• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

Speaking of video, why Capcom doesn't provide in game portals to watch either matchup specific or even their own character overview vids is beyond mystifying. They sponsor the Pro Tour. Use the footage. If I'm a dedicated Fang player and I want to learn what to do against Ryu, show some footage where good Fang players beat Ryu (granted, the sample size is currently miniscule, but you obviously keep updating it). I don't like to badmouth people, but Ono or whoever is running this show is asleep at the wheel.

In other news, I've had a battle lounge open for 20 minutes (!) without a single entrant. No private slots. What gives?

Mediking

how does anyone that works for Capcom's Marketing/PR have a job right now?

19_protalk.jpg

1ob4wO0.png

Duress

I got my first hate mail.

Apparently, I'm not supposed to stay on the other side of the screen, when playing as Dhalsim, and then he went on to say I should stop playing Dhalsim. Keep in mid this is a guy with 500 or so points.

qcf x2

This debacle is seriously what I imagine would happen if Ono handed the reigns to Mike and Combofiend while he took a year or 5 off. Does Ono even discuss the game anymore, besides the standard "deeply sorry about this product being half-assed" tweets? Haven't seen him at any events or give any post launch interviews. As THE public figure for Street Fighter, it's interesting.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You should be able to join if they invite you, did you add their CFN ? or maybe the lobbies are still giving issues
Or if you mean by searching.. then idk

I meant they should allow us to have easy access to our friends' rooms via friend list (either PSN or SFV) to join in if the room isn't private.

I got my first hate mail.

Apparently, I'm not supposed to stay on the other side of the screen, when playing as Dhalsim, and then he went on to say I should stop playing Dhalsim. Keep in mid this is a guy with 500 or so points.
You should ask him for tips on how to effectively play Dhalsim so that you can improve your game.

Alucrid

Banned
so for ryu's last challenge, if the first hit of the axe kick isn't connecting am i canceling into v trigger or the axe kick too late? or do i need to walk forward a bit?

LakeEarth

I am actually shocked I haven't gotten any hatemail yet

I keep waiting for one because I want to add stuff to ScrubQuotes ;_;

Well sending hate mail is much more involved then it was in SF4. Since it doesn't update the "players met" section on the PS4, you have to check the person's CFN profile, confirm they're playing on PS4, write down his "online ID", go to messages and type it in the "search players" section, and THEN you can start writing the message.

And that's if they don't drop. If they drop, you have to start off by clicking the share button, watch the replay to write down their CFN, then search for their CFN to get their profile. If you get hate mail, you must've REALLY pissed them off.

Vex_

Banned
Well sending hate mail is much more involved then it was in SF4. Since it doesn't update the "players met" section on the PS4, you have to check the person's CFN profile, confirm they're playing on PS4, write down his "online ID", go to messages and type it in the "search players" section, and THEN you can start writing the message.

And that's if they don't drop. If they drop, you have to start off by clicking the share button, watch the replay to write down their CFN, then search for their CFN to get their profile. If you get hate mail, you must've REALLY pissed them off.

This made me bust out laughing! Like, all of those steps just to rage in a psn message lmfao!!!!!!!! Hahaha

Mediking

This debacle is seriously what I imagine would happen if Ono handed the reigns to Mike and Combofiend while he took a year or 5 off. Does Ono even discuss the game anymore, besides the standard "deeply sorry about this product being half-assed" tweets? Haven't seen him at any events or give any post launch interviews. As THE public figure for Street Fighter, it's interesting.

Ono and his freaking Blanka figure is in hiding.

ElFly

I am actually shocked I haven't gotten any hatemail yet

I keep waiting for one because I want to add stuff to ScrubQuotes ;_;

I just send mail that says "Buy an ethernet cable, our fights are just teleports".

One guy replied that he has an ethernet cable. IIRC we fought before and the fight wasn't bad so I don't know what the fuck.

We will refight today, if we can get a good connection going.

Skilletor

Trials are super easy fight money.

They're much easier than SF4, but SF4 had some convoluted shit in their trials. Most of these are feasible in game. And the game is easier overall than SF4.

Steroyd

Yeah... Oh well :p

In the trailer who makes the most sense for Alex to fight?

It's got to be a grappler, doesn't matter which one.

Not really, You can combo into the CA after Spiral Arrows ends instead of canceling it.

I found Dhalsim's Drill Kick into EX Yoga Flame much harder.

That was bullshit, who goes from a light into a special without confirming!? And you have to be precise and hit their toes to boot.

BiggNife

Done everyones trials....meh. Those demonstrations are pretty bad too. Barely go over anything useful.

I think they go over useful things for novices but the problem is that this shit should have been in at launch and everyone who is still playing this game knows all of this stuff already.

Like if I went through Vega's tutorial on February 16 and saw "hey Vega's V-Trigger can combo into his super" that would've been good but I've known that for six weeks now

Mumford

Is the store accessible yet? It's telling me that "your selection is current unavailable" whenever I click it. I just want some alt costumes!

VariantX

I find it really weird that im struggling just to stay above 1000LP yet on occasion, I run into a person who has 1900-2000LP just doing dumb shit like random DP's/Cannon spikes. How these people getting beyond rookie tier with this stuff I just don't know.

I would say there are only about 2 per character on average that are unpractical for normal play of the ones I have done. They don't have every BnB in there, but they do have a few. I think they will probably add more onto that mode as time goes on.

For Rashid they don't touch upon a single BNB. It's full of max punish combos and other nonsense. There are perhaps two or three combos in there that you might use, but none of them are the cornerstones of his gameplan.

They really should teach some practical confirms, and counterhit combos, for every character.

I find it really weird that im struggling just to stay above 1000LP yet on occasion, I run into a person who has 1900-2000LP just doing dumb shit like random DP's/Cannon spikes. How these people getting beyond rookie tier with this stuff I just don't know.

You can spam Vega's slide all the way up to 2000-3000 LP.

Sometimes people pressing random buttons do better than people who are trying, the unpredictability does catch people off guard, and it's more effective than playing passively and getting wrecked. Those are the people who get perfected. With that said, while doing random shit works to a degree, it's a bad habbit and only gets you so far (usually 1500-2500 LP it seems).

I think they go over useful things for novices but the problem is that this shit should have been in at launch and everyone who is still playing this game knows all of this stuff already.

Like if I went through Vega's tutorial on February 16 and saw "hey Vega's V-Trigger can combo into his super" that would've been good but I've known that for six weeks now

I get the feeling Capcom saw the combos on YouTube and just put those in. Trials are easy as hell but then again, this game barely has a fun and and crazy combo system like SFIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom