• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection Dilemma: PS2 now or XBOX later?

Is any other PS2 and XBOX owner having a problem deciding whether to get the PS2 version of SFAC now or wait for the XBOX version in January? With the PS2 version, I can play it now, which is obviously a plus, and there is a cool looking 6 button Ken controller I would probably get. Of course, the obvious downside is the lack of online play.

With the Xbox version, there is online play, but from what I've heard of Capcom's online record (Capcom vs. SNK2 and Steel Battalion) I am worried about it sucking.

So what do the other XBOX/PS2 owners think?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Unless online play is THAT important to you then just pick it up for the PS2. Hell even if it is that important still pick it up for the PS2 and sell it when you pick up the Xbox version.

Sai

I'll probably end up getting them both... Xbox version will be $30 too, correct?

Also, will the Xbox version have the extras like the censored dubbed movie, and the galleries, etc?

... One more: The strategy guide seems to include a soundtrack. What's it for?

MoxManiac

I'm picking up both. I mean, they are four months apart, and only $30 each. It's not going to break the bank. A game this good is worth buying twice anyways!

Ferrio

Banned
Sai said:
I'll probably end up getting them both... Xbox version will be $30 too, correct?

Also, will the Xbox version have the extras like the censored dubbed movie, and the galleries, etc?

... One more: The strategy guide seems to include a soundtrack. What's it for?

Listening to?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It's the 3rd Strike soundtrack assuming you were asking what the soundtrack was -from-?

I plan to get this tomorrow myself, eventually trade-ing up for the Xbox port down the road. Been itching to play 3S again for ages, and I have refused to bring my DC out of retirment for too long. $30 tag sold me.

Sai

Brandon F said:
It's the 3rd Strike soundtrack assuming you were asking what the soundtrack was -from-?
Yeah. Thanks. :)

Does it have the Arcade and Arranged tracks?

I'm getting the Xbox version because I have a Magic Box adapter. I can't wait to use the Saturn pad for 3rd Strike instead of using the shit ASCII pad while playing the DC version.

impirius

I got the strategy guide for the soundtrack... is it just me, or does the whole thing sound muffled? Also, they cut out the entire first half of the fighter/super art selection song... booooo.

Waiting for XBox version because of LIVE, and my DC version of SF3 has never left the console. I wasn't a huge fan of the Hyper turbo, it's all about SF3...can't wait to get pounced on XBL.....

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Get it on PS2 now and sell it once the Xbox version is released.

Then again, if the rumor about the Japanese SF3 for Xbox is true (universal disc with full live support in the U.S.), import it in October. :)

Takuan

urientimeloss.gif

I've never seen this before! Gruesome.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Might as well get the PS2 version now and enjoy it for 5 months, then trade up to the Xbox version when it comes out.

And EB has some good deals going on right now regarding SFAC:

1. If you buy the game ($29.99) and the BradyGames Strategy Guide (ya know...with the included music soundtrack CD)($19.99) at the same time, EB will knock off 30% off the guide....meaning it'll be $13.99. So, you'll end up getting the game, guide, and CD for about $45 bucks total.

2. If you buy the game and one of the special Nuby controllers (Ken, Ryu, or Chun Li) at the same time, you'll get a $5 dollar Gift Voucher.

3. If you buy the game and any two of the special Nuby controllers at the same time, you'll get a $15 dollar Gift Voucher.

You can also combine the Strategy Guide with any of the Nuby controller offers and still knock off 30% off the guide.

MoxManiac

I got the strategy guide for the soundtrack... is it just me, or does the whole thing sound muffled? Also, they cut out the entire first half of the fighter/super art selection song... booooo.

It's because the OST is based off the Arcade version. The first part of the song was added in the DC version (also usable on PS2 by changing soundtrack to arrange.)

Top Bottom