!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hugstable:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nuclear Dawn -- MB-7EA462AD9A8B56F5 - Taken by Purkake4. 8 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Nuclear Dawn was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1403548114z1.png

I <3 Steam Community

eHH26Lu.jpg

If it makes him feel better, even if there wasn't collusion, you should still be bad for wasting money.

Tomb Raider is still tempting me. Quick, someone talk me out of it.

Enjoyed my time with it. 100%'d the Single Player portion. The MP is a complete dumpster fire though.

Only complaints I have are having achievements tied to MP and the fact that the Tombs are actually terrible. Just get the base game, no need for DLC.

LiK

Tinfoil hat time. What if Valve created this event to get people to craft a lot of badges, and then disabled booster packs, as a way to reduce excess supply of cards in the market (as well as cards being hoarded) in order to drive up card prices?

I wouldn't be surprised if they fucked around with anything related to it.

OmegaDL50

I think this was missed because it was at the end of the last page.

Let's try this again.

ModBot said:
Instructions for OmegaDL50:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-D300D575B4AF9325

gorfyako

Banned
If you like Uncharted and want an Uncharted-like game on Steam that can actually at 60 FPS, then grab Tomb Raider 2013. The price is fine for it IMO.

This sounds about right. I found the game to be rather average, but it at least looked pretty purrdy. $5 sounds like a fine price for a game that just came out last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom