• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - Gamespot review

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Why does every reviewer have to understate one of the games? They are both fantastic and you should be buying it for both.

Shoryuken

Dice said:
Why does every reviewer have to understate one of the games? They are both fantastic and you should be buying it for both.

I agree. I also think the 8.1 score is way too low. For 29.99 this collection gives you both Third strike and Hyper Street Fighter 2. Third Strike is easily one of the best, if not the best fighting game ever created (VF4, SC and some SNK fighters are arguable). And SF2 to this day is still better than most fighters.

MoxManiac

The review itself is pretty good though, aside from the slight downplay on HSF2; it is infinitely better than the IGN one - this guy sounds like he actually knows what he's talking about, for the most part.

Dave Long

Banned
Kasavin's pretty hardcore when it comes to fighters, at least from the discussions I've seen him involved in on another board. He knows his stuff.

Soul4ger

Shoryuken said:
I agree. I also think the 8.1 score is way too low. For 29.99 this collection gives you both Third strike and Hyper Street Fighter 2. Third Strike is easily one of the best, if not the best fighting game ever created (VF4, SC and some SNK fighters are arguable). And SF2 to this day is still better than most fighters.

Reviewers did the same thing with the Mega Man Compilation, except in that case they underscored the fact that a couple of the games weren't the best action/platformers of all time. They don't have to make sense. They're only getting paid to make sure the advertising revenue continues to flow in.

Soul4ger said:
Reviewers did the same thing with the Mega Man Compilation, except in that case they underscored the fact that a couple of the games weren't the best action/platformers of all time. They don't have to make sense. They're only getting paid to make sure the advertising revenue continues to flow in.

IAWTP

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Dice said:

Because $30 bucks for one great game is still a great deal?

Top Bottom