• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

maxpayne3_2013_08_06_13_02_25_504_by_realghostvids-d6gua30.gif
I heard bad and good things about the game. I honestly wouldn't buy the game, so I try to snap it from you :<
Nice giveaway in any case

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is the Castle Crashers community still active? Also is the game worth playing for the single player?

Uzzy

yep. Wasn't expecting that.

but it'll probably be a daily at some point.

i think so. which sucks, the one game i was really hoping to pick up cheap during the sale. hopefully its a daily later

The power of "oh, these games are the cheapest, I'll vote for them."

Only just. 55% voted for Co-op RPG.

Democracy confirmed for being a sham. Damn everything.

To Gaffers that help others get games cheaper, how do you exchange the money?

Paypal. Fellow gaffer liezryou is very trustworthy and fast.
In his own words:

You guys can ask any US GAFfer for assistance to help you get region locked games (And/or get games cheaper vs euro prices). Just add me or a innumerable amount of people, we would be glad to help.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xxgozitaxx/

Bought games from him, very nice guy.

kmg90

And all for a 30/1,000,000+ chance of winning three games.

ikr! I mean it's not like the team that wins even gets anything but recognition.

Odds for winning a game on the winning team are similar to those of lottery.

Congratz Valve you've successfully turned your platform into a gambling meta-game

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Using my first post in the sales thread to say that the subtitle for this thread should be Rainbow Coalition.

Grief.exe

And all for a 30/1,000,000+ chance of winning three games.

It's actually less than that as only people who contributed points have a chance at the prize.

There are multiple way to earn points greater than one and there is no cap on amount of points someone wins in a day.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm of the opinion that reddit did the right thing. This whole meta game was... bad from the start as far as I'm concerned. The whole idea about people competing by spending money to craft badges, instead of by spending money to buy and/or play steam games feels just... wrong to me.

I agree, this is the first time the metagame has just felt dirty and gross. I'm completely disinterested in what's going on around it this time around.

kmg90

I voted for Co-op, didn't think any of the games other than Transistor were worth it even so the "deal" for Transistor was very meh.

Ruruja

The only way this can be done though, is if the main whales (or hundreds of reddit users) are using a 'change team token' every day. That's a ridiculous expense.

xptoxyz

Just to make sure, if your team wins, only way to make points to be in for the "wishlist raffle" is to have crafted a badge right?

I agree, this is the first time the metagame has just felt dirty and gross. I'm completely disinterested in what's going on around it this time around.

I could be wrong, but I feel like previous metagames have had more benefit for playing along with them. Here, it's just "you might get a chance to win a game off your wishlist"

Just to make sure, if your team wins, only way to make points to be in for the "wishlist raffle" is to have crafted a badge right?

I think so. The rules are so convoluted and confusing.

Nif

I've voted in each community choice so far and each one of my picks has lost. I'm going to vote the opposite on the next one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yes.

I must've missed that. Maybe I'll double-dip on the DC sometime then.

The game was patched but I don't know if it moved the game to a newer build of the engine. Said patch was in development for almost a year, though, so you'd presume so.

ArynCrinn

Banned
I had to buy the ME2 DLC from the BioWare website with "BioWare points". This was before Origin, and it's still not on Steam. I had to contact EA support to get my key for ME1's Bring Down the Sky DLC because the codes included with the Steam version don't work anymore.

WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom