• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Chow's God of Cookery - Style Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenguman

I REALLY liked Shaolin Soccer and want to pick up God of Cookery.

I have an odd question (to those who've seen both) about the cooking style in the movie. Is it regular cooking (like Iron Chef) or is it like that scene in Shaolin Soccer where that chick was making bread?

I'll pick it up either way, but I'd love to see a movie where chefs are doing crazy moves making food :p

fart

Savant
it's completely insane. imagine an hour and a half of people putting noodles in their noses and pulling them out their mouths. that's stephen chow's god of cookery

Tenguman

fart said:
it's completely insane. imagine an hour and a half of people putting noodles in their noses and pulling them out their mouths. that's stephen chow's god of cookery

rofl, ok thanks guys

man, can't go wrong with steven chow

karasu

It is easily one of the funniest movies ever made. That scene with the schoolgirl/fan kills me.

Nikashi

Banned
karasu said:
It is easily one of the funniest movies ever made. That scene with the schoolgirl/fan kills me.

Wasn't that the exact same person who gave the girl a makeover in Shaolin Soccer? (And wiped snot on her)

tenchir

If you watch a lot of Stephen Chow's recent movies, you would know that he uses a lot of the same actors/actresses. The lame coach in Shaolin Soccer is in nearly all his movies. The ugly female cook with bad teath in God of Cookery is in like 4-5 of his movies. I could go on and on about them..... I seen nearly all of his movies including a TV serie he starred in(it was a funny tv serie too).

God of Cookery is easily superior to Shaolin Soccer. I love those (I have no idea what the English translation is, but...) Pissing Beef Balls :D

If you're a Stephen Chow fan, you should also check out Flirtong Scholar (also happens to star the woman who played Jade Fox in Crouching Tiger) and Fight Back To School.

FnordChan

ScientificNinja said:
God of Cookery is easily superior to Shaolin Soccer. I love those (I have no idea what the English translation is, but...) Pissing Beef Balls :D

No, no...Exploding Pissing Beef Balls!

God of Cookery rocks completely out right up next to the stage, while Shaolin Soccer sits back in the assigned seating.

FnordChan

Pachinko

His older movies are allright as well. Fight back the school and it's sequel. Pretty tame compared to the newer ones but still enjoyable films.

Grifter

God of Cookery's funnier, but both are a bit overrated. I remember really loving From Beijing With Love though. Anyone know where I can find that cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom