• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellite25

Is there a way to upgrade to the GOTY Borderlands 2? I bought the regular edition before I realized the GOTY version was on sale.

Nymphae

Banned
Fucking Steam. Never have plans to buy anything, but this weekend I bought:

The Witcher 2
Ghostbusters
PacMan CEDX
Amnesia: AMFP
Bionic Commando Pack
Tomb Raider

and looking at a bunch of other super cheap indie shit right now. This Kairo game sounds cool, might scratch that Myst itch. Kinda interested in Naissance but it's still too much for me.

Jeremy

I almost bought Nether after watching the gameplay vids, so glad I read the reviews.

Fallout: New Vegas is very tempting but when I owned the game for 360 I always would get to a certain point and lose interest.

I just re-added me CC information that I've been using forever (was already verified) and it let me back into the Market.

If you have that available.

What do you mean by readding the credit card information? I don't understand.

NoRéN;117864020 said:
Whoa, what happened exactly?

I used the M&M credit to add $5 to my Steam wallet. Now I can't buy or sell anything in the market until a week from now.

C4rter

Is the Castle Crashers community still active? Also is the game worth playing for the single player?

Can't speak for the community, but I found it too hard in later stages to be alone. I'm glad I could convince a buddy of mine to play it with me till the end.

Dambrosi

Banned
For the mew page:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dambrosi:
blah blah Power Rangers + Summer sale team colours joke

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys and 1 in-game DLC code. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starlite Astronaut Academy: G-Ball -- MB-4616A5B20CDE86D3
Gotham City Impostors Professional Kit DLC -- MB-53BB73218535C5DD
8-Bit Commando #1 -- MB-EA90FE04D667A718 - Taken by Tesseract
8-bit Commando #2 -- MB-C5326DD5BEB1C9C6 - Taken by ArynCrinn
Legend Of Dungeon -- MB-4AC357AAD28B72AF - Taken by alr1ght
Major Mayhem -- MB-BC4CF06ABB7E21AC
EDGE -- MB-7E4955B3F81B1533
Men Of War: Assault Squad DLC pack -- MB-B3AC79F48EF7B09B
QuestRun (might be used) -- MB-8094889D92A88629
Dead Bits -- MB-F5CA386A3D2E4498 - Taken by Cth

marrec

Banned
What do you mean by readding the credit card information? I don't understand.

If you have a verified Credit Card with Steam already (like me) then I was able to get back into the market by deleting the CC account information and re-adding it.

That's only if you already had CC info previous to getting locked out for adding the M&M money.

Wasn't that the main reason why EA games moved to Origin only? Because they wanted to sell all of the DLC outside of the Steam environment, and Valve changed the Steam TOS to prevent that?

Yeah, something like that. EA not wanting to give Valve a cut of DLC, cause they didn't want to have to put it in the storefront or something. Not entirely sure, but that's the gist of what I remember. BioWare made it as convoluted as possible to buy ME2 DLC.

Fucking Steam. Never have plans to buy anything, but this weekend I bought:

The Witcher 2
Ghostbusters
PacMan CEDX
Amnesia: AMFP
Bionic Commando Pack
Tomb Raider

and looking at a bunch of other super cheap indie shit right now. This Kairo game sounds cool, might scratch that Myst itch. Kinda interested in Naissance but it's still too much for me.

Did that second 2.5d bionic commando never come out on PC? dont see it on the store.

Well Valve just cut me off from using the market for adding my M&M money to my Steam wallet. Goddammit.

Is there any way around this?
Assuming you lack verified payment etc. Nope. To add the salt they introduced this new payment verification on the 18th. I guess it is a good idea from a testing things perspective but bad from a annoying people one.

There are all kinds of bugs like making the pending payments in one currency then demanding a completely different one on the verification page and god forbid if your bank does not show you what pending charges are (*raises hand*). It can also trigger on getting pre-order refunds (and does show there is no card to verify).

If the ban won't be lifted before the sale ends it looks like you will have to give your summer cards away. If you logged into a new device you won't be able to do that. Clever idea expiring cards *sigh*

NoRéN

I used the M&M credit to add $5 to my Steam wallet. Now I can't buy or sell anything in the market until a week from now.
Dang.
Your market participation will be restricted if you add money to your Steam wallet from a new/unverified source

Steam has a ton of protections for "new" traders. It helps prevent fraud, but it's super annoying when you get hit with a false positive.

That does sound annoying. I guess I should be glad I could get the m&ms card to work last night on steam and just bought an amazon gift card instead.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Your market participation will be restricted if you add money to your Steam wallet from a new/unverified source

You can now manually verify credit/debit cards, but obviously this only applies if you can view your balance as you need to report the amount that Steam's verification system deducted.

If you have a verified Credit Card with Steam already (like me) then I was able to get back into the market by deleting the CC account information and re-adding it.

That's only if you already had CC info previous to getting locked out for adding the M&M money.

Oh my god this worked!

You're my new favorite person.

Burt

Yeah, fuck, I bought the regular Borderlands 2 when I should've gotten the GOTY version. Ugh, don't think there's a way to handle this.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So far, just
Skyrim Legendary version (whatever it's called)
Heart of Ice DLC for Arkham Origins
Tomb Raider
Banished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom