• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

So Cammy can't get hit by Mika's CA if she does that spinning move the the other side of you during wakeuo...even if Mika is turning the right way when doing the CA

myco666

It also should let you keep your v-meter between rounds. I forget about it even existing after 25+ rounds where the AI was so shit that v-meter was never a factor.

Oh yeah that too. Don't really understand why you don't keep that between stages. Makes getting V-trigger/reversal really hard if you start with low health.

Oh GOD DAMN it you're right. They're totally going to do this, aren't they?

Considering how slow you gain Exp I wouldn't be surprised if they sold Exp boosters.

Rektash

I am much more interested in when Capcom will release the next patch. I mean, characters are neat and all but I want to know when they will be able to tackle all the other problems the game currently has. Because there are quite a few of those.

Mupod

i'm so shit with alex. but i can't stop playing him. i'm just poking people to death because i can't get in, lol. if they let me that is.

I know that feel

I had one match that went like this:

I'M ALL WARMED UP
st.HK crush counter
I'M ALL WARMED UP
st.HK crush counter
I'M ALL WARMED UP
st.HK crush counter

KO

then I ended up losing the set but it was funny as hell.

have you noticed that sometimes people taunt when you use his v-skill? I wonder if they are 3S players who don't know that's not actually Alex's taunt now

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I got dced mismatch against somebody :(. I messaged him excusing myself, first time this happens midmatch.

i only got a quick shot of karins number 6 last night. am i right in thinking the meat of the combo is roughly qcf.lk~lp, qcf.lk, qcf.lk~down+lp?

I wasn't sure if the "empty" dash in the middle is right or if that's technically just part of the last hit? If not then i'm thinking it's qcf.lk~lp, qcf.lk~down+lp(?) but the last part didn't seem to connect when I tried that.

i find the way this mode displays specifically karin's moves to be a little confusing. weird combo anyway with the almost-plinks.

This is a problem with the trial mode input display. When moves are chained, as in, they require you to do qcf.lk > punch, the game displays the qcf.lk on both steps. When in doubt watch the trials; in the case of the one you asked about, there is no empty dash in the middle. Just add it to the list of bad design choices. :)

LMAO yo Capcom where that April update at!?

I know, right? Get your shit together Capcom. ;)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a trainer or something that just unlocks all colors on PC and if so are we allowed to talk about it? Fuck survival and fuck Capcom for this moronic design decision tbh

Big Brett

Is there a trainer or something that just unlocks all colors on PC and if so are we allowed to talk about it? Fuck survival and fuck Capcom for this moronic design decision tbh

I think I saw someone reference cheat engine when getting colors on PC.

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure you can grab her out of it

Also, unrelated, what's the best way to deal with Dhalsim doing raw teleport crossup combo? I fight the character so rarely that it's hard to react to shit
Just jab whenever you see the teleport. If he teleports close to you, you hit him. If he doesn't then you can still block whatever comes next.

Hyun Sai

Still atrocious matchmaking. When I play Rocket League 3vs3 I have to wait like 10 seconds. I'd like to have people in my rank range, but that would lead to 1h queues.

Even if I wanted to play ranked or casual in my region, I just can't. I tried both yesterday night, and nothing, nada, niet for dozen of minutes.

I went back to battle launges and everything was fine again.

Even in SFIV on empty hours this shit didn't happen.

Fuck, I was up until midnight last night playing and I want to do it again tonight.

Alex is just too fun, matchup problems and wakeup problems aside.

What are some good close range crossup / deep jump in AA options? I've been using knee at mid range but d.HP doesn't catch deep jumps and f.MP is too slow for close range stuff.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Survival needs to be both shorter, easier, and not have colors exclusively tied to it. I'd be fine if the FM payouts were decreased to compensate.

They should throw in some fun power ups like infinite super or infinite V-Gauge, just make it very expensive. Or temporary hyper armor, ability to cancel any normal, or start off with Rose's U2. Every 10th fight should be against a CPU with their own crazy power ups.

What do you play videogames for leisure? With your 'fun' and reasonable ideas.

Dubz

So what's the point of taking people back to the lobby screen in a battle lounge with more than 2 people? Why not just go straight to character select? Lmao

Anbec7

So I'm trying to learn how to use Alex...
I see that I have some issues covering the ground, it's easier to get close with Mika, any tips guys? Karin just destroys me but.. well it's Karin

I don't know what to do against laura. once she starts her shenanigans after one knockdown or air trade its over. fuck.

specially as a bison. I can get her to half health by playing mid-range/keep away and pelting with kicks, but one knockdown and here comes the circus

I see that I have some issues covering the ground, it's easier to get close with Mika, any tips guys? Karin just destroys me but.. well it's Karin

Karin lacks great AA outside of EX moves - I just bait those out then counter, and if she doesn't have meter I just approach from the air and keep the pressure on with power bombs.

Don't get caught pushing buttons vs Karin - I often lose because I think I can end her strings in between moves, but then my pokes don't come out fast enough. Wait until the end of a blockstring to counter.

To cover ground, use his moves. LP elbow slash covers ground rather safely, and once you learn your stomp distances you can use those too, even though they aren't as safe.

Ferrio

Banned

Join the club. I don't have such a bad time in neutral, but when i'm being pressured it all falls apart.

Anbec7

Karin lacks great AA outside of EX moves - I just bait those out then counter, and if she doesn't have meter I just approach from the air and keep the pressure on with power bombs.

Don't get caught pushing buttons vs Karin - I often lose because I think I can end her strings in between moves, but then my pokes don't come out fast enough. Wait until the end of a blockstring to counter.

To cover ground, use his moves. LP elbow slash covers ground rather safely, and once you learn your stomp distances you can use those too, even though they aren't as safe.

This is actually really good advice! thanks and.. uh with Mika? I have the bad habit to get close with cr.HP and get destroyed, from what you where saying she has really good pokes but sucks at pressure from above?

Join the club. I don't have such a bad time in neutral, but when i'm being pressured it all falls apart.

This game is so quick on that, you can be dominating but one mistake can really end everything, I love it.

This is actually really good advice! thanks and.. uh with Mika? I have the bad habit to get close with cr.HP and get destroyed, from what you where saying she has really good pokes but sucks at pressure from above?

Wait, are you saying you're having trouble fighting Mika as Alex, or that the Karin matchup is easier when you play Mika?

The AA pressure comment was for fighting Karin as Alex - I noticed when I had the momentum with jump ins and spacing I had Karin beat, but when she was pressuring me I had to work to get out due to how quick Karin's ground game can be. It's kind of similar to fighting Laura as Alex, imo.

Anbec7

Wait, are you saying you're having trouble fighting Mika as Alex, or that the Karin matchup is easier when you play Mika?

The AA pressure comment was for fighting Karin as Alex - I noticed when I had the momentum with jump ins and spacing I had Karin beat, but when she was pressuring me I had to work to get out due to how quick Karin's ground game can be. It's kind of similar to fighting Laura as Alex, imo.

I found it a little easier the match up with Mika because that is the currently "main" that I use, I would like to learn Alex so your first advice is really good.
But I'm open for suggestions, any advice on the Mika vs Karin match up? her pokes almost always outrange Mika's

Trickster

How are you even supposed to fight a decent Zangief without reversals or projectiles? Dude can just do whatever the flying fuck he wants..

So now the gameplan is meaty F.HP, then mixup between command throw and St.MP into elbow. Alex is a terrifying stun monster. Especially if you land his headbutt even once. I think the EX version is very hard to react to, as it looks like the stomp at first, for which you'd want to stay blocking.

I'm really loving Alex. I realized I was getting bored with Nash. Alex is a breath of fresh air for now. I never seriously played a grappler or a charge character, so I'm surprised he clicked with me quickly.

D00d we have to fight again since Alex came out.

FACE

Banned
Scum among scumbags.

DlE4V.jpg

Not making Alex's cr.lp combo into lp flash was a jerk move.

I find it really odd that many LPs, LKs, cr.LPs, cr.LKs are not Special cancelable in SFV

Like Bison's cr.LK not being Special cancelable is like wut?

SF3 series had the perfect balance of normals that were or not special cancelable

Nobody who's ever played with Alex for more than 20 minutes (and knows how to play the game) will think he's terrible. He has his strengths and his weaknesses just like every other character.

Personally, I'm really excited to see if any pro players pick Alex as their main/secondary.

It's not that most of us think he is terrible but that his weaknesses overshadow his strengths at this point. But it is only day 3 and there is still a lot of stuff to be figured out. I still play him and Nash everyday so I like the character I am just not sure how he fits into this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom