• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Seriously need some help with Zangief match ups - people keep saying he's shit but every Zangief I play walks over me as Mika. How do I counter his wake-up command throws?

If it's his wakeup, you need to get proper meaty attacks in.Command throws will get crush countered if they do it on their wakeup.

If it's on your wakeup, neutral jump, backdash.

Just played against a rookie Ken with a 6 win streak and probably could have won, but I just took the L because it was too much effort and I knew he would just rage quit on me anyway if I beat him.

If it's his wakeup, you need to get proper meaty attacks in.Command throws will get crush countered if they do it on their wakeup.

If it's on your wakeup, neutral jump, backdash.

It's on my wake up. I'll try the neutral jump next time. I try to pull a wake up EX attack and I guess the frame advantage is on his throw. Bleh.

The sales aren't great, i wouldn't be shocked if season 1 was all the support this game was getting..

HAH! Yeahhhhh. When they saw the sales of SSF4, which are about where SFV is right now, they totally stopped supporting SF4 right :p.

The sales are fine. The fact that it was built from day one for monetization, and to pull in money from the FGC between content revisions, means they will likely support this game for a long, long time coming. It's in their best interest to continue supporting it to pull in money from the slowly but steadily growing userbase. The fact that SFV is already being featured on ESPN is something SF4 would have killed for in a similar time frame. We live in a completely different world for post-launch support.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Man played nothing but gold and platinum ranked people tonight and i am a ultra bronze ryu. But i kept rematching them to to learn. I think I played alucards necalli got bodied then rematched him and he was nice enough accept. I only lost like 1 or 2 points from these matches. But i learned so much. It's really hard to play against top players as they know perfect frame traps. I literally had no answer.. :(

Yesss, this is the attitude people should be taking. The online rematch option is great.

Regardless of rank or whether I took the first match, I'll always try to go best of three. (Bad connections aside, of course.)
Such a simple feature, but a fantastic way to grow and learn both about the matchups and your own playing style.

I think something broke in me. I suck so much ass now.

Upload some of your recent matches. I'd love to take a look and see what it is that is growing wrong. Sometimes, players get too much in their own head. Try playing a different character in casuals. Someone where you're really not thinking about the high-level fundamentals & character match-up.

Man played nothing but gold and platinum ranked people tonight and i am a ultra bronze ryu. But i kept rematching them to to learn. I think I played alucards necalli got bodied then rematched him and he was nice enough accept. I only lost like 1 or 2 points from these matches. But i learned so much. It's really hard to play against top players as they know perfect frame traps. I literally had no answer.. :(

Take that match footage & upload it here. We can easily point out some answer to stuff you got hit with. You'd be amazed at how far a little friendly GAF advice will take your game.

mbpm1

It's on my wake up. I'll try the neutral jump next time. I try to pull a wake up EX attack and I guess the frame advantage is on his throw. Bleh.

That depends actually.

If he does an lp spd and dashes up, he's not at advantage but he is probably outside of things like a wakeup jab or light attacks and possibly at advantage against a wakeup medium or heavy or special.

If he does a medium or heavy or EX, he is indeed at advantage and you shouldn't try to challenge in that way either.

So if he does lp spd ( the one with miles of range), do a back tech and the situation is usually okay since you can jump away or react to his advances alright. You can't back tech the others though, that's his payoff for landing the heavier versions, so choose your options wisely

Same should apply for air spd's as well.

Anyone want to play my 1.6k LP ryu? Would really like some pointers and tips. Also If you want you can view my matches at CFN. Id is:Alternating. To give me some tips. Thanks.

SUPARSTARX

Anyone from East coast want to spar ?

ID : Hyunsai

GGS.

Gotta figure out what to do with the headstomp and headbutt for mix ups.

Having a rough time with Alex's slow buttons and this is coming from using Bison who's got slow movement and a few slow buttons too.

What do you think of Alex so far?

SUPARSTARX

Soooo how do you feel Alex ?

Haven't been able to find any good command grab meaties that work like Laura and R.Mika. I think he's gonna have to be played differently. I didn't play him at all in SF3 so I have no starting point. He'll probably punish decently but I'm having a difficult time labbing good stuff so far.

Has potential. Let's see what the smarter lab rats cook up this week with Alex. I intend on subbing him.

Hyun Sai

GGS.

Gotta figure out what to do with the headstomp and headbutt for mix ups.

Having a rough time with Alex's slow buttons and this is coming from using Bison who's got slow movement and a few slow buttons too.

What do you think of Alex so far?

Well, I cannot really say, as you were obviously learning, but as you say, he feels REALLY slow. I've also got the feeling that we can mash jabs between some of his moves...

No reversal besides the armor move ?

That depends actually.

If he does an lp spd and dashes up, he's not at advantage but he is probably outside of things like a wakeup jab or light attacks and possibly at advantage against a wakeup medium or heavy or special.

If he does a medium or heavy or EX, he is indeed at advantage and you shouldn't try to challenge in that way either.

So if he does lp spd ( the one with miles of range), do a back tech and the situation is usually okay since you can jump away or react to his advances alright. You can't back tech the others though, that's his payoff for landing the heavier versions, so choose your options wisely

Same should apply for air spd's as well.

Thanks for the tips. The majority of what I know how to defend against is the rookie/bronze shoto army so any tips on match ups outside of that are particularly useful. Well that and Mika mirror matches, which are usually fun as hell.

On another note, question about trophies: does anyone know if the Survival match wins count towards the 300 Perfect/CA/EX win trophies? I'd like to hope that all my failures at Survival mode are at least worth something.

Durden77

Prediction for Alex

Won't be that good but will be a hell of a lot of fun to play.

Luckily in SFV, that doesn't mean too much and fun can actually conquer. Hence Marn.

Prediction for Alex

Won't be that good but will be a hell of a lot of fun to play.

Luckily in SFV, that doesn't mean too much and fun can actually conquer. Hence Marn.
Can confirm he is fun

Can't confirm anything else because I'm Bronze
Question, even though it has been answered, can use our fight money to buy future dlc characters or do we have to get them using zenny?
Fight Money for at least all of Season 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom