• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having trouble with getting prompt to sign in to a Telltale account when trying to play Wolf Among Us? I quit the game when that happens, press play on it again from the library, getting that "preparing to launch" popup in a endless loop. I restart Steam and then the game works fine and I don't need to log into a Telltale account. What's up with that?

Very annoying.
Except this time it didn't work. Just to get it straight, Wolf Among Us shouldn't require a TellTale account, right?

Altazor

Tomb Raider is still tempting me. Quick, someone talk me out of it.

It's really pretty and fun but really shallow. It's pretty much a summer blockbuster in game form.

There is a lack of actual "tomb raiding", and you can even point out the dissonance between Lara in cutscenes and actually playing
shooting at lots and lots of baddies
as Lara.

Sober

I got like $14 left and an hour to decide if I want to spend it on fallout 3 and new vegas, two games I already have for the 360...

How many more days in the sale?

#bluemonday
Trade your 360 games in and buy more Steam wallet money instead!

you know you want to

M.Steiner

System Shock 2 or Half-Life 1? Never played either.
You can't go wrong with either of those choices tbh. Both are fantastic games and offer a different kind of experience.
I'd probably go with SS2 too but I'd grab Half-Life as well if you have the funds (both will probably go cheaper).

Rezae

MGR:R .... choices. Tick tock tick tock. Never played it before, rig is 4 years old but still handles most games on medium settings. Will it get cheaper... Grrr. Choices.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Which two games are missing here?

hOnOf1K.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I've never played the original Fallout, or Fallout Tactics. I should probably get both for $10 right?

Fallout 2 is the high point of those, though I haven't played Tactics. I've never heard anyone gush about it like F1 and F2 though. And I could do some gushing about Fallout 2. If you get any of them, check for community patches. The restored content they add is pretty great, plus the bug fixes.

Nif

The color race was broken anyway unless they randomized teams each day and took out the ability to switch teams. I was worried that the same color would win every day, so I'm not too upset about the rigging.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So...uh....what did I miss?

Tip for you young'uns: Watch out. You can get banned for the first time any time, even if it's after having an account for literally a decade. Even just before a Steam sale starts. Especially if you deserve it.

I spent all day yesterday convincing myself not to buy a Wii U and six games from Target, so now my bank account feels heavy. What's the consensus on Planetary Annihilation and where it's heading?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I got like $14 left and an hour to decide if I want to spend it on fallout 3 and new vegas, two games I already have for the 360...

How many more days in the sale?

#bluemonday

FWIW, I own both on 360 too and have spent a ton of time on the PC versions. Mods make them completely new games (and in the case of one mod, it combines the two)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I prefer it this way. Would you like that the team with trading whales won always? Though I'm sure that would give Valve more money with people buying winning team's token.

It would have been better if you can't switch teams and the teams shuffle every day.

BlackJace

Fallout 2 is the high point of those, though I haven't played Tactics. I've never heard anyone gush about it like F1 and F2 though. And I could do some gushing about Fallout 2. If you get any of them, check for community patches. The restored content they add is pretty great, plus the bug fixes.

Tactics isn't a great game. Skip it for now. The first Fallout is pretty good though if you take your time.

Thank you both, I guess 1 and 2 will do, though it's a bit disappointing about tactics since SRPGs are my favorite lol

Suprised that there's not been more booster packs dropping with all this badge crafting going on.

Booster packs are rare as fuck. Their drop rate is designed to make you spend money on cards if you want to participate in badging. I'm a level 60 user with booster eligibility in 123 games and I get a pack maybe once every 7 - 10 days.

Santiako

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition and Dead Island

MK Komplete Edition and Dead Island...

Edit: Beaten... but Second Place. HIGH FIVE!

Mortal Kombat and Dead Island.

Mortal Kombat Kollection
Dead Island

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition and Dead Island, respectively

Mortal Kombat and Dead Island?

Edit: Oof

mortal kombat komplete edition and dead island

Community - Dead Island
Flash - Mortal Kombat

Edit: woah.

Got it?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Thank you both, I guess 1 and 2 will do, though it's a bit disappointing about tactics since SRPGs are my favorite lol

I have a few friends who absolutely love Fallout Tactics. I only got it recently because I was really, really annoyed at the time that it wasn't an RPG (Fallout 1&2 are among my favorite games ever made and I was stubborn) and then sort of forgot about it. I'll have to install the copy I got from GOG one of these days.

edit:

I almost didn't notice Fallout 3 dropped to $5 because New Vegas is in a flash. Why do they dothat? It's weird.

Most of the flash and community sales have had associated games on a higher discount when part of a series. It's a smart idea to check the publisher page or just look for older games if you're interested in them and see a related game featured. Only so much space on the front page.

Ibuki

Banned
Skipping Nether. I will probably spend the money on Deus Ex 1 or System Shock 2, both are great according to many people. :)

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Wow, I just noticed that the Transformers games have some really shitty deals. And Resident Evil 5 is not even discounted, WTF?

And, do I even want Lost Planet 1?

Booster packs are rare as fuck. Their drop rate is designed to make you spend money on cards if you want to participate in badging. I'm a level 60 user with booster eligibility in 123 games and I get a pack maybe once every 7 - 10 days.

dang....i thought i should be good with my 37 eligible drops and i never get boosters....think ive received 3. now i dont feel bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom