• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Do the trials in SFV allow you to retry after success? Remember hating the fact that I couldn't use those to practice in SF4 when it was a combo I struggled with - I know I can move over to training (and I will eventually) but while going through trials it would be great to be able to do it five/ten times without failure before moving onto the next one.
Yes you can, if you pause during a trial there's an option telling whether or not you would like to automatically go to the next trial when you complete your current one.
Or so I've read on one of those tips showing up during the loadings. :)

Stantron

Do the trials in SFV allow you to retry after success? Remember hating the fact that I couldn't use those to practice in SF4 when it was a combo I struggled with - I know I can move over to training (and I will eventually) but while going through trials it would be great to be able to do it five/ten times without failure before moving onto the next one.

Yes, you can set it to repeat, or move to next challenge after successfully completing the current one. In the start menu options.

I have been taking a long break but back into the game again by playing around with Alex. I am really strugglying with pulling off Alex Flying Cross Chop. Feels like the move has a very strict narrow input. It could also be that I suck at pulling the stick down at the right timing.

I suck with the timing of inputs in Trials. Like with SF4 I gave up on them. However there are fewer trials this time so I guess it is more doable now.

Number45

Yes you can, if you pause during a trial there's an option telling whether or not you would like to automatically go to the next trial when you complete your current one.
Or so I've read on one of those tips showing up during the loadings. :)

Yes, you can set it to repeat, or move to next challenge after successfully completing the current one. In the start menu options.
Wonderful, thanks. Going to finally dip in this weekend.

It feels really weird to switch between Alex and Birdie. Like, they're similar enough where they have a lot of similar moves, but the inputs are all different.

Palom

Has anyone figured out how to get color 15 to show up in the store? I read some people thought it might be tied to Extreme survival, and others thought it was character level. I only have 11-14 available for Chun-Li. Since I completed Extreme survival with her Battle Costume, I thought maybe I would have to do it again with her normal outfit. So I did. Still no color 15. My Chun-Li is level 36.

Finally downloaded the update.

I have the Season Pass.

Why don't I have Alex'a premium costume?
You should. It's called the battle costume in the select screen. The one with the shirt and cap. AKA the shitty one.
Has anyone figured out how to get color 15 to show up in the store? I read some people thought it might be tied to Extreme survival, and others thought it was character level. I only have 11-14 available for Chun-Li. Since I completed Extreme survival with her Battle Costume, I thought maybe I would have to do it again with her normal outfit. So I did. Still no color 15. My Chun-Li is level 36.
14 and 15 are definitely tied to the level and I believe the level requirements for 15 is around 50. Not sure about that though.

Number45

Ugh, the official app doesn't have frame data for Alex. Hope they're going to update it with the DLC characters or I'm going to be annoyed.

Finally downloaded the update.

I have the Season Pass.

Why don't I have Alex'a premium costume?
Coming out when the store launches I think.

EDIT: Seems I'm mistaken.

Vahagn

Vryu posted some loops for Laura survival a while ago:

https://twitter.com/vryu123/status/700770652479819777

Not tried it myself.

Just tried it. It's effective but not in the later rounds. And the last row is really hit or miss. Once you get to the 30's and 40's Ryu and Ken DP the shit out of that VL

Cool thing about Laura is she gets opponents dizzy fast and can punish massive amounts without using much meter if any. Survival matches go by in a breeze - it's just the framework of survival hard that's such torture.

Mediking

You should. It's called the battle costume in the select screen. The one with the shirt and cap. AKA the shitty one.
14 and 15 are definitely tied to the level and I believe the level requirements for 15 is around 50. Not sure about that though.

What the hell??? It won't let me change to it. I have the Season Pass!

What the hell??? It won't let me change to it. I have the Season Pass!
If you're on PS4, Go to options in the Home Screen, account management and choose restore licenses.

Then restart the PS4.

Once that's done restart the game. If it's STILL not there, contact Capcom/Sony.

EDIT: Also try buying something from the in-game shop if you haven't already. Anything should do the trick.

Mediking

If you're on PS4, Go to options in the Home Screen, account management and choose restore licenses.

Then restart the PS4.

Once that's done restart the game. If it's STILL not there, contact Capcom/Sony.

EDIT: Also try buying something from the in-game shop if you haven't already. Anything should do the trick.

I bought Cammy's story outfit. I did your instructions. I still don't have his premium costume.... ugh....

Palom

Thanks. Guess I'll just have to keep plugging away at it. I probably won't care any more by the time I get to be of level.

I bought Cammy's story outfit. I did your instructions. I still don't have his premium costume.... ugh....
Well, that sucks. Really don't what else to tell you short of contacting Capcom.

2 Questions though:

Q1. Are you playing on the same account that owns the season pass? You can't share the season pass with other accounts on your PS4 as you can with most DLC.

Q2. Is the account that owns the season pass the same region as the your copy of the game (assuming you got a physical copy)

If the answer to either question is no then you have your answer if that was the problem all along.

Mediking

Well, that sucks. Really don't what else to tell you short of contacting Capcom.

2 Questions though:

Q1. Are you playing on the same account that owns the season pass? You can't share the season pass with other accounts on your PS4 as you can with most DLC.

Q2. Is the account that owns the season pass the same region as the your copy of the game (assuming you got a physical copy)

If the answer to either question is no then you have your answer if that was the problem all along.

The answer to both questions is yes. The game even recognized I had the Season Pass when it gave me the Chun theme and some SFV avatars for free. I wonder mwhy the game randomly stopped. I want my premium Alex costume.

The answer to both questions is yes. The game even recognized I had the Season Pass when it gave me the Chun theme and some SFV avatars for free. I wonder mwhy the game randomly stopped. I want my premium Alex costume.
Then I don't know what else to tell you. Sorry. Hopefully this'll get sorted out on it's own

Lol just met someone that was afk. Lucky for him you don't leave the game after automatically :D Autojoin is risky as hell.

Edit WTF, met same guy again and afk again. Must be someone just trying to down rank to change main or something.

Wish the rematch option was endless until someone opted out. With the huge waits for games rematches make it a whole lot less tedious for me with limited gaming time.

Also does anyone play this thing with an Xbone pad? I have one hooked up to my PC but think it is 100% dreadful in every way. I can nail all of rashids moves on a DS4 but the Xbone pad is just bad in every way, the buttons, the sticks and the triggers are especially dire for timing anything useful.

is alex premium costume even in? first time i hear about this. there is no premium/zenny shop currently.

is alex premium costume even in? first time i hear about this. there is no premium/zenny shop currently.

Hmmm... maybe it gets unlocked when premium costumes hit the store. But that's weird because I already have Battle Costume Cammy.
I have the season pass and I can confirm that the premium costume for Alex is available for selection. Right now the only way to get it is to own the season pass, at least until the zenny store hits.

It should be selectable in the character select screen under the name of "Battle" costume. It's the weird one with the shirt and cap.

Mediking

I have the season pass and I can confirm that the premium costume for Alex is available for selection. Right now the only way to get it is to own the season pass, at least until the zenny store hits.

It should be selectable in the character select screen under the name of "Battle" costume. It's the weird one with the shirt and cap.

I'm gonna give it a day for the game to recognize again that I'm also a Season Pass owner. If it still doesn't... I'm contacting Sony/Capcom.

okay cool.

Mediking

I really like actually owning Story Mode costume for Cammy but the Store's prices are not fair. You're still forced to do Survival Mode for colors.

Number45

Surely they're going to address the survival mode shit in some way other than... "sure, you can buy them from the store". I haven't touched the mode and I already hate it. Also, if they require you to unlock colours for a costume that you've paid for they can GTFO.

Mediking

Surely they're going to address the survival mode shit in some way other than... "sure, you can buy them from the store". I haven't touched the mode and I already hate it. Also, if they require you to unlock colours for a costume that you've paid for they can GTFO.

I have Battle Costume Cammy. I do not have all the colors for it :(

Roll your thumb from lk to lp. Desk has a video of him doing Karin's trials with a pad camera shot.

I found 8 to be infinitely easier than 6 but then I thought 6 was the hardest trial out of any of them by far. 6 is doable by pressing qcf, down then rolling your thumb over kick then punch. After that it is just timing it as soon as you can after the Tenko. This trial seriously took me like 3 hours off and on.

For those struggling with Karin trials:

Pad:https://youtu.be/WWZl2VQ4Aws

Stick:https://youtu.be/KqrDqsEqgjk
Tks for all the help guys, will try to get her last two done tonight.

Scotia

Banned
Hmmm... maybe it gets unlocked when premium costumes hit the store. But that's weird because I already have Battle Costume Cammy.

Just for the record I have the season pass and I've had Alex's premium costume and have had it since Alex came out.

Mœbius

So, if you could talk directly with Capcom about how they have been managing communication around SFV and outline ways to improve their engagement with the community - what would you highlight?

Not talking about the game itself here; but the whole post-launch commitment to the game and the community.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately as - like most people - I think the game itself is great; but it really does feel like there isn't a clear and consistent dialogue going on as you'd expect from a game that was clearly being geared towards being a service and e-sports title with regular updates. I mean, it's been what - 10+ pages with posts asking about how exactly colours 14 and 15 are unlocked...? That's just absurd; it would take a simple tweet from Capcom to clarify that; or it should have been made crystal clear in the March update blog post... that is not the kind of thing you'd expect from DICE or Bungie when talking about updates to Battlefield and Destiny respectively (I realise the scale of the projects is different but let's not kid ourselves, Capcom are still a big publisher and should have resources to address their community, with absolutely no impact on their production / development resources for actual game fixes / updates).

So I’m doing the faster Orichi thing with Karin but I can’t do the follow up, it doesn’t combo, does it matter what strength punch you use for her down P strike to combo?

Trial # 6 is such a pain man, why didn’t they just let you do two “fastest orichi” thingy in a row?

jeemer

i only got a quick shot of karins number 6 last night. am i right in thinking the meat of the combo is roughly qcf.lk~lp, qcf.lk, qcf.lk~down+lp?

I wasn't sure if the "empty" dash in the middle is right or if that's technically just part of the last hit? If not then i'm thinking it's qcf.lk~lp, qcf.lk~down+lp(?) but the last part didn't seem to connect when I tried that.

i find the way this mode displays specifically karin's moves to be a little confusing. weird combo anyway with the almost-plinks.

i only got a quick shot of karins number 6 last night. am i right in thinking the meat of the combo is roughly qcf.lk~lp, qcf.lk, qcf.lk~down+lp?

I wasn't sure if the "empty" dash in the middle is right or if that's technically just part of the last hit? If not then i'm thinking it's qcf.lk~lp, qcf.lk~down+lp(?) but the last part didn't seem to connect when I tried that.

i find the way this mode displays specifically karin's moves to be a little confusing. weird combo anyway with the almost-plinks.
I got the plink, I’m basically doing a kara throw on my controller, it’s the follow up that’s not landing, which sucks because too instant orichi combo pretty easily.

This is not my character, I don’t want to learn her, don’t want to play her, just want to finish everyone’s trials -_-

This is soooooooo annoying Capcom. I’m ready for someone to take my controller over share play at this point and do it for me.

Moaradin

So I’m doing the faster Orichi thing with Karin but I can’t do the follow up, it doesn’t combo, does it matter what strength punch you use for her down P strike to combo?

Trial # 6 is such a pain man, why didn’t they just let you do two “fastest orichi” thingy in a row?

I'm actually glad they put that one in there. It's probably one of the harder combos in the game, but being able to just frame tenko into orochi is something all Karin players should learn.

vg260

They have to address the horrible unlock requirements for costumes and colors. It's some of the stupidest and worst thought out stuff I've ever seen in a game.

I was ready to shell out money for a ton of costumes sets. I was what they probably considered a "whale" in SF4, having bought almost every pack and on multiple systems. However, with that and the proposed $4 per costume, they're pissing me off so much that they'll probably not see another cent from me outside of the base game and 1st season pass I already bought, and I'll just stick with any free characters I earn, the default costumes and measly 2 colors for the life of the game. It's sad how they are alienating people on so many different angles.

Ludens

Banned
Easy survival doesn't net FM afaik. Unless it's bugged, because I did it with other characters and didn't receive shit.

No, I did it with other regular characters and I alwats received FM, but with Alex I didn't. So I want to know if it's a bug, since I got FM when completing Alex's story mode, or if DLC characters won't give you FM for survival.

Shito

Yeah, no, there's not empty dash in between, it is indeed qcf.lk~lp, qcf.lk~down+lp.
And you are right that the way they display these follow-up moves is quite bad, but at least there's now the demonstration option to see how the combo is supposed to look like. :)

Renekton

Use the orochi short cut if you just want to get past the trial.

QCF Down then plink LK~LP

pixelish

So, if you could talk directly with Capcom about how they have been managing communication around SFV and outline ways to improve their engagement with the community - what would you highlight?

Not talking about the game itself here; but the whole post-launch commitment to the game and the community.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately as - like most people - I think the game itself is great; but it really does feel like there isn't a clear and consistent dialogue going on as you'd expect from a game that was clearly being geared towards being a service and e-sports title with regular updates. I mean, it's been what - 10+ pages with posts asking about how exactly colours 14 and 15 are unlocked...? That's just absurd; it would take a simple tweet from Capcom to clarify that; or it should have been made crystal clear in the March update blog post... that is not the kind of thing you'd expect from DICE or Bungie when talking about updates to Battlefield and Destiny respectively (I realise the scale of the projects is different but let's not kid ourselves, Capcom are still a big publisher and should have resources to address their community, with absolutely no impact on their production / development resources for actual game fixes / updates).

i'm pretty sure all esports games have a main website that provides update news and a community forum so all players just have to go to that website to find what they're looking for but sfv doesn't have one. for example, haunts have to post his weekly update on capcom unity but i do think a sizable amount of sfv users do not actively use twitter or know about haunts' blog so they would be out of the loop with the communication aspect of this sfv 'service'.

Having played some solid Alex players, you guys are being melodramatic if you think he's a terrible / underwhelming character, strength-wise.
Nobody who's ever played with Alex for more than 20 minutes (and knows how to play the game) will think he's terrible. He has his strengths and his weaknesses just like every other character.

Personally, I'm really excited to see if any pro players pick Alex as their main/secondary.

LakeEarth

No, I did it with other regular characters and I alwats received FM, but with Alex I didn't. So I want to know if it's a bug, since I got FM when completing Alex's story mode, or if DLC characters won't give you FM for survival.

You should've gotten something for it. Sometimes when the game reports the FM you've made, they merge the survival money with the XP money so maybe that caused some confusion?

Complete Survival Easy 2,000 FM
Complete Survival Normal 5,000 FM
Complete Survival Hard 10,000 FM
Complete Survival Hell 20,000 FM

And yeah, it is way too early to report on Alex's position on the tier list. I remember people were shitting on Ken and Dhalsim too at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom