• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotia

Banned
CevPrzbWAAAc3YF.jpg

That's like the 15th time I've seen this image today lmao

Well god damn, the way some mother fuckers talk in here Capcom is burying copies out by ET and nobody plays this game.
That is great to hear.

LOL some people love to spread hyperbole about this game. Had no issue playing some first to 3 sets in battle lounge for about an hour.

I feel like an hour a day is about all I can do with this game. I get mentally exhausted and/or frustrated past that point and play even worse. And stop learning much.

For doing the just frame Tenko: listen to the sound she makes and how your opponent flips, that's the correct one. You pretty much have to plink kick and punch. But you have to cancel the cr.mk a little later than you might expect.

For hitting the Orochi afterwards: try to do qcf -> down and then the kick -> punch very quickly, again like a plink. That's the only reliable way to get it, I think.

I have problems with it, too. The Orochi (shoulder) just whiffs sometimes when it looks like it shouldn't. If someone has any more tips for it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks. I just completed that trial, it's hard. I got lucky. I need to practice that combo to get used to it. If anyone has any tips that they can share on the 6th trial for Karin, please share. I also finished the trials for every characters.

That's like the 15th time I've seen this image today lmao

Makes me laugh every time.

--

Got all my FM from the demonstrations as well as managed to do a good chunk of Chun's trials and completed Mika's.
Might bang my head against survival hard mode for ken for the 128th time later. :\

Not trying to throw shade at KI3 or anything, but while playing it, all I could think about is SFV. To be fair, it's like that with pretty much every fighter these days.

jett

D-Member
Is this what awaits us in the future of this game? Capcom not even bothering to cut videos to promote new characters? I'm starting to believe they're close to cutting their losses with this project.

Is this what awaits us in the future of this game? Capcom not even bothering to cut videos to promote new characters? I'm starting to believe they're close to cutting their losses with this project.
It is kind of odd, hell Capcom could have made a trailer and shown it at both the CPT events these past weekends... Capcom pls...

Zackat

Not trying to throw shade at KI3 or anything, but while playing it, all I could think about is SFV. To be fair, it's like that with pretty much every fighter these days.

I keep hopping between the two today. It plays very differently with that combo system and guard breaking is pretty weird concept after I have played so much sfv. Is that in a lot of fighting games with how it is implemented in KI? Haven't played many different ones.

I really like all the different kind of characters in it. Still messing around with all of them in training mode and stuff deciding which one I want to actually learn. There are also some weird kinks in the PC version.

All that being said, the first thing I noticed while playing it was how much I missed crush counters when someone whiffs/I block their dp lol.

Steroyd

Finally did Birdies Trial 2,I'm not touching FANG's or Bisons trials with a barge pole if I'm having that much trouble with just one charge move... And it's just holding a button not of that hold down then up nonsense.

Also what is up with Mika's trials, that shit would only confuse noobs more, not help them!!

The sales aren't great, i wouldn't be shocked if season 1 was all the support this game was getting..

Trickster

Anyone that have a good understanding of the mods for this game? Before the patch I had this mod - Glitz n Glam for Mika installed and it worked fine. Then the patch hit and all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore, even tried unistalling and reinstalling ( also deleted the files the steam unistall didn't take ), but that still doesn't fix it. Really annoying since I really liked the more shiny outfit <_<

Not releasing a trailer for a character on time isn't indicative of Capcom abandoning the game. That's like the loosest of connections and overly hyperbolic.

I keep hopping between the two today. It plays very differently with that combo system and guard breaking is pretty weird concept after I have played so much sfv. Is that in a lot of fighting games with how it is implemented in KI? Haven't played many different ones.

I really like all the different kind of characters in it. Still messing around with all of them in training mode and stuff deciding which one I want to actually learn. There are also some weird kinks in the PC version.

All that being said, the first thing I noticed while playing it was how much I missed crush counters when someone whiffs/I block their dp lol.

KI is its own thing. It's dial a combo but not at all, actually. It just sorta feels like it? It's a great game all the same, and I love Rash. But I'm afraid because it's so different that I don't want to start shifting focus to another game and lose what little ability I have in SFV.

The sales aren't great, i wouldn't be shocked if season 1 was all the support this game was getting..

The sales aren't what they projected, but the game is well over a million by now speaking world wide. And it's obvious that a portion of their funding is going to be supported by the DLC as well.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Anyone that have a good understanding of the mods for this game? Before the patch I had this mod - Glitz n Glam for Mika installed and it worked fine. Then the patch hit and all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore, even tried unistalling and reinstalling ( also deleted the files the steam unistall didn't take ), but that still doesn't fix it. Really annoying since I really liked the more shiny outfit <_<

Same thing happened to me. Just install the latest FluffyQuack mod manager and you are good to go. Glitz n Glam Mika is best Mika.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
It wasnt a rage quit Jett! >_<
My connection drops like once per hour, sorry man :(

Also your Mika is nuts.

They will probably show Hawke's trailer on Capcom Talk tonight.

"Yo we kinda forgot about that but this rad dude made one so I dunno watch this shit I guess."

Man played nothing but gold and platinum ranked people tonight and i am a ultra bronze ryu. But i kept rematching them to to learn. I think I played alucards necalli got bodied then rematched him and he was nice enough accept. I only lost like 1 or 2 points from these matches. But i learned so much. It's really hard to play against top players as they know perfect frame traps. I literally had no answer.. :(

ACE 1991

I don't think I'm ever going to move much past 1K LP until I can force myself to stop over entering inputs in the heat of the moment. It's such an incredibly hard habit to break.

Didn't play too long in Casual tonight, but I'm getting better! Beat a Chun 2/1, lost to a wicked Rashid 0/2 and beat a Ryu 2/0.

After so much frustration early on it's wild to see all my practice and study of pro players finally playing off.

Still not good enough to go close to Ranked though lmao

Exr

I don't think I'm ever going to move much past 1K LP until I can force myself to stop over entering inputs in the heat of the moment. It's such an incredibly hard habit to break.
The worst that can happen to you is you get thrown if you block. Its always smarter to take the throw over the potential counter combo dammy youd recieve. Just block and develop an eye for throws, then you tech the throw and get some breath.

ACE 1991

The worst that can happen to you is you get thrown if you block. Its always smarter to take the throw over the potential counter combo dammy youd recieve. Just block and develop an eye for throws, then you tech the throw and get some breath.

My blocks aren't bad, it's usually messing up in the inputs when my opponent is open.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Had a great session tonight. Got back up to Ultra Bronze and wasn't immediately matched with Silver after Silver. Kept fighting people within a few hundred points of me, opted for 2/3 sets like a gentleman, and came out 400 points richer than yesterday. Last time I played I feared I'd never make it to Silver and I had lost all my skillz but my hope is rekindled. Thank you Capcom for this glorious patch and a new stream of scrubs playing at my level.

Did not have particularly long load times, either.

BiggNife

Dear Bison player with 1000 more LP than me who I almost beat, but then beat me with almost no health by chipping me out and then refused a rematch:

I hate you so fucking much

Seriously need some help with Zangief match ups - people keep saying he's shit but every Zangief I play walks over me as Mika. How do I counter his wake-up command throws?

Quesa

That was interesting.
It seems very hard to make good single player content for a fighting game.
Since they design and balance every aspect of these games so that they are fun against other people it becomes hard to make compelling single player content. I assume it is also a budget and sales expectation issue given how expensive it is to create the characters and balance them in these games.

A small typo
"fighting games want to be teaching tools and have be single-player games"

Thanks!

Celcius

°Temp. member
aaaaand cleared Laura's trials. I've got 9 / 10 done for Zangief, but the last part of the last trial has me stuck :(

edit: I did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom