• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrs

Guys, I'm looking for a game to help me start getting into the RTS genre. Is there any game or series I should be on the lookout for during the sale?

I can second the Empire Earth recommendation, it's only $3 on gog with the expansion pack.

Oh, nice. Thanks.
More knowledgable gaffer should make a thread with not-easy to find info/deal like these.
Really helping!

The first few reviews link to the original trench warfare style game and what's wrong with the new one.

Marlow Briggs has been a lot of fun so far.

I watched a Let's Play of it (can't remember who it was), and I think they put it very succinctly: The game doesn't stop, and it feels like the developers had a small budget to work with, but had a ton of fun and put a lot of heart into it.

Jeremy

Can anyone do me a huge favor and let me know if both Skyrim Legendary and LA Noire are region locked to our Russian brethren? I'm at work and can't research. Please PM me if you can and I will check GAF again before the sale ends. Thank you!!!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'm tired of 'dumb' being a selling point, so I'll skip that.

yeah, dumb was a sort of silly way to describe. I'm assuming he meant like "dumb guilty pleasure summer movie"

The game is VERY tight. It's just wild over the top action like is typically experienced in summer popcorn movies.

iosefe

Gameplay is legit good, though. You can skip the cut scenes (there's actually an achievement) if it becomes too "dumb" for you.

DtCq1N3.jpg

BEST. CHEEVO. EVER!

You guys think there gonna be bigger discounts on following (with current discounts)?:

GTA Trilogy -65%
Chivalry Complete -66%
Muont & Blade: Warband -66%
Killing Floor -50% <- had a deal already but missed it, so repeat is unlikely I guess

inbefore waitfordailiesidiot.png

I stayed up way too late playing SteamWorld Dig last night. Pretty excellent game--and I got a foil out of it as well.

I also got lucky and got a foil adventure card this morning.

NoWayOut

Is this your first time play RE4?

I'm envious.

Keep at it. The controls have always been a bit awkward but stick with it. It's considered one of the best games ever for a reason.

Also, HD just implies that it's running in high resolutions. In this sense, it's very much HD.

I tried the original PC port few years ago when it came out, but I found it so bad that I gave up within 1 hour. At the time I thought that the awkward controls with M/K were the results of the poor port, but I realized now that they actually are meant to be like that.

With all the good games I have in my backlog I'm not sure I'll be able to force myself to play this. I'm just at the beginning and I find it so frustrating, I can't imagine when the actual gameplay gets more difficult. I don't mind playing a challenging game (like Dark Souls), but these controls are just infuriating for me.

On the subject of Marlow Briggs, it's not dumb in a Goat Simulator, LPer fodder sort of way. It's not that kind of game. it's a solid, very playable game. It's even surprisingly pretty. It's just not trying to be an arty, thought provoking game. It's an action movie you can play.

Ahhh urge to buy the queen rising! D: Also what name do I have to post to get added to the GAF Group? Will my regular community suffice? My Steam profile is private.

liezryou

Can anyone do me a huge favor and let me know if both Skyrim Legendary and LA Noire are region locked to our Russian brethren? I'm at work and can't research. Please PM me if you can and I will check GAF again before the sale ends. Thank you!!!

I don't think so.

You guys think there gonna be bigger discounts on following (with current discounts)?:

GTA Trilogy -65%
Chivalry Complete -66%
Muont & Blade: Warband -66%
Killing Floor -50% <- had a deal already but missed it, so repeat is unlikely I guess

inbefore waitfordailiesidiot.png
Yes, some of those were flash and community votes already. But sense dailies for all of those.

_hekk05

Banned
The protagonist is fourteen, man.

Well, I'm pretty sure 14 was a marriageable age back in medieval europe, especially for the noble class.'Sides, the waifu thing is mostly tongue-in-cheek. Mostly
looking at you chariot

Also why are there always animu game naysayers whenever a animu game goes on sale. Shits getting old man

Divius

Are the events in LLTQ the same every time? edit: obviously I can influence them by decisions, but I mean the 'main' events

Jadax

Are the events in LLTQ the same every time? edit: obviously I can influence them by decisions, but I mean the 'main' events

Main events such as? Depending on your decisions a lot of things will change. Infact, if you want to get all the achievements then you have to make different decisions.

Ibuki

Banned
Ikaruga daily incoming today, believe guys! Either way I am gonna snag it on Sunday. Let is amazing everyone should grab it at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom