• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

Alex's "parry":

If you press HP+HK, you get a Sledge Hammer. You cannot "parry" on its own.

If an attack touches Alex as you are charging the Sledge Hammer, you get a parry. If you are still holding HP+HK when your parry is finished recovering, you get a Sledge Hammer.

If you release HP+HK before the recovery of the parry finishes, he simply returns to idle.

So to parry multiple attacks, do you need to cancel your first Sledge Hammer, or just hold it down?

DD-11

Anyone up for some matches? I'm pretty scrubby and will be playing a variety of characters. West Coast but I find north America to be pretty solid.

nded

02_bengusconcept41t.jpg

Is this... Mika's partner? She looks cool.

That's apparently Yasha Nadeshiko, Yamato's heel persona and Mika's wrasslin' rival.

That you, Q?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Even knowing about the slight move forward... I had a shitload of trouble getting the right timing in. I'd end up doing his F+HP iirc over and over instead of the foward movement before s.HP.

My biggest weakness are my poor inputs.

I hear ya. Chun's #10 has me stuck for now. Karin I haven't gone back to yet.

You can see Karin's belly in her alt costume.

sgl1nOr.png
^-^

If you want Karin mirror practice, my CFN is EtrianOddity. I'm always down for studying Karin, be it footage or playing another Karin user.

I don't think that matters. I could say I'm a Karin main but my inputs are garbage, learning how to combo in a just frame Tenko in to Orochi is far more than just picking Karin as a character. :(
I think it just correlates to successfully piloting her. Tenko/Orochi is so important to her strategy that our fingers are used to it. Karin 6 is tough for those who don't main Karin; but it wasn't really that tough for us apparently.
Even though I can't finish Cammy or Alex still. @_@

Xeteh

I think it just correlates to successfully piloting her. Tenko/Orochi is so important to her strategy that our fingers are used to it. Karin 6 is tough for those who don't main Karin; but it wasn't really that tough for us apparently.
Even though I can't finish Cammy or Alex still. @_@

Yeah, that's crazy to me. Alex was zero issue for me to finish within a few tries... Cammy's 10th was rough but doable. Like I said about Karin's 6th, it took me ~3 hours. I wouldn't be surprised if it took me longer than that.

Anyone up for some matches? I'm pretty scrubby and will be playing a variety of characters. West Coast but I find north America to be pretty solid.

I'm a baddie but I'm down, west coast as well. Xetehlol on CFN

HardRojo

The no-chip-kill-from-specials rule has spoiled me lol. I tried playing some SF4 earlier and I just stood there waiting to block a hadoken while I had almost no life left. When I got KO'd I was like
nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

To parry multiple attacks, tap HP+HK as you recover from each parry. Each must be done individually.
Hey Juice! How does the initial parry work exactly? Does Alex automatically parry one hit when he's charging HP+HK? I've tried hitting him out of it a couple of times and got parried, then punished since I don't know how it works.

DD-11

Yeah, that's crazy to me. Alex was zero issue for me to finish within a few tries... Cammy's 10th was rough but doable. Like I said about Karin's 6th, it took me ~3 hours. I wouldn't be surprised if it took me longer than that.

I'm a baddie but I'm down, west coast as well. Xetehlol on CFN

Sweet. Give me a minute

Trickster

Well, I've had a shit last 24 hours in this game. dropped like 800lp and can't see to do well in any matches except where it's like a 2k player or something. Feels like everyone does a great job defending agains't me, while I on the other hand do absolute garbage when it comes to defending or punishing, fml.

Oh and of course it doesn't help that I've been trying to clear hard mode survival at the same time, fuck that shit so hard, I goddamn wish whoever greenlit the idea of making players go through that shit for colors was forced to complete hard mode for all the characters and each outfit before being eligible for his/her next paycheck.

I'm off to bed, good fucking night people.

Spman2099

Something needs to be done about these colours being tied to survival mode. I just panicked while in the forties and lost the last half hour of my life. This has been going on for too long.

I legitimately want to fight the person who decided this was the right decision at Capcom. Even if they are super buff, and a talented fighter. Even if they mess me up real bad. Just landing a single punch on their face would be incredibly gratifying. It would be worth it. I am not a violent person. This mode is making me a violent person.

Renekton

Something needs to be done about these colours being tied to survival mode. I just panicked while in the forties and lost the last half hour of my life. This has been going on for too long.

I legitimately want to fight the person who decided this was the right decision at Capcom. Even if they are super buff, and a talented fighter. Even if they mess me up real bad. Just landing a single punch on their face would be incredibly gratifying. It would be worth it. I am not a violent person. This mode is making me a violent person.
I spent half of Saturday trying to unlock SF2 color for Ryu story costume.

It's pure RNG man, I got it at the very last try when bosses 42-50 decided not to AA much and the game blessed me with 25K health supplements at the last 2 rounds.

DD-11

Yeah but she's my main, you played multiple characters. You had my number.

They were good games, though. I'm always down to play.

I only play those guys with any confidence. Yeah, I added you to my friends list. I'll keep an eye out. Good games, your Cammy corner combo is nice.

Xeteh

lol, I really don't think I'm gonna learn anything in a Mika match Sixty.

I drunkenly challenged SixFortyFive to a first to 10. I won one round. Out of 21 possible rounds... I took one. NEVER AGAIN.

I only play those guys with any confidence. Yeah, I added you to my friends list. I'll keep an eye out. Good games, your Cammy corner combo is nice.

Thanks man, they were fun matches regardless of the result. Feel free to invite me whenever you see me on.

Edzi

Hm, Mika seems like kind of a bullshit matchup for Alex (well, moreso than usual. :p). He can't take the pressure. One touch and I'm in the corner and dead.

I drunkenly challenged SixFortyFive to a first to 10. I won one round. Out of 21 possible rounds... I took one. NEVER AGAIN.

Thanks man, they were fun matches regardless of the result. Feel free to invite me whenever you see me on.

Lol, I don't think I'll ever have more than a 50/50 shot against a Mika, no matter how good I get.

Spman2099

Hm, Mika seems like kind of a bullshit matchup for Alex (well, moreso than usual. :p). He can't take the pressure. One touch and I'm in the corner and dead.

So, I have made it known that I am less than sold on Alex. I am also an R. Mika main. I also think that R. Mika is a very solid character. However, I do think that Alex's pokes do a fantastic job of shutting her down before she can ever get started. Her limbs are just SO stumpy.

That is just my take.

Edzi

So, I have made it known that I am less than sold on Alex. I am also an R. Mika main. I also think that R. Mika is a very solid character. However, I do think that Alex's pokes do a fantastic job of shutting her down before she can ever get started. Her limbs are just SO stumpy.

That is just my take.

Doesn't really matter though. She just needs one hit and you're in the corner, where it likely means death. :(

DD-11

Haha that's foolish. Just reading his posts I know better than that. I'm sure you learned something though.

Edzi

Froze again, Six.

Once she gets going, Alex isn't in a good place. That is true.

It just seems a bit lopsided, where I have to play perfectly to keep her out, but once she gets a single hit I'm pretty much toast. Though I guess you can say that about any matchup against Mika.

I really hate her. -___-

Nudull

Banned
So, was one of the lucky few that caught the Amazon price error yesterday. I loved SF4, so jumping into Survival Mode to get a feel should be fun, yeah?

LegendX48

So, was one of the lucky few that caught the Amazon price error yesterday. I loved SF4, so jumping into Survival Mode to practice mode should be fun, yeah?

Survival Mode is the devil's plaything... Don't do it if you value your sanity and controller(s)!!!!! Or just really want a few colors for a single costume.

Practice is good though.

DD-11

So, was one of the lucky few that caught the Amazon price error yesterday. I loved SF4, so jumping into Survival Mode to practice mode should be fun, yeah?

Survival on easy and normal are fine. A little cheap in the upper twenties but not too bad.

Edzi

I'm done Six. Playing against Mika just isn't very fun and I honestly don't feel like I learn much from my matches against her. Even the few I won just felt like luck.

GGs though, your Mika is too good. My Necalli did alright against her I think, but I can't figure out anything with Alex.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

The two of them seem kind of similar in theory. Somewhere between grappler and rushdown status, no real reversal, and even an f.HP crush counter that's plus on block.

In comparison, Alex seems to gain slightly more stamina, power, and reach at the loss of bullshit V-Trigger mixups.

Edzi

The two of them seem kind of similar in theory. Somewhere between grappler and rushdown status, no real reversal, and even an f.HP crush counter that's plus on block.

In comparison, Alex seems to gain slightly more stamina, power, and reach at the loss of bullshit V-Trigger mixups.

She seems better in almost every way though, no? The speed helps her way more than the slight damage advantage Alex has. Dunno, but I'm gonna keep working on my Alex and hopefully figure him out.

Mika is the only matchup in this game that I can never learn anything from. I get steam rolled from one touch, and if I win it's because of dumb luck. I just hate the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom