• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

OK. I'll admit that the last one was a good choice, with Deus Ex HR and Fallout NV. But it might be the only good one picked so far.
Aww, I don't know, it always had some nice games on every choice.

Btw. I like your avatar. I reminds me of the Artwork on my Serial Experiment Lain DVDs, but I don't think that the girl has to do with Lain. Who might she be and by what artist?

Mono

I love this game!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fez -- MB-5162A9A35EB610E9 - Taken by steadfast. 8 entrants total.

t1403542416z1.png

zma1013

It's actually less than that as only people who contributed points have a chance at the prize.

There are multiple way to earn points greater than one and there is no cap on amount of points someone wins in a day.

Is that just something that's automatically done? How does one contribute points? I just thought everyone had a chance, as it says in the vague rules.

Pachimari

Will the current Dailies still have the same discount when the new Dailies arrive in 15 minutes? Won't they just become "yesterday's dailies" ?

Because I'm still contemplating Wolf Among Us but I want to see if Dishonored is part of the new Dailies.

Benedict

So there is a new indiegala monday bundle that contains steamcodes for two games, 8-bit commando and Kill Fun Yeah, that have been part in their earlier bundles.
Problem is that they still have not sent out keys for these games when they were released on Steam as promised....
This feels a bit fishy to do a stunt like this.

Turfster

Will the current Dailies still have the same discount when the new Dailies arrive in 15 minutes? Won't they just become "yesterday's dailies" ?

Because I'm still contemplating Wolf Among Us but I want to see if Dishonored is part of the new Dailies.

Dailies last 48 hours

So why did I start thinking about buying Mortal Kombat now? I don't play fighting games, and I think the violence in it is a bit too much for me. Damn you Steam sale.

Kiru

Aww, I don't know, it always had some nice games on every choice.

Btw. I like your avatar. I reminds me of the Artwork on my Serial Experiment Lain DVDs, but I don't think that the girl has to do with Lain. Who might she be and by what artist?
I also have those DVDs! The art really looks similar.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is that just something that's automatically done? How does one contribute points? I just thought everyone had a chance, as it says in the vague rules.

Anybody who contributed at least one point throughout the day is eligible to win; to contribute a point you need only craft a badge.

Summer Sale foil badge = 100 points
Summer Sale regular badge = 10 points
Game foil badge = 10 points
Game regular badge = 1 point

Vuze

Thanks for Terraria, Vuze!

And now somehow I have two coupons for 25% off Pixel Piracy. Not sure if that's related, or a hint in some way...but thanks all the same.

Enjoy!

I really hope there are no irresistably good deals coming up for me today. I spent 27€ yesterday :x

Lain

Ok, so I picked up ACTUAL SUNLIGHT on the first day.. and it's amazing.

It's a very heartfelt, realistic take on depression in the style of TO THE MOON. Like other "experience" games like GONE HOME, ALWAYS MONSTERS, etc, there's not a lot of gameplay, but it manages to convey an incredible amount of emotion in a unique way.

In a way, it was also evocative of CART LIFE, in the sense that through forcing the player to engage in repetitive, mundane tasks you become closer to the main character's plight. Being depressed, waking up every day hoping something will change, but ultimately just going through the motions alone with your thoughts as your only company.

That being said, it is short, linear, and more like a visual novel in some respects.

It's really powerful, comes with Steam Cards, and on sale currently for $2.49.

STEAM: http://store.steampowered.com/app/288040/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

RPS REVIEW: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/11/thoughts-on-actual-sunlight/

For a moment I thought you went outside on the first day because of that game's title. I'll wishlist it, seems at least somewhat interesting.

Edit: it was already on my wishlist ><

BruteUA

I had no idea that voting for what I thought to be the better choice would ruin so many people's lives. I hope I'm not an accessory to murder when you all go jumping off bridges.

qazqaNii

Damn, I still haven't bought anything from Steam Summer sale, wonder if it is my increased discipline in money control or boring games on sale.

You craft a badge, summer or game badge, does not matter.

Doing that will contribute points to your team, which if they win, will get you a chance to win your games.

If they don't win, you still get an extra summer card at the end of the day for participating.

They'll still be around with the same discounts for another day.

Tesseract

Banned
Seriously? I can't purchase something with such extreme - and + on it...lol

Do crates really drop and you need to buy keys?

it is a divisive game, but that probably has a lot to do with its perception as a ripoff dayz clone by shady developers, which isn't true.

(read: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652671&page=2)

random supply crates do drop, but most crates in or around towns function as mission tokens or trade currency for goods from npc shop keeps. you can buy costumes, hats, and other superficial things with meat space money dollars. most everything else is earned in game.

So there is a new indiegala monday bundle that contains steamcodes for two games, 8-bit commando and Kill Fun Yeah, that have been part in their earlier bundles.
Problem is that they still have not sent out keys for these games when they were released on Steam as promised....
This feels a bit fishy to do a stunt like this.

You can get you KFY key from the official site if you make an account and you should be able to get the 8bit Commando key through Desura.

Pachimari

So why did I start thinking about buying Mortal Kombat now? I don't play fighting games, and I think the violence in it is a bit too much for me. Damn you Steam sale.
I literally just bought it as well but I'm very interested in the single player and it'll be nostalgia as the last one I played were Mortal Kombat 3 I think, on PSone.

Dambrosi

Banned
Here, have some spares on me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dambrosi:
You're absolutely right, the Steam Summer Sale contest should have had a Power Rangers theme, but Purple would have to be Yellow for that to work. I'll tell Gabe about your idea the next time we get together at the local juice bar

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys and 1 in-game DLC code. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starlite Astronaut Academy: G-Ball -- MB-4616A5B20CDE86D3 - Taken by outunderthestars
Gotham City Impostors Professional Kit DLC -- MB-53BB73218535C5DD
8-Bit Commando #1 -- MB-EA90FE04D667A718 - Taken by Tesseract
8-bit Commando #2 -- MB-C5326DD5BEB1C9C6 - Taken by ArynCrinn
Legend Of Dungeon -- MB-4AC357AAD28B72AF - Taken by alr1ght
Major Mayhem -- MB-BC4CF06ABB7E21AC - Taken by snack
EDGE -- MB-7E4955B3F81B1533 - Taken by Poetic
Men Of War: Assault Squad DLC pack -- MB-B3AC79F48EF7B09B
QuestRun (might be used) -- MB-8094889D92A88629 - Taken by Gunstarheroes
Dead Bits -- MB-F5CA386A3D2E4498 - Taken by Cth
Edit: Eh? It's EDGE, the isometric puzzle game, not Mirror's Edge, the groundbreaking FP parkour platformer. Go home ModBot, you're drunk.

Pachimari

I'm actually thinking if I should keep buying games during this sale or if I should invest in a 1080p 32" tv as a monitor for my computer.

Lomax

Thanks for the answer
I bought the Titan Quest Gold from the sale today, but in my library I have both Titan Quest and Immortal Throne. Since I have limited bandwidth, it'll be a waste if I downloaded both of them only to be turned out that I can play the original campaign from Immortal Throne.

I'm pretty sure you end up having to install both but a large part of the install size listed by steam overlaps, so you don't actually end up doubling your download.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I crafted a badge, now I'm ready to win my 3 games gaben.

jumplist53jf8.png

Finally managed to get this to work.
Steam skins? Who needs them?
Wow, didn't know Steam still worked with Win95!

Joeku

Wait, so what is the discount for Deus ex DC for people that have the base game? Does it show the adjusted in the store automatically if it's in my library?

Basically is this $4.99 for me or everyone?

BruteUA

Apparently I don't have a wide enough attention span to pay attention to bundles while the Steam Sale is on, and didn't realize 8-Bit Commando was on IndieGala today. Thanks to Arthea's raffle I was saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom