• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling so hard with Rashid's trial 5. I can make the double slap cancel into V-trigger just fine. But in a H. Eagle kick it just doesn't seem to work. Grr.

Is that the crush counter combo? Just hold f + mp, then roll it qcb + k to get the eagle kick out. Remember, you need to cancel the first hit of the slap.

I'd be surprised if he has a natural overhead seeing how he has stampede.
Yeah, it looks like he has everything except Spiral DDT. Do we know if Stampede and Slash Elbow are still charge moves?

How do you combo birdies Bull horn from anything!? I don't get the charging to register at the end of trial 2.
You have to let go of the button at a specific time. Anything outside that window, and you'll lose your charge. It's stupid. Thankfully the other trials that feature Bull Horn mainly use it for juggles, so the timing is looser.

Durden77

Work....is so....slow today...

And it's only going to be worse tomorrow... Why can't they have a heart and release him at midnight. He's right there...

I would call out sick, but I'm saving that for Guile.

Nooooo!

Alright, it's all on your time. I'll be waiting for the day, haha. I wonder what you have planned up? :V
Quite a few things! :) I'll probably not be putting out very much in April though as that's coursework central but we'll see. I don't think the Alex mod you wanted should be too hard though, based on his other costumes - a few of them are already in shorts and crop tops (or I could just steal his upper body from his original model) :p
Ucchedavāda;199551148 said:
That's fantastic!

I'm also happy to see that they actually added a different KO pose just for his CA. Looks great.
Yeah, it's a great little detail :)

Tik-Tok

I wonder when the digital guide will update with Alex's info.

I've checked several times a day over the past few days in hopes that someone at Prima would fuck up and update it early.

Now I'm starting to wonder whether they're actually going to add Alex's info. I know they said updates for a year, but I'm wondering if that was a misleading way of saying they'd correct any misinformation.

What's a good not to give a rematch?

(1) You just wanna take the points and run

(2) Technical issues that you don't want to repeat

(3) The other person was an ass

(4) You're an ass

(5) You just don't feel like it

(6) You're done for the day

(7) Real life issues beckon

There are a lot of reasons.

Just took the time out to do the trials for Vega, Necalli and Mika...
WHY HAVE I WORKED UP A SWEAT HERE?!

Mika was like an elaborate troll as I breezed through 1-9 only for the critical art timing at the end of 10 to trap me for like 30 minutes of pure execution anguish.
Now have I retained any of these little tricks?...nope, shit.

I wish his headbutt would do 3 more when the EX version is out, or V-Trigger.

Quite a few things! :) I'll probably not be putting out very much in April though as that's coursework central but we'll see. I don't think the Alex mod you wanted should be too hard though, based on his other costumes - a few of them are already in shorts and crop tops (or I could just steal his upper body from his original model) :p

Well, I look forward to seeing your future mods! :) And yeah, I figured things would be a lot more easier because of his alts. One even has longer hair. xP

Plus one with his bare feet. Kinda set you up for it, haha.

Just took the time out to do the trials for Vega, Necalli and Mika...
WHY HAVE I WORKED UP A SWEAT HERE?!

Mika was like an elaborate troll as I breezed through 1-9 only for the critical art timing at the end of 10 to trap me for like 30 minutes of pure execution anguish.
Now have I retained any of these little tricks?...nope, shit.

Are you serious?

I wish his headbutt would do 3 more when the EX version is out, or V-Trigger.

Well, I look forward to seeing your future mods! :) And yeah, I figured things would be a lot more easier because of his alts. One even has longer hair. xP

Plus one with his bare feet. Kinda set you up for it, haha.

He should make a mod so Alex's forward hand doesn't look twisted into an unnatural position. I think his idle stance looks weird in 3D compared to his 2D sprite.

Hex

Banned

(4) You're an ass

Not going to lie, sounds like he took the points and ran

(4) You're an ass

Had a match last night with bad lag, I lost and didn't rematch it, but the opponent readied up. We got matched up again later and the game ran fine, I won and we played again, and I won again. Yaaaaaay

Actually all the people I played and lost to rematched, honorable people on the internet!!!

Alchemist

These Ken memes going around on social media really makes you think what the hell happened during his development. His redesign is cool, but his face compared to previous games is a mess.

mbpm1

I rematched a guy after losing and won.

I would have rematched again for full 2-3 but he didn't ready up so I didn't want to seem pushy and left.

TacosNSalsa

Holy shit ..watching Juicebox and apparently you don't even have to watch the midnumbing full character guides to get the fight money you can just quit back to the demo screen as soon as it starts .. I sat and watched so much of this crap

Holy shit ..watching Juicebox and apparently you don't even have to watch the midnumbing full character guides to get the fight money you can just quit back to the demo screen as soon as it starts .. I sat and watched so much of this crap
I just had my phone in one hand and mashed X on my controller with the other. It was fairly painless.

These Ken memes going around on social media really makes you think what the hell happened during his development. His redesign is cool, but his face compared to previous games is a mess.

I wouldn't agree with that. The new Ken alt is probably the worst alt (for me) out of all of the alts he's ever had. I would use any of the ones I disliked from SF4 before I used this one...

And that's not even touching on the fact that it's a "premium" alt -- so we're still not sure what it will "cost". At one point, it was said that premium costumes would only be purchasable with real money... if that's the case, there's no way I would pay real money for that version of Ken. :lol

mollipen

Apparently these are all the things we can buy in the shop tomorrow:

http://youtu.be/35Lq4ztbicA

I guess this means that we might be able to get these new costumes straight away.

A white-jacket option for Karin. That's all I wanted out of the color options, and I was sad to see it wasn't part of the first batch. THANK GOD I can just buy it instead of having to play stupid Survival to get it!

BiggNife

If I just got completely steamrolled by someone way higher rank than me I probably wouldn't rematch. In any other situation (barring network issues) I would say yes.

Just to check, can we buy stuff with our own money even though Zenny isn't ready yet?

I don't think so. You have to buy zenny then buy things from the shop with zenny or FM as I understand it. This is why Alex and any other character are "free" until the zenny thing is worked out.

If I just got completely steamrolled by someone way higher rank than me I probably wouldn't rematch. In any other situation (barring network issues) I would say yes.

I say no if I'm beating my head into the wall known as hard survival and the match I played was merely something to save me from losing.

Scotia

Banned
That's fucking stupid. I only want Ken and Nash's costumes and I have to wait for Capcom to get their shit together?

Jesus.

Assuming they're premium costumes and hence Zenny only, no we can't. Only when the Zenny store is implemented.

Which makes about as much sense as the story alts being in game already but giving us no way to unlock them because we've been waiting for the store.

In other words, Capcpom gonna Capcpom.

That's fucking stupid. I only want Ken and Nash's costumes and I have to wait for Capcom to get their shit together?

Jesus.

They're doing you a favor by not allowing you to be "boy band ken" or whatever he is. Friends don't let friends use that alt. :)

Which makes about as much sense as the story alts being in game already but giving us no way to unlock them because we've been waiting for the store.

In other words, Capcpom gonna Capcpom.
The story mode stuff was just good ol' Capcpom but I can understand that they want to get all their ducks in a row before they start putting real money in the mix. Well, more real money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom