• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an unspoken rule that it's not cheap if your opponent keeps falling for the same tactic over and over, right?

Like, after the first three times you really should expect my EX Shooting Peach on wake up...

But if it ain't broke, don't fix it?

mollipen

It's not your fault if it keeps working, it's their fault for letting it work.

And I say that as someone who falls for that kind of thing far more than I want to admit.

It's an unspoken rule that it's not cheap if your opponent keeps falling for the same tactic over and over, right?

Like, after the first three times you really should expect my EX Shooting Peach on wake up...

I get blown up by things that I walk into repeatedly, but that's entirely on me until I actually learn not to fall for it.

Keep on keepin' on, I say.

You bait them to expect it then you do something else, then you do it all over again.

That's how I do it.

I used to win entire rounds in 3S with Alex's stomps since they could cross up.

Ended my run at 1.6K today.

3Q77Udn.jpg

Never give up!

Edgeward

Tried battle lounges for the first time since the patch and now I'm getting issues getting past the character selection screen. Error 40002. Capcom pls.

That's how Marn got to 4th place at NCR.

It's not your fault if it keeps working, it's their fault for letting it work.

And I say that as someone who falls for that kind of thing far more than I want to admit.

I actually do it a lot myself, too. I watch replays of my losses and think to myself "how was I such an idiot?" But when you're in the middle of a fight your brain is working differently, or so I like to tell myself.

I get blown up by things that I walk into repeatedly, but that's entirely on me until I actually learn not to fall for it.

Keep on keepin' on, I say.

It was a mirror match, so I'm hoping my opponent learned something from it. If I can teach a fellow Mika tactics to use against others, I've done my job well!

Durden77

You bait them to expect it then you do something else, then you do it all over again.

That's how I do it.

I used to win entire rounds in 3S with Alex's stomps since they could cross up.

Ended my run at 1.6K today.

Never give up!

Very nice brother. Keep that shit up.

Also this game is beautiful. You can take nearly any screenshot and it looks amazing. I had a screenshot that was saved right as Bison activated his V-Trigger for a trophy and holy fuck was it beautiful.

Speaking of getting blown up by the same thing repeatedly, I can't seem to get out of the habit of doing Vega's unsafe ass slide. It's getting me into trouble more often than not.

Speaking of getting blown up by the same thing repeatedly, I can't seem to get out of the habit of doing Vega's unsafe ass slide. It's getting me into trouble more often than not.
My friend does that slide all the time and I still haven't figured out how to punish it lol

I guess blocking and then throw? Any other tips?

So I found out Nash can squeeze in a St.MP in his 1-bar crush counter combo, raising the damage from 357 to 387. He gets 453 (and 30 life back) if you're willing to burn V-trigger and another bar on the combo

Tirael

I just now got time to do Trials. I did most of Mika's trials earlier today, finished the last two just now. I was logged into the server both times, and didn't get any Fight Money or EXP. Checked the logs and everything.

But I watched the basic demonstrations and got Fight Money for that. Went back and redid Mika's 1st Trial, still nothing.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm going to try to complete someone else's trials while I wait for an answer.

I think you can safely throw punish it, yeah.

Also, playing Casuals is so much less stressful than ranked.

I want to get the 3 in a row win trophy (which always eludes me - I get 2 in a row and then matched against someone that whoops my ass, every damn time) and maybe try for Silver rank to get that trophy, but after that I'm done with Ranked. I know I'm not good enough to get to Gold so my goal is Silver and then that's good enough for me.

SUPARSTARX

I'm in the caribean, so it may be rough, but East Coast US is the only zone where it's relatively playable for me.

Sorry about that.

Haha it's all good. Smoothed out during the set.

I do feel he needs to be approached a bit differently in SF5 style than from the other grapplers in the game. There's a lot less of the knockdown, dash, grab anything that would come out situation with him for some reason.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
How can i do that!!!!??!!?!!?!?

What platform are you on? If PS4, you can hit the Share button whenever and save the last 15mins of gameplay to the HDD. Then you can trim a video down and upload it straight to YT (as long as you've linked accounts).

Otherwise, you can go to your fighter profile from the main menu, scroll to the far right tab and you'll see your latest matches. Add them to your replay list, then go to CFN to view them. It's a bit cumbersome, but it keeps a pretty decent history of your recent fights, and you can then use capture software or whatever to get the bits you need.

Edgeward

Wtf. That has to mean someone has access to the update right?

You sure you saw that? You sure it wasn't NOTHING?

But seriously, are you modded to view the character at all? Could it have been the character you chose to replace to get Alex in?

DrTaco

You can look him up and see him using Alex already

It will show him using FANG but he is definitely using Alex, so he must've swapped it.

Idk why anyone would risk playing online with him tbh. Like I know it's Capcom and everything and they can't even punish RQers effectively but I just don't see how using Alex online 2 days early is worth a potential ban.

Also, I wonder if Capcom will learn for the next character - either to release footage earlier so people don't care so much, download the update just before the maintenance then unlock the content as soon as it ends, or encrypt the content in a better way. All that was missing was a single folder from Alex which could be easily reconstructed from his own files.

Edgeward

how much cheating can you sneak in like that? kinda worrying.

hmm, well he didn't have infinite health/meter, he was just able to use a character not out yet so I don't think trainers will work online.

Vega's lack of AA options are really killing me. And would it hurt to make his st HP actually extend to the top of his head like the animation shows? I'm stuck with slow specials or a cr HP which will trade at best.

hmm, well he didn't have infinite health/meter, he was just able to use a character not out yet so I don't think trainers will work online.

Vega's lack of AA options are really killing me. And would it hurt to make his st HP actually extend to the top of his head like the animation shows? I'm stuck with slow specials or a cr HP which will trade at best.

What are you trying to AA? You can slide under any jump in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom