• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

There was a guy in Garret's fan trailer thread who had a go at people because we didn't 'respect Capcom, the makers of all the content' lmfao.

I'm gonna be honest, I haven't cared for a trailer since that poor taste FinalRound trolling, but I would tip my hat to Capcom if they release an Alex trailer on 4/1.

Scotia

Banned
I'm gonna be honest, I haven't cared for a trailer since that poor taste FinalRound trolling, but I would tip my hat to Capcom if they release an Alex trailer on 4/1.

Yeah that was a low blow. I've defended Capcom in the past but ever since then I just find myself having less and less faith in them to treat their fans with respect. The guy in the other thread was actually trying to defend the trolling as well. Like, how delusional do you have to be?

Sheroking

So there's dude named Slaynman. Beat me once, ran away from the rematch as fast as he could. Got matched up again right away - I beat on him. Now I've been matched with him like 3 times and he's ragequit at the match-up screen every time.

Connection was perfectly fine on my end. That's probably not it. Gotta preemptively protect those points.

AlexIIDX

I never knew that a qcf special into a double qcf super could be done with just the double.....ive been mashing out 3 qcf forever. This changes everything!

Just had an amazing best of three ranked Chun mirror match, went right down to the wire.

So frustrating when you can smell a rage quit coming, when you're playing a gold player with a win streak who's using basic bronze tactics, and there's very little you can do about it.

Messiah

It's more like a focus attack just with a parry animation as a 3s throwback, no?

I think you can only parry 2 moves or so before you run out of meter.

KingBroly

Banned
9/16 Hard Survival done now. Maybe 10, I've lost count. Vega is the newest one I've done.

crHK on Cammy, Necalli and Laura is their demise. Perfected them every time with this cheap tech. Backup and use it when they walk towards you. Also works on Rashid and Chun sparingly.

qcbMP (with EX uses) on Ryu and Ken. Gotta get somewhat close though.

qcfHK on the rest since it provides a hard knock down. If you do it while they're moving, it hits like 85% of the time.

Moaradin

Those parry videos shouldn't work, right? The V Gauge keeps filling up. Seems like it's a training mode only thing unless parries refill it?

qcf x2

So there's dude named Slaynman. Beat me once, ran away from the rematch as fast as he could. Got matched up again right away - I beat on him. Now I've been matched with him like 3 times and he's ragequit at the match-up screen every time.

Connection was perfectly fine on my end. That's probably not it. Gotta preemptively protect those points.

I don't see the incentive to runback if it's not mandatory. If people play ranked for points, why would they risk losing the points they just won if they aren't confident they can steamroll the opponent?

That looks sick! Alex looks bad in a "so bad it's almost good" way, really they should just adjust his weird hunched back and make his face look younger. Gameplay wise I am eager to test him out, he looks like he may be a jack of all trades again.

Another character with a free parry, while Zangief gets gray life, really Capcom??

Why would Gief ever have a parry? And would you trade a parry for a huge SPD damage nerf? Probably not.

Messiah

Those parry videos shouldn't work, right? The V Gauge keeps filling up. Seems like it's a training mode only thing unless parries refill it?

Yeah, I think yesterday on stream it was 2 or 3 activations and the Trigger gauge was empty.

Edit: I was wrong, parry refills it.

FluxWaveZ

This 2/3 system is lame, the 3rd match should be FORCED if it's tied.

How do you fuck that up capcom?

Think of it more like a runback agreement and not an actual set. Seems like people would have wanted actual sets, but then there are those who would want the 2/3 to be forced and I'm not too into that. Ending things tied would suck, though.

convo

the V-trigger does deplete in the video, but he does regain some whenever he succesfully parries if you look closely.

Sheroking

The better way would be to have ALL ranked as forced 2 out of 3, and then have a mutual quit system for bad connections.

I don't see the incentive to runback if it's not mandatory. If people play ranked for points, why would they risk losing the points they just won if they aren't confident they can steamroll the opponent?

"Why play if you don't know you'll win?".

That's dumb. Another way for scrubs to keep on scrubbin' it.

Csr

That was interesting.
It seems very hard to make good single player content for a fighting game.
Since they design and balance every aspect of these games so that they are fun against other people it becomes hard to make compelling single player content. I assume it is also a budget and sales expectation issue given how expensive it is to create the characters and balance them in these games.

A small typo
"fighting games want to be teaching tools and have be single-player games"

qcf x2

The better way would be to have ALL ranked as forced 2 out of 3, and then have a mutual quit system for bad connections.

"Why play if you don't know you'll win?".

That's dumb. Another way for scrubs to keep on scrubbin' it.

Indeed it is dumb. But with the rage quit issue and everything else, in no way should it be surprising. You playing ranked thinking that everybody there just wants to have some honest competition and better themselves in the process is naive. The place to be for forced sets w/ the idea of improving is Battle Lounge.

Xeteh

Ryu's 10th trial is the worst. I know I gotta move forward a tad before the axe kick but it just gets blocked every single time.

Just played 3 matches with a Bison. They took first game, I took second, was about to take third and they disconnected....why?

That's not even a scrub getting rekt
by another scrub
, you've already beaten me lol

Laws00

CevPrzbWAAAc3YF.jpg

ElFly

I feel that matchmaking is faster now, although from time to time there's a loooong load between "Another fight is coming your way" and the character portrait screen.

Hex

Banned
I feel that matchmaking is faster now, although from time to time there's a loooong load between "Another fight is coming your way" and the character portrait screen.

Well god damn, the way some mother fuckers talk in here Capcom is burying copies out by ET and nobody plays this game.
That is great to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom