• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azam's been shown in a lot more stories than Ed has. Out of all the characters who aren't in the game but were in story mode, we've seen him the most compared to any other character. I'd be highly surprised if he's not in S2.

He's popped up in SFIV, in Balrog's ending.

ed-sf4.jpg

They could have just not used him, but he's popped up again in SFV. He clearly has a purpose now since he's still around. And just like with Decapre showing up in the actual story mode, I know they'll show him off more there.

I dunno, that's just my reasoning. We'll see in the future.

They better not fuck up Urien.

As long as he has Aegis Reflector and Chariot juggles.

I'm honestly excited for him, it just sucks that the wait will be long.

Xeteh

Messing around with Nash doing survival and there's just something about slow characters (slow movement, I mean) that I can't deal with. I need to dash more but I end up moving a bit before remembering that Nash is super slow.

They could make it like cammy's where you get two of them per V trigger.

Man that drives me nuts. I'm not good enough at the game to know whether or not its good but I'm not a fan of Cammy's VTrigger (it looks awesome though) and I super overuse her VSkill while knowing I shouldn't.

J-Skee

I really wanna unlock colors for all the characters so that when people come over to play, they have more options, but holy crap is Survival tedious as hell.

qcf x2

S2's probably going to be

- Akuma
- Sakura
- Azam
- Viper
- Oro
- Necro or Q

Only ones I'm not sure about is that last one but the others are pretty safe bets.

This would make me happy. Only one character I would give absolutely no shits about. RE: Necro, I've said it since we first saw demo footage of SFV, this game feels like a good fit for him. I think Sean is safer for S2 and maybe Necro or Viper for S3? Though the truth is I'd prefer they slide Akuma to S3 as the headliner.

Akuma and Sakura are probably the biggest names missing from the game, so it would definitely benefit Capcom to release them as soon as possible. This game needs all the help it can get.

I really hope Capcom gives the game the help it needs in the form of actually providing a full/functional/sensible product with some decent PR. The last thing I want to see them do is try to boost sales by switching the DLC character plans to fit their already shoddy market data. If this game turns into another SSF2 circle jerk I'm out.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Messing around with Nash doing survival and there's just something about slow characters (slow movement, I mean) that I can't deal with. I need to dash more but I end up moving a bit before remembering that Nash is super slow.

Okay, good to hear I'm not the only one. Getting used to the rythm of his movement speed has put me off from using him at all outside of finishing his Trials. Just totally messes up my sense of timing. On the flip side, characters like Cammy seem too airy and light. They lack weight in my hands so its an opposite adjustment. Well, it's probably all in my head anyway since I do use Vega.

The game doesn't recognize I have a Season Pass anymore. It won't let me select Alex's premium costume... the bonus for having a Season Pass. BEFORE I had the update... the game recognized I had the season Pass because I got the bonus stuff like avatars and a Chun theme.

But after the update?

Season Pass is gone.

This is a glitch and not enough Season Pass owners on PS4 to say something about it.

Restore the license on your PS4. Go into settings/licenses.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Man that drives me nuts. I'm not good enough at the game to know whether or not its good but I'm not a fan of Cammy's VTrigger (it looks awesome though) and I super overuse her VSkill while knowing I shouldn't.

It has pretty good utility. It may not be the flashiest but it definitely has its uses.

Xeteh

Okay, good to hear I'm not the only one. Getting used to the rythm of his movement speed has put me off from using him at all outside of finishing his Trials. Just totally messes up my sense of timing. On the flip side, characters like Cammy seem too airy and light. They lack weight in my hands so its an opposite adjustment. Well, it's probably all in my head anyway since I do use Vega.

Yeah, playing Nash just feels super weird to me. His slow movement just doesn't work with how I play. Cammy is someone who I've played a ton and her movement feels perfect, its part of the reason I like Mika because she feels similar. Slow characters just feel really strange to me.

It has pretty good utility. It may not be the flashiest but it definitely has its uses.

Yeah, I absolutely agree on that. It just feels like a bummer that you lose half of it if you try to dive kick with Cannon Strike. Idk, like I said I'm in no position to argue balance but it just feels like a weak VTrigger to me. I wish it was better because that VTrigger Spiral Arrow in to Cannon Spike looks so good but because of how much meter that causes a lot of people will opt out of the CSpike in hopes of getting more use out of it.

Rektash

Looks like night is when the RQers come out of their holes. Got RQed on twice in the past 10 minutes. Both times some silver league trash tier players.

Both times in the final round of match 2. Guess people can't take the 0-2!

Paltheos

God fucking dammit. I made into late 30s for Bison's Hard Survival, the farthest I've gotten, and I'm disconnected from the server. Why, oh why, does this need to be connected to online, Capcom? Why?!

Retsu looks awesome with just that added beard. I'm still wanting him to appear one day.

I also love that Goutetsu design.

Lee portrayed as a drunken character is cool as well.

Xeteh

What do you do vs Vega's jump then grab? The one where he flings himself at you from above? Just dash under?

Dash or whatever anti-air you have. You play Mika, right? Her c.MP might be rough to time, if it is just dash. You basically need to treat it like a jump in.

It doesn't work. I've done it a million times. I'm gonna buy the Season Pass... AGAIN.

Don't give them another $30 while its broken. Contact Sony, even if it takes a few days. See if they can sort it out first.

Palom

I can't figure out how to cheese the AI in Survival with Mika. I'm just trying to do Normal, and the last 5 stages just block everything and anti-air jump-ins. I have basically no experience with her, though; just trying to farm fight money.

It doesn't work. I've done it a million times. I'm gonna buy the Season Pass... AGAIN.
DONT do that lol, just call Skny or use their web chat
Dash or whatever anti-air you have. You play Mika, right? Her c.MP might be rough to time, if it is just dash. You basically need to treat it like a jump in.
Yeah. I'll give that a try, thanks :)
I can't figure out how to cheese the AI in Survival with Mika. I'm just trying to do Normal, and the last 5 stages just block everything and anti-air jump-ins. I have basically no experience with her, though; just trying to farm fight money.
I was just jump in hK crouch hP dash back repeat but it doesn't seem to work so good anymore :/

Demoli

What do you do vs Vega's jump then grab? The one where he flings himself at you from above? Just dash under?

If Vega barcelonas over you without it being an ex you can just jump into him and jab him out of it with your character's specific anti.air air button. In the case of Ryu, its MP.

If you did a slow wake up and he's barceloning then try an invincible uppercut, otherwise he will grab you most of the times.

Characters with screen wide dashes like rashid, Laura and ken can dash out of it since he has to commit to an arc. Bison and Vegas own Sweep also take them far enough for this.

If its a naked ex Barcelona, its way harder cause even with anti airs, the grab range is big enough that he can usually grab you. Backwards jump into buttons may work if he didnt commit the full arc, but again, it's harder.

If you fast wake up though, he can always counter a non-ex Barcelona, and even get a good punish depending on characters.

Xeteh

Cammy's 10th trial is giving me fits.

I have no idea how I cracked Karin's 6th so easily, and yet Cammy and Alex are proving impossible for me.

Cammy's is rough but the hardest part is obviously the Cannon Strike after the VTrigger, best advice I can give is as you're using VTrigger, just hold Up+Forward and hit kick asap.

mollipen

S2's probably going to be

- Akuma
- Sakura
- Azam
- Viper
- Oro
- Necro or Q

Only ones I'm not sure about is that last one but the others are pretty safe bets.

I really can't wait until Akuma gets added to the game.

Because, if there's one gigantic flaw the game currently has, it's those weirdos I fight against now and then who don't play Ken or Ryu. Once he's added, my online competitor will finally be nothing but shotos!

Don't be insane.

oh-hohoho. It's too late. I'm making declarative, hyperbolic statements & I think I like it!

Here's the thing - I don't think neither Necalli or Alex are too far off from some of the other cast members. In fact, my opinion of Necalli has gotten much better in the last 2 weeks. Partially cause i've gotten better, also cause his jab is so ludicrous. And i've gotten more mileage out of his dive kick (although not as much as i'd hope).

Alex is different though. So much of his kit can be found in Birdie, without any of the drawbacks Alex has.I did read the post I was guided to, and some of those tools do sound promising. I'll keep working on it.

I think you just need to accept that you're not very good with these characters.

I've actually gotten quite good with Necalli. Like I said, he's pretty decent now. I've grown to understand certain things in his kit that really helped me up my game.

oh-hohoho. It's too late. I'm making declarative, hyperbolic statements & I think I like it!

Here's the thing - I don't think neither Necalli or Alex are too far off from some of the other cast members. In fact, my opinion of Necalli has gotten much better in the last 2 weeks. Partially cause i've gotten better, also cause his jab is so ludicrous. And i've gotten more mileage out of his dive kick (although not as much as i'd hope).

Alex is different though. So much of his kit can be found in Birdie, without any of the drawbacks Alex has.I did read the post I was guided to, and some of those tools do sound promising. I'll keep working on it.

I know this was posted before but it is so funny and true based on some post in this thread.

https://youtu.be/uZ7M7wGYFzw

I'm no high level player but Alex seems pretty good to me.

Edzi

I've actually gotten quite good with Necalli. Like I said, he's pretty decent now. I've grown to understand certain things in his kit that really helped me up my game.

So don't you think you should stop dismissing characters so quickly and writing big walls of text about how they're the worst?

Tripon

I don't know.man. I think F.A.N.G is still at the bottom, but that's because his gimmicks are being figured out fast and his damage output sucks in a game where can fucking take away half your life bar in 5 seconds.

But that doesn't mean that He's ass.

Is Capcom trying to make me have a heart attack? I want all these characters.

Source

It makes me really happy to know that these characters are at least on Capcom's mind, enough to get new concepts drawn up. I hope we see them in SFV eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom