• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

zma1013

One more quick question that i meant to ask. Is the directors cut of human revolution its own different game or does it replace my vanilla version?

Mistah

yLRe8IO.png

Damn just damn... Why you doing this to me Blue Whyyy :(

do I buy stanley or not it's only 60% off :/

The Stanley Parable? That's a no brainer - buy it. Because:

*Just 60% off? It's still a great price for a great game.
*It's a great game.
*Pretty unique.
*Very short, so it's not going to get in the way of other games, or feel like a chore.
*Still much more replayable then most games.
*It's funny!

Lomax

Quoted for new page

You can play the original campaign of Titan Quest using the new stuff that is in the expansion, if that's what you're asking. The expansion isn't standalone, buying the gold pack for $4-$5 is the best thing to do if you have neither.

Aaron D.

Is farming simulator good? For context, I like farming games like harvest moon and I love sim games like Euro Truck.

I wrote a few words about it over at Gamers With Jobs.

Long story short, it's not for everyone but is absolutely golden if you're interested in the premise.

I've got over 130 hours in FS13 and think it's absolute best in class for niche vehicle sims. Yes, even better than Euro Truck Sim 2.

Fotos

Posted this awhile back but people have already bought some so I'll post it again.

I said this in the Buy/sell/trade thread but I think it fits in here. If it doesn't just tell me.

I have over $36 on steam so I'll buy you anything for a discount.

So if you wanna get a set of games that equal around $35 you only have to pay $30

I take PayPal if that's cool

I would really appreciate it. I'm just trying to get my steam money to actual money.

Offer still stands. I started with $190 I'm just trying to finish it off now.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
For those who missed the last weeks deal, Might & Magic X: Legacy is 66% off @ MacGameStore

Deluxe Edition, so it nets you both the DLC and Might & Magic VI: Mandate of Heaven (only way to get the game on Steam).

Two notes for potential buyers:

1. Game was 75% off last week, so if you don't plan on playing right now, you might wait for repeat of that.
2. Game uses Uplay (for activation/DLC unlocking).
Hory shet. No way this will go this low on steam...?

hey guys, someone here who could gift me fallout 3 from the us? germany only has the cutted version and this is balls. just send me a pm and we figure the way of the money out. no paypal im afraid.

Uzzy

How is Planetary Annihilation? I've loved all the Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander games, so it's very tempting, but I don't really want to spend a tenner on it if it's still very unfinished.

Shengar

"Titan Quest™: Immortal Throne™ is the action-packed expansion to the 2006 RPG hit, Titan Quest. "

Titan Quest Gold has the original story.

Last image is on a roof, achievement image is a hand on a rail.

Gee I wonder what he considers doing.

Pretty sure Immortal Throne is stand-alone expansion, so no, it doesn't have the original.

edit: Maybe it isn't stand-alone

You can play the original campaign of Titan Quest using the new stuff that is in the expansion, if that's what you're asking. The expansion isn't standalone, buying the gold pack for $4-$5 is the best thing to do if you have neither.
Thanks for the answer
I bought the Titan Quest Gold from the sale today, but in my library I have both Titan Quest and Immortal Throne. Since I have limited bandwidth, it'll be a waste if I downloaded both of them only to be turned out that I can play the original campaign from Immortal Throne.

AsylumX

Now we need a price error on an expensive game to make this sale more interesting... 95% off on Witcher 3 maybe... who knows...

Yrael

Ok, so I picked up ACTUAL SUNLIGHT on the first day.. and it's amazing.

It's a very heartfelt, realistic take on depression in the style of TO THE MOON. Like other "experience" games like GONE HOME, ALWAYS MONSTERS, etc, there's not a lot of gameplay, but it manages to convey an incredible amount of emotion in a unique way.

In a way, it was also evocative of CART LIFE, in the sense that through forcing the player to engage in repetitive, mundane tasks you become closer to the main character's plight. Being depressed, waking up every day hoping something will change, but ultimately just going through the motions alone with your thoughts as your only company.

That being said, it is short, linear, and more like a visual novel in some respects.

It's really powerful, comes with Steam Cards, and on sale currently for $2.49.

STEAM: http://store.steampowered.com/app/288040/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

RPS REVIEW: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/11/thoughts-on-actual-sunlight/

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into this one, it sounds incredibly interesting and evocative.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I wrote a few words about it over at Gamers With Jobs.

Long story short, it's not for everyone but is absolutely golden if you're interested in the premise.

I've got over 130 hours in FS13 and think it's absolute best in class for niche vehicle sims. Yes, even better than Euro Truck Sim 2.

Hey thanks a lot! Giving it a read now

Lain

Reddit really ruined the whole team race thing. Blah.

I'm of the opinion that reddit did the right thing. This whole meta game was... bad from the start as far as I'm concerned. The whole idea about people competing by spending money to craft badges, instead of by spending money to buy and/or play steam games feels just... wrong to me.

Turfster

And Co-op RPG won, of course. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Fucking "ooh, these are the cheapest games" community voting.

This is the result of a recent impulse purchase:

seriouspayne_mp7qspj.png

This game, man. This game. Why do I rarely hear you people talk about Max Payne 3? It's one of the best TPSs of last generation. Seriously my most favourite TPS now!

The shooting feels just right. Mowing down dozens of enemies during bullet time and watching how the bullets impact on each enemy is so satisfying. Destruction physics and ragdolls are a looker. The mechanics in this game are pretty solid in my opinion. Max' monologs are well done and always interesting to listen to. I loved the settings aswell. Some places show really good attention to detail.
And the soundtrack, it's so good. I can't get this particular one out of my head anymore (Tears by Health). When that kicked in during the last section of the game it gave me goosebumbs. I have nothing but praise for this game.

I immediately started a second playthrough. Something I rarely do and only with games I really love.

It's currently on sale for $5.99/€5.99, but in case anyone wants to wait for a deeper price drop or has no money left whatsoever can try his/her luck in my giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Max Payne 3 -- MB-805930AA9D7ADCCF

t1403551365z1.png

maxpayne3_2013_08_06_13_02_25_504_by_realghostvids-d6gua30.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am from israel and it looks like I won't be able to redeem a key of any of the available versions of the game.

Edit: looks like I might be able to get it via uplay.

You'll be able to redeem it just fine. As I said, the only restricted country is Germany.

Forgive GAF for I have sinned.
I lost faith on this color team thingie, I feel there is not a competition but a preestablished order going on.
I look deep into my heart, but I can no longer believe.

Posting for new page:

This is the result of a recent impulse purchase:

seriouspayne_mp7qspj.png

This game, man. This game. Why do I rarely hear you people talk about Max Payne 3? It's one of the best TPSs of last generation. Seriously my most favourite TPS now!

The shooting feels just right. Mowing down dozens of enemies during bullet time and watching how the bullets impact on each enemy is so satisfying. Destruction physics and ragdolls are a looker. The mechanics in this game are pretty solid in my opinion. Max' monologs are well done and always interesting to listen to. I loved the settings aswell. Some places show really good attention to detail.
And the soundtrack, it's so good. I can't get this particular one out of my head anymore (Tears by Health). When that kicked in during the last section of the game it gave me goosebumps. I have nothing but praise for this game.

I immediately started a second playthrough. Something I rarely do and only with games I really love.

It's currently on sale for $5.99/€5.99, but in case anyone wants to wait for a deeper price drop or has no money left whatsoever can try his/her luck in my giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Max Payne 3 -- MB-805930AA9D7ADCCF - Taken by Athleon. 40 entrants total.

t1403551365z1.png

maxpayne3_2013_08_06_13_02_25_504_by_realghostvids-d6gua30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom