• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stevie Vai on the Halo 2 Intro (Whoa!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarPig

g303SV_detroit_01SML.jpg

STEVE VAI, MOTHERFUCKER!

DFS.

WarPig

Where does this come from, by the way? The official Nile Rodgers website has the "D" in "Rodgers."

And they also spell "Mjolnir" wrong in the filename.

DFS.

WarPig

aku:jiki said:
It's a misspelling of a misspelling. Mjölnir, bitches!

Like I can be bothered to type an umlaut. How the hell do you do that on the PC keyboard anyway? Where's my goddamn option key on this thing?

DFS.

That's awesome. Seriously, I hope that's the menu screen theme. That is fucking awesome.

Where is Steve Vai from again? Reminder please? I know I've heard the name before...

aku:jiki

WarPig said:
How the hell do you do that on the PC keyboard anyway?
It's right there, next to ä, if you have a real viking keyboard!

(I think you just press the ^ button without holding shift. On our keyboards anyway.)

WarPig

Yeah, but Whitesnake's guitar sound was guided more by John Sykes.

He also played on some of David Lee Roth's solo albums.

DFS.

Vashu

Steve Vai rocks! He gave a concert here in The Netherlands last year, he wrote pieces for a collaboration of both him and the Symfony Orchestra here. And daaaamnz, it was hot! I even shook his hand (don't worry, I did wash it :p) at one point.

He's a guitar hero alright, one of the best. I even recognized his play on the song. ^_^

Gorey

I like it, but honestly, it's also giving me some pretty serious Bad Guitar Rock Vibes. I realize he's a guitar god, technical monster, etc, but it still reminds me of sub-grade Dynasty Warriors soundtrack material...

Hournda

No offense to Mr. Vai but it just sounds like some lame fan remix of the Halo 1 theme with guitars they took from the "Rock Anthem to Save the World" track. I hope in Halo 2 they actually use a Halo 2 theme and not this rehash of the Halo 1 theme.

GhaleonEB

I really, really hated this the first time I listened to it (which was last week, I might add). I just love the original, with the orchestra and monks so much that it was practically blasphemy to my ears.

Then I realized that this was a mix of the theme, as implied by the title, and as such could stand on it's own as an alternate version of the original.

Then I decided it rocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom