• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rektash

It is nigh impossible to cross up a crouching Cammy with Karin and it's pissing me off. Like it just whiffs because of Cammys crouching hitbox. Bullshit man.

Moaradin

It is nigh impossible to cross up a crouching Cammy with Karin and it's pissing me off. Like it just whiffs because of Cammys crouching hitbox. Bullshit man.

Cammy's b.MP(?) is fucking ridiculous. Forget trying to jump in on her. I swear I got hit by it after I already crossed her up at times.

I personally have been getting trashed by Alex players. All of his moves seem to have very fast recovery. And that vtrigger is tough.

Granted I have no 3rd Strike experience and outside of messing with him in challenges I don't really know what he's about. But the few I've played have been pretty good.

Xeteh

Cammy's b.MP(?) is fucking ridiculous. Forget trying to jump in on her. I swear I got hit by it after I already crossed her up at times.

Her AA? Yeah, b.mp. Since I'm terrible I'll see someone jump, hit b.mp and realize they jumped from too far out so I just did a Rocky pose instead.

I personally have been getting trashed by Alex players. All of his moves seem to have very fast recovery. And that vtrigger is tough.

Granted I have no 3rd Strike experience and outside of messing with him in challenges I don't really know what he's about. But the few I've played have been pretty good.

But this isn't proof that he is in fact a good character just that you do not know the match up and play style.

For everyone's entertainment:
8A1nDwd.jpg

Also this video is really good for Alex meaties. I've been messing around with some of this stuff in training and its good to see it be more explored by someone else. I need to try and get this going in my Alex play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gT6F62Sf24

This is some good tech after flash chop trades as well. I always just did sweep like he does in the beginning but good to see that someone with more time found some pretty nice options that could be useful in certain situations against jab happy characters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DeAqkuBgi8&feature=youtu.be

Hustler

Can anyone recommend a good video or help guide on how to play against Laura? I main Ken. By far she is the one who gives me the most trouble on wakeup with all the mixups.

HardRojo

"OK, they'll probably DP so I won't go for a meaty. Damn they whiffed a grab, that was my chance, OK, I'll go for the meaty next time. Fuck! They woke up with a DP! Alright, I'll try again, they probably think I'm afraid now. Fuck! Another DP! Damn, time to step back after a knockdown. Shit, they pressed nothing this time. Ok I'll just go for a grab this time. Wake up super? WTF!?"

Lol a match just went something like that. I also hate it when I think to myself while knocked down "OK, do not tech a grab, they'll meaty", but my fingers say fuck it and I grab, just to get hit by a meaty b.HK from Ryu :(

Mupod

after playing Alex for a day I kind of want to fight against someone using him with my Bison for a bit. Maybe something to do tonight after work or tomorrow.

I figure one of two things will happen:

- I stomp all over Alex and get some justification for my frustration yesterday, my god what does he even DO against Bison
- I lose and now I know the answer to that question

seems like a win win situation.

also yesterday I had a real mega derp moment where I kept falling for zangief's blocked knee into SPD. I feel like I don't run into that situation as Bison much so as Alex I wasn't sure how to handle it. My grabs after the knee weren't coming out in time but in training mode I could grab him before the SPD.

The way I did it (on pad) was:
jump in with heavy
c MK ~ qcf +LK ~LP
qcf, down, downback (23621) +LK ~LP

The way I went from cMK to LK was basically doing a qcb on the face buttons, so rolling over mk/lk/lp as if doing a tatsu.
Took me about 20 minutes this way, hope it helps.
tks man...I got the plink but keep missing the juggle on the last hit. Will try it tonight, looks like I'm just not doing it fast enough.

How are you even supposed to fight a decent Zangief without reversals or projectiles? Dude can just do whatever the flying fuck he wants..

I am a Zangief player and I love no projectile fights, I Knee Lift into SPD all day if you don't V-reversal, if you have a V-bar and you see the knee frame trap set up, use that fucking bar..

ElFly

Do people not realize Zangief has anti-air options? Been serving people that cr.HP for breakfast all morning.

The correlation between connecting more than one crHP on a jump and winning must be super high.

One time one guy jumped in in the first round so much that when the second round came I just crouched and pressed HP over and over. He just walked back while I did that for a few seconds (8? 10?!?) and eventually got the message to not just jump over me. Still won but wasn't as blatant.

Gotta confess that bad shotos have also trained me to jump over their fireballs too, since so few of them actually punish a bad jump in with a good shoryuken or anything. But I stop doing it p soon.

Trickster

It's just funny cause gief/other characters has that exact same issue against Mika.

So what if I play Mika. I just got ran over by a Zangief and asked wtf to do since to me the matchup feels very hard. Zangief has great ways of dealing with Mika, Lariat/air grabs for anti air, things that counter c.hk. a command grab with longer range than Mika's jab and in general just better normals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom