• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Alex is going to be my second main after Mika tbh. I tried Chun and Laura and I preferred Chun but I really like what's going on with Alex :)

He's a grappler, which means I'll be spending some time maining him while Birdie sits on the bench.

I think I'll spend some time playing everyone that comes out for at least a week. (Except Ibuki.)

He's a grappler, which means I'll be spending some time maining him while Birdie sits on the bench.

I think I'll spend some time playing everyone that comes out for at least a week. (Except Ibuki.)
what did Ibuki ever do to you?

jk but yeah he feels really... fluid, which is funny considering his size!

VariantX

Welp, I finished all trials, all story modes are done as if that were a thing to do, looked at the demonstration videos minus the charcter videos. Did ryu, ken, chunli and nash easy survivals and did normal with ryu. Did around 50 matches online winning about 2/3rds of them. Including a few character level ups associated with the previous content, I've got over 309k fight monies ready for the next 3 characters. I got a feeling its not going to be all that difficult at all to grind out just for characters, its the extras like stages and costumes that will come bite you in the butt until the daily and character challenges come in which will hopefully be next month.

Tirael

Welp, I finished all trials, all story modes are done as if that were a thing to do, looked at the demonstration videos minus the charcter videos. Did ryu, ken, chunli and nash easy survivals and did normal with ryu. Did around 50 matches online winning about 2/3rds of them. Including a few character level ups associated with the previous content, I've got over 309k fight monies ready for the next 3 characters. I got a feeling its not going to be all that difficult at all to grind out just for characters, its the extras like stages and costumes that will come bite you in the butt until the daily and character challenges come in which will hopefully be next month.

Also the Premium costumes are real money only.

what did Ibuki ever do to you?

jk but yeah he feels really... fluid, which is funny considering his size!

Unless she plays totally different from her previous iterations, I'm not interested. I don't like her moves.

Balrog is actually who I really want to see. I'm curious of what SFV will do with him.

comments off to a good start

OWpHSt8.png

"voat" AS WELL lmao. when even reddit is "too PC" for you.

joe2187

Banned
Unless she plays totally different from her previous iterations, I'm not interested. I don't like her moves.

Balrog is actually who I really want to see. I'm curious of what SFV will do with him.

She wont have a vortex so she's probably just going to resemble her third strike moveset.

Pompadour

God, Alex has some of the best animations in V. I love that his fully charged clothesline flips your opponent yet they land back on their feet.

VariantX

I'm really struggling with Karins trial 6. The Orochi either crosses under or just plain misses.

Its probably the most difficult one in the game for me. I think I attempted it a minimum of 50-60 times. And I still don't have any Idea how I succeeded that one time as I felt like I didn't do anything different.

Messiah

I'm really struggling with Karins trial 6. The Orochi either crosses under or just plain misses.

Edit. Just got it. Seems I can't hit that link going left lol.

Yup. Just seems my timing was either to early or to late.
Its probably the most difficult one in the game for me. I think I attempted it a minimum of 50-60 times. And I still don't have any Idea how I succeeded that one time as I felt like I didn't do anything different.

You have to get the just frame Tenko in order for the Orochi to hit.

I don't think they're easy. I think they're A HELLUVA lot easier than SF4's Calculus Combo Trials of Insanity. At least the combos here are manageable in actual gameplay.

They also tell me that I have no fucking clue how R. Mika works as a character, cuz I don't get her 'throw into the wall' move at all.

Yeah it's as if right now there is no avoiding any kind of negativity . When they add normal to difficult trials , people complain and make the valid points that most of those are useless in a fight ..

And when they make it accessible and something to actually learn the basics of a character , which should be the function of those modes (not giftwrapping you every combo that people should find on their own or within the communities) , some still complain that it's too easy

Drahcir

Edit. Just got it. Seems I can't hit that link going left lol.

Yup. Just seems my timing was either to early or to late.

I main Karin and it's the only two moves I have a hard time connecting with her. It's so much easier doing the EX versions too. I don't know how Mago manages to do it so well in competition.

Smo21

I main Karin and it's the only two moves I have a hard time connecting with her. It's so much easier doing the EX versions too. I don't know how Mago manages to do it so well in competition.

Yeah I main her too and the link it to much for me to ever even try in a match. With that said I am not done her trials lol.

VariantX

You have to get the just frame Tenko in order for the Orochi to hit.

That wasn't the problem at least I don't think so. There's the slow one where she yells "Right There!" and the fast one that just comes out instantly with no travel distance. It knocks up higher and flips the target, but I kept missing the Orochi follow up by like a pixel it seems.

That wasn't the problem at least I don't think so. There's the slow one where she yells "Right There!" and the fast one that just comes out instantly with no travel distance. It knocks up higher and flips the target, but I kept missing the Orochi follow up by like a pixel it seems.

It's almost like you have to "Just Orochi", if such a thing existed.

Replay search filter when searching matches from someone's CFN ID is busted. One day everything will work properly.

SFV 0.9.9

Seiniyta

I'm struggling so hard with Rashid's trial 5. I can make the double slap cancel into V-trigger just fine. But in a H. Eagle kick it just doesn't seem to work. Grr.

LakeEarth

Huh. Looks like Alex's s.hp isn't an overhead anymore. That's a disappointing nerf.

EDIT: And his f.mp looks slower. Maybe that's his overhead now?

I noticed this too. I guess it makes sense that s.hp wouldn't be an overhead since it'll probably also crush counter (only Necalli gets that honor), but hopefully he'll have some sort of overhead.

Sheroking

I was hitting the just gram every time. It was the Orochi I was missing. If you do it to fast it will cross under and to slow it just wifs

The fastest possible Orochi is what juggles. There's no delay. So you probably aren't actually getting it.

Took me like 10 tries to get it again:

giphy.gif

Messiah

I was hitting the just gram every time. It was the Orochi I was missing. If you do it to fast it will cross under and to slow it just wifs

Yeah that combo is a bit tricky.

The game likes to disconnect the players at the beginning of a rematch. Will Capcom ever implement one feature without issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom