• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Storks was probably the funniest animated film I saw this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Santa brought the kids Storks on Blu-ray this morning and we watched it tonight for the first time. I must say, I laughed more at that movie than Zootopia, Finding Dory, Secret Life of Pets, the first hour of Sausage Party, Moana, Kubo and the Two Strings, the Angry Birds Movie, and Trolls.

I am not saying it was my favorite of the year, that honor probably goes to Kubo,but definitely check it out if you skipped it due to its thin premise.

Nudull

Banned
Certainly one of the more enjoyable ones in an otherwise half-and-half year. Warner Animation Group has been doing decently so far, and I'm very excited for LEGO Batman.

Ross61

I gotta rewatch this. Because of my screwed up sleep schedule I miss a good portion of it and I was loving it. I was trying to see Little Prince also but I feel asleep on that too. Both deserve a rewatch.

Zetta

I completely agree with you OP. I loved this movie from beginning to end and every scene with the babies in it was just too adorable.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
The little pigeon guy I thought was going to be really annoying, but he had some of the funnier parts with his day dreaming delusions of grandeur.

And all the stuff the Wolves did was hysterical.

DJ_Lae

It had some great dumb humour in there, and some wonderfully ridiculous moments (pretty much anything with the wolves).

Trying to get the baby to sleep was a bit too real, though.

The little pigeon guy I thought was going to be really annoying, but he had some of the funnier parts with his day dreaming delusions of grandeur.

And all the stuff the Wolves did was hysterical.

I was laughing pretty hard at some of these scenes. I really enjoyed this movie when I had seen it with my daughter in the theatre. I should probably purchase the bluray...

Nepenthe

Surprise animated hit of the year for me due to the atrocious trailers underselling it. I only made up my mind to see this because they released the wolf clips online. The Looney Tunes style humor worked in pretty good service of the plot
(Wolf plane heelturn was classic WB shorts-tier)
, the characters are all likable, and the ending is surprisingly emotional. Only real issue is that I wish it had better hashed out Junior's character arc and any subsequent themes to arise from that. Otherwise, solid B material; will eventually get on Blu-Ray.

Toothless

Agreed. It's really funny and the animation is delightful. Really great voice acting too. It's not my favorite of the year, but it's definitely the funniest (although Sausage Party comes close although really different styles of humor)

I fucking died laughing when he suddenly stabs the boat without warning.

I liked that this movie was generally pretty light and cute but also some slightly mean spirited humour at times.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I love that Andy Samberg is in this and about 10 years ago he and the Lonely Island released a song about having sex with a stork.

idwl

I remember chuckling in one scene and I usually just smile or laugh internally , even my mom looked at me surprised . I don't remember what scene it was though :p

I saw Sausage Party and Secret Life of Pets and thought they were both pretty awful and while I liked Zootopia I didn't find it that funny so this isn't too surprising for me.

womfalcs3

Banned
I don't know. Kevin Hart as a little cute bunny seeking the destruction of humans may top everything in terms of comedy.

Mokujin

I can't agree more, in fact I don't remember laughing as much with an animation movie these past years.

Really saddens me the Imdb / Rottentomatoes rating as this was easily an 8.5 - 9 movie for me.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Really? I got it for my mum for christmas and thought she was mad as the trailers looked crap
I'll make her stick it on later

GtwoK

Shoot, I had totally passed on this as I thought it was some generic dreamworks dribble like baby boss or whatever the hell that was. Gave it a roll tonight after seeing this thread and it was quite great!

"Excuse me, Orphan Tulip?"
"Oh, uh, Tulip is just fine, Orphan hurts my heart."

I liked it waaay more than I expected to. It had the right amount of absurdist moments to keep me amused. It won't win any awards, but yeah - I enjoyed it as much as Kubo, and only really behind Zootopia.

goldenpp72

It was definitely a funny and at times sentimental movie, better than I expected for sure, I personally enjoyed it more than Moana but not as much as Zoolander, but all 3 were good.

jadedm17

-Youtube's trailer-

OHHHHH THAT MOVIE

Yea, I'm watching this tomorrow, thanks for the reminder OP.

Loved Zootopia, I hope you're right.

I think the concept of Storks watching young couples who want children fuck and then giving them babies in exchange is a really bold concept for a kids movie.

Dishwalla

Banned
Redboxed it, thought it was a little better than average. Not bad, but not really that great either. The already mentioned penguin fight scene was pretty good.

ChrisD

My sister... Older sister, wanted to see this for some reason lol. I watched it as well, since it was turned on in the living room.

I'm easily entertained, but I cracked up at the "How do you like me now" bit. The subtitles popping up ahead of time was excellent, setting up for the "HAH YA LAH MAH NUH"

It's even better than that, babies are made from fucking letters in this film

Is the fucking for emphasis or do are you talking about something more like this?

tRA0hxs.png

or this?

4GD7eQY.png

stuminus3

I don't know about funniest but it was surprisingly good. The montage at the end with all the different types of families was very sweet.

jadedm17

No.

That ending was incredibly weird.

Thousands of babies people thought would never arrive... Are they still prepared, or in the same place?
Giant floating factory falling would create a lot of damage.

Good, but Zootopia was much better.

She was 18, glad they didnt moved for close to two decades.

My niece's were watching this this afternoon and fucking hell the wolf boat got me good

The wolf bits in Zootopia were funnier to me; Like BoJack Horsemen they were more realistic to how the animals behave than over-the-top ridiculous.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
We get it, you like Zootopia better. Lol, you didn't wake up with Woody or Buzz Lightyear pajamas on today by any chance, did ya?

Xun

I still need to check this out.

Doug Sweetland (the director) directed one of my favourite Pixar shorts, so I can only assume it's somewhat decent at least.

Beefy

Obviously I like Moana better. But I agree OP, Storks is the funniest film I have seen this year (well last year).

Nepenthe

I like Zootopia better (obviously) but there's no way it had the funniest or even the most creative wolves. Extending their natural cooperative tendencies to an absurd conclusion and having them morph into the necessary items they need to progress like a living ACME factory is an amazing idea.

Is the fucking for emphasis or do are you talking about something more like this?

tRA0hxs.png

or this?

That's a penis.gif

Anyway, watched this with my kids yesterday. I had never heard of it until...well yesterday.

It was actually very funny. I think I laughed more at this film than many of the big name offerings this year.

Rayven

aka surume
Saw it in the theater with my little one. Other than a few great looney tunes moments, we thought it was as boring as it was loud. To each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom