• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

So uh... Do other Rookies exist in ranked? I just got demoted and on a losing streak and it keeps giving me 700+ LP people to go up against. Isn't there any MMR system to the game or does it just pair people based on no metrics?

Yesterday I was doing fine... But today I just can't keep up with people.

cordy

Banned
S2's probably going to be

- Akuma
- Sakura
- Azam
- Viper
- Oro
- Necro or Q

Only ones I'm not sure about is that last one but the others are pretty safe bets.

Tripon

CPT has no rules on dlc characters. Just tournament determines how long a new DLC character will be banned. Usually, it's at least a couple of weeks, but considering we don't know when Dlc will drop I would like to see new characters be immediately eligible for tourney play.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
New eyebrows (courtesy Rashid):
Any better?

Going to make them the same colour as Ken's hair btw.

It's the length of his jaw and his eyes being so big that give him that ratty look. Smaller eyes and a longer jaw would make him look less like an evil dark souls npc. Thinner eyebrows and at hint of a depression where his forehead and the bridge of his nose meet would help a little too.

joe2187

Banned

- Akuma
- Sakura
- Azam
- Viper
- Oro
- Necro or Q

Only ones I'm not sure about is that last one but the others are pretty safe bets.

Necro?

really? Im assuming they're trying to forget Necro, Twelve, and Remy.

Im going to bet that Dudley will make it into the second season with Makoto being a possibility.

It's the length of his jaw and his eyes being so big that give him that ratty look. Smaller eyes and a longer jaw would make him look less like an evil dark souls npc. Thinner eyebrows and at hint of a depression where his forehead and the bridge of his nose meet would help a little too.
Cool, I'll try and give those a try :)

FluxWaveZ

nadeshiko01.jpg

Name: Yasha Nadeshiko
Height: 171cm
Weight: 72kg
Blood type: A
Birthday: July 13
Home Country: Japan
Favorite things: brutality
Dislikes: Rainbow Mika

Nadeshiko going to do a heel turn?

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-99843.html

Weird.

Also, I wish Nadeshiko had a slight change when Mika changed costumes as well. If Mika isn't wearing the default costume, Nadeshiko will always have her default outfit as well as the default colors.

From what I heard it is a CPT rule, not entirely sure though.

Explains why they released Alex so late in the month if they didn't want players who wanted to main him not be able to use him at a CPT event. There shouldn't be too many back to back majors like that so hopefully we will get characters more towards the beginning of the month instead of the day before last.

Xeteh

Weird.

Also, I wish Nadeshiko had a slight change when Mika changed costumes as well. If Mika isn't wearing the default costume, Nadeshiko will always have her default outfit as well as the default colors.

Yeah, it makes sense because they'd have to do double the work anytime Mika gets a new costume... still a huge bummer though.

The heel turn explains why she beats Mika up after a win, though. She's breaking her down a few back slaps at a time.

cordy

Banned
Necro?

Im going to bet that Dudley will make it into the second season with Makoto being a possibility.

I think Necro has a possibility because he's a weird wild card rather than a majorly known character. Dudley has a chance however, same with Makoto but I'd say Dudley more than her so possibly him over Necro. I was hesitating whether to put Dudley there but he works.

Season 2 needs to be at least 1/3 new characters. They've done them right so far, let's keep the ball rolling.

Hoping we avoid another Shoto Fighter IV.

Kalentan

I.. I need to take a break. Or else I'm going to fucking have nightmares about Ryu and Ken doing freaking Shoryuken. I despise that attack. So stupid.

Lost like... 14 or 15 today it feels like and won 2.

Sorry for all my bitching... I just sometimes need to say something.

Tripon

I.. I need to take a break. Or else I'm going to fucking have nightmares about Ryu and Ken doing freaking Shoryuken. I despise that attack. So stupid.

Lost like... 14 or 15 today it feels like and won 2.

DPs in this game are actually pretty unsafe. Bait it, then punish. By bait it, try to be aware of the spacing that the DP has for Ryu and Ken, and try to step just outside of it so the other player isn't aware that you're expecting it. You can do this by either dashing back or walking backwards.

Most importantly, make sure you are blocking. Defense in SFV is still really undeveloped and if I had to take a guess, your defense is lacking.

Kalentan

DPs in this game are actually pretty unsafe. Bait it, then punish. By bait it, try to be aware of the spacing that the DP has for Ryu and Ken, and try to step just outside of it so the other player isn't aware that you're expecting it. You can do this by either dashing back or walking backwards.

Most importantly, make sure you are blocking. Defense in SFV is still really undeveloped and if I had to take a guess, your defense is lacking.

Half the time I feel like blocking doesn't even work. I will hold back and nothing.

- Akuma
- Sakura
- Azam
- Viper
- Oro
- Necro

As much as I want to see Necro, I feel he'll show up in Season 3.

I feel Viper/Akuma are 100% for the next round. Oro would be ace.

I'm also expecting Ed to show up in S2. Especially since he's popped up in the character stories. He'll likely appear in the actual story mode, I bet.

I'm also expecting Ed to show up in S2. Especially since he's popped up in the character stories. He'll likely appear in the actual story mode, I bet.

Is Ed the "Eisbahn" character alluded to in the pre-alpha backgrounds? He wears a similar hoodie in story mode, right?

DGnfwCi.jpg

iGMmzSK.jpg

Ryce

- Akuma
- Sakura
- Azam
- Viper
- Oro
- Necro or Q

Akuma and Sakura are probably the biggest names missing from the game, so it would definitely benefit Capcom to release them as soon as possible. This game needs all the help it can get.

Xeteh

Woooo, got Normal Survival done with Mika's story costume. Full health and Defense 2 made that a lot less stressful.

kirblar

Necro?

Necro was almost certainly cut from SFxT. (Bryan has his model.) He's probably one they'd like to do, he's got a reference in Rashid's story mode.

Remy/Twelve though? Yeah, no shot.

Ryce

Necro was almost certainly cut from SFxT. (Bryan has his model.)
That's not true at all. They have sort of similar stances, but that doesn't mean anything. A Tekken character wouldn't serve as a replacement for a Street Fighter character, and Bryan is so iconic that he would've been included no matter what.

SmokeMaxX

Akuma and Sakura are probably the biggest names missing from the game, so it would definitely benefit Capcom to release them as soon as possible. This game needs all the help it can get.

And Blanka. I'd buy so many
$10
copies of SFV if he were in.

cordy

Banned

I think Ed will be in S3. I say we'll get Azam for S2 and save Ed for S3 that way we can have a new character in each season.

Definitely agree.

I think Ed will be in S3. I say we'll get Azam for S2 and save Ed for S3 that way we can have a new character in each season.

Azam is just a butler that ties to Rashid, and has history with Zangief.

Ed is actually a new threat within Shadaloo, who'll most likely pop up in the story mode coming in the future.

I don't see Azam coming before Ed, unless they both end up popping up together.

Xeteh

Based off of the pre-release stuff like his trailer I figured I'd never be interest in Necalli but he's a lot of fun. I'm messing around with him in survival and he's pretty cool.

BlizzKrut

Banned

Ed is actually a new threat within Shadaloo, who'll most likely pop up in the story mode coming in the future.

Azam looks like a full ready to fight character, Ed is a kid.

Azam for Season 2 please.

cordy

Banned

Azam's been shown in a lot more stories than Ed has. Out of all the characters who aren't in the game but were in story mode, we've seen him the most compared to any other character. I'd be highly surprised if he's not in S2.

Azam looks like a full ready to fight character, Ed is a kid.

Azam for Season 2 please.

Umm, what does that have to do with anything? Lol

Considering the fact that we had characters like Sakura, Karin, Makoto and Ibuki. :p

Especially since Ibuki is confirmed to be in SFV, she's going to be younger than her SFIII self.

Mediking

Haven't heard nothing from Capcom or Sony about the update killing the fact I have a Season Pass...

Do I REALLY hafta buy another Season Pass?!?!?!

Mediking

What did it do to your season pass? I'm not I understand?

The game doesn't recognize I have a Season Pass anymore. It won't let me select Alex's premium costume... the bonus for having a Season Pass. BEFORE I had the update... the game recognized I had the season Pass because I got the bonus stuff like avatars and a Chun theme.

But after the update?

Season Pass is gone.

This is a glitch and not enough Season Pass owners on PS4 to say something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom