• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

I feel pretty optimistic about Guile being next.

I'm interested in seeing how he'll play in 5. I tend to play more defensive so Guile would have been a good character for me in 4 but I just couldn't do his ultras for shit.

Blonde Fighter V is real

lol Laura's color 15 is also blonde

Its like they couldn't decide on colors for Laura. Her different costume colors change her skin and hair color more than any other character.

stn

I'm ready for Guile! Looking forward to the game's first pure zoner. I'm also thinking his st. fierce would be a great CC, though I'm wondering how he'll link his CC's into Flash Kick. Guess we'll see.

-Mikey-

Played someone that was of a higher rank than me and managed to beat them. Of course, they dc'd before the points could apply. I queue up another match and it's the same person! I was hoping for sweet revenge, but they dc'd before the match started.

Hoping for some practice with peeps in lobbies this weekend. CFN: Sanzen

Xeteh

Thanks! Looks very... white lmao.

Colour 14 is nice tho.

The color you asked me about earlier, 12, is similar.

Ce-92YRWsAMDQOf.jpg

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Battle Lobbies still broken for me. Now actively cheerleading for Capcom to be bought up.

If its to be believed its because I dared to put an underscore in my CFN, or its just assigned me to the shadowlands of the servers because of really good game development reasons.

Time to send it back. Street Fighter is dead.

JP

Did people ever find out about the Season Pass for people who bought the game using a PSN account that was different to the one the play the game on? I thought maybe we'd know now that the shop has been added? I'm not willing to spend money on it until I know it's going to be of use to me.

Thanks.

El Sloth

Banned
Played someone that was of a higher rank than me and managed to beat them. Of course, they dc'd before the points could apply. I queue up another match and it's the same person! I was hoping for sweet revenge, but they dc'd before the match started.

Hoping for some practice with peeps in lobbies this weekend. CFN: Sanzen
You on right now?

HardRojo

This is a match I had in casuals earlier today. I think my Nash is improving little by little, though this Laura didn't really give me much trouble, other than eating a stupid cross-up in the first round. I'm trying to implement frame traps and shimmies in my game more often, but I also need to be able to mix it up a bit.

Nash vs Laura

I'm ready for Guile! Looking forward to the game's first pure zoner. I'm also thinking his st. fierce would be a great CC, though I'm wondering how he'll link his CC's into Flash Kick. Guess we'll see.

Same here bro. That's been my main since sf2. But during his absence i have used charlie but i don't dig sfv charlie. So i really hope they keep him similar to his SF2 style which almost always been anyway.

Xeteh

So I have Nash's 8th, Bison's 9th and Ken's 10th left for trials. I can't seem to combo b.mk with lp tragedy assault, Bison's 9th hurts my brain and my inputs are so imprecise that I throw DPs instead of Hados for Ken's combo. I'll get them eventually, if I can do Karin's 6th I can do anything.

What does "honest" mean in terms of characters? I'm not sure I follow?

As much as I love T&A, I wish we had just gotten Sean instead.

Capcom obv only uses story when it's a convenient justification for them, who cares.

I really dislike a lot of the 3S cast. Sean is no exception. As much as I hate fighting against Laura, there's no question in my mind that she's the better choice (for me) when it comes to V's roster.

Vice

Characters that don't have anything ambiguous, overly advantageous, overly reliable or slightly unfair. Mostly people just say it when they talk about how their character isn't too good or how their character is "honest" compared to the rest of the cast. Doesn't really mean anything though since everyone has some gimmicks that they use to help win.

I just read about the level 50 color. Capcom is just killing me here. I don't even know if I'll reach level 40 with my main Karin. Capcom went all out with ease of gameplay, but everything else about this game screams hardcore down to the very ini files of this game.

Jesus
Hmmm...

*Characters that don't have extremely strong mix up options with a high rate of success for little work
*Characters that don't have insane damage output for very little work
*Characters that don't have unnecessarily high health or stun
*Characters that don't have too many tools (think Ryu with parries, an invincible DP and guard breaking fireballs)
*Characters in this game that don't have too many normals with positive frame advantage on top of big hitboxes

There is a Goldilocks zone for BS and weakness in all fighters even if people don't want to admit it. I think Karin and Sim are definite honest characters even if Sim is a really weird character with some seemingly overly strong tools. Ryu at one time could have been considered honest, but having a parry available at all times on top of huge damage and invunlerable DP is a hell of an advantage. Even Alex only has parries available during his V-Trigger. I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that no one (not always because Sasquatch, Phoenix and Jon Talbain exist lol) should feel bad about playing really strong characters and everyone has their own way of fighting. Low tier heroes make the best of a situation and some strong players like to play their strong characters in ways that few others might even if they would be stronger by being super cheap.
Didn't realize you could control how far Alex' cr.HP goes. Nice
Are you talking about his stun gun headbutt?

Zerojul

My god you guys were serious about Karin's trial number 6. Shit was really painful, managed to luck it out after a zillion tries. I don't even understand what was so hard about it, retrospectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom