• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

What is the difference between them? What input is needed for the EWGF? o_o

I guess the same difference that in Tekken, WGF hits high, while EWGF hits mid and is faster but it requires perfect frame/timing execution.
I am just guessing here, but that is the way it is in Tekken.

while EWGF hits mid and is faster but it requires perfect frame/timing execution.
I am just guessing here, but that is the way it is in Tekken.

I wished EWGF would still hit mid, bastards keep ducking it in T6. :p

But nah it's not. EWGF gives you this greater pushback on block making it safe from standing punishes provided you didn't whiff. WGF does not.

EDIT: Oh hey someone already did a differences video on it for SFxT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNuYLw_NJVw

Something I've never understood about Vega: What is the point of non-ex Rolling Crystal Flash? It has a higher charge time and startup, does sub-optimal damage, has no special properties and is punishable on block.

I mean in this game you can switch cancel the HP version and get a mixup, but just in general.

edit: Isn't Megaman out today?

Tizoc

Something I've never understood about Vega: What is the point of non-ex Rolling Crystal Flash? It has a higher charge time and startup, does sub-optimal damage, has no special properties and is punishable on block.

I mean in this game you can switch cancel the HP version and get a mixup, but just in general.

edit: Isn't Megaman out today?

Grace Chen hasn't given the OK to update PSN yet.

The lp version can be useful for catching people out walking towards you.

If you don't have any EX bar stock, people won't be expecting any EX wall dive stuff, so they often think it's safe to walk towards you when at fullscreen distance for example - the single roll of the lp version catches a lot of people out and covers a long distance, especially if you hide the charge with a 3xK flip.

Can work this way as anti air too. This is in AE obviously.

I wished EWGF would still hit mid, bastards keep ducking it in T6. :p

But nah it's not. EWGF gives you this greater pushback on block making it safe from standing punishes provided you didn't whiff. WGF does not.

EDIT: Oh hey someone already did a differences video on it for SFxT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNuYLw_NJVw

I've skipped a couple of Tekkens so I didn't know his EWGF changed, that's bad, it would have been nice to bring in the intricacies and rewards of Kazuya's old EWGF

Has anyone tried out those Xiaoyu combos with stance canceled sweep juggles? Just curious how tough it is to do and I don't have my stick here to try it.

I've skipped a couple of Tekkens so I didn't know his EWGF changed, that's bad, it would have been nice to bring in the intricacies and rewards of Kazuya's old EWGF

Into the later Tekkens? That would make him horribly broken hahaha. I guess you can't really duck EWGFs in SFxT so he should be fine.

Is there a difference in motion for WGF vs EWGF?

Nope. f,n,d,df+2. Or MP or whatever else they assigned it to in the game. WGF is just a failure in inputting a EWGF correctly.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Awesome, I don't mind to fight those players who have new characters. I am pleased with how better I am now but I'm still scrub in some sense. I won 15 or 16 in row until I bumped into godly Hugo.

Also I didn't know that there are Akuma and Orge cinematic trailer, so can anyone help me to find ALL cinematic trailer with 1080 HD quality to download. (honestly, I am bitter about the game not having gallery mode.)

Skilletor

What is the difference between them? What input is needed for the EWGF? o_o

The (true) ewgf in this pushes back on block, launches the opponent closer to you, does 100 damage (instead of the 70 of the normal version), and has a purple hue on the lightning when you do it.

The push block is huge, and pushes them back about a back dash distance away. Input is the same as in Tekken.

zlatko

Banned
I like the music in this game a lot. Surprise track is the one that plays when you are picking which trial you want to do for a character.

LowParry

GGs with Rice Eater. We just played and beat each other with Kazuya the whole time. Learned a lot of what I could do with mix up block strings. Ugh, the sound was throwing me off because I kept hearing hit confirms when it was actually blocked. Really throws off my game. And I had no idea (haven't done Kaz's trials) I could hell sweep into his godfist with Kaz (wind step, MK, LP).

Imm0rt4l

I really dislike the pitstop 109 stage, it's not so much the background, but the obnoxious jpopy music that starts in the 2nd round. Cosmic elevator>>>

Ccrook = Low Parry, right?

GG man, I used Ryu at first but decided to stay with Kaz the rest of the way. I didn't mean for you to not switch or anything like that, but I decided the best way to learn the character is to play him exclusively even if that means getting hammered. Luckily for me you recognized this and decided to play good ol' 1v1 for the most part. I really like how you used all his unique attacks and dash ins to get in and pressure. I guess you caught on that cr. MK>LK Rising Sun might be safe on block because I spammed the hell out of that. I also notice that you refuse to get hit by Slaughter Hook so you ate probably 100 cr. MK>LK rising sun's in our set :p

Another thing, neither of us were doing follow ups after Rising Uppercut. We both could have done st. HP > Demon God Fist for a lot more damage but neither of use completed it the entire match. So we still have a lot of work to do.

LowParry

Ccrook = Low Parry, right?

GG man, I used Ryu at first but decided to stay with Kaz the rest of the way. I didn't mean for you to not switch or anything like that, but I decided the best way to learn the character is to play him exclusively even if that means getting hammered. Luckily for me you recognized this and decided to play good ol' 1v1 for the most part. I really like how you used all his unique attacks and dash ins to get in and pressure. I guess you caught on that cr. MK>LK Rising Sun might be safe on block because I spammed the hell out of that. I also notice that you refuse to get hit by Slaughter Hook so you ate 100 cr. MK>LK rising sun's in our set :p

The last bit I was just going for back dashes and it seemed to work out. Though I think I could of just gone with this LP, LP, MP for punish if the numbers add up right. But yeah, I was liking the 1v1 aspect. I had my few tag ins but that was just a dumb accident. I need more shoto experience to play against though. I thought of switch to Vega but nah, the 1v1 worked out good.

I kept doing SF4 stuff with Kaz and it was hard to break the habit. I've been practicing hit confirms with Kaz a lot but forgot it all during our match. When you messaged me, I kept practicing slaughter hook, mist step, dragon uppercut, low spin kick to maximize damage after a slaughter hook but I didn't land that once in our set. But I'm still loving the character so far. It's going to take time but I'm set on sticking with Kaz and trying to break my shoto habits that I bring with me to every other character I ever try to play.

LowParry

We'll have to play again some time then. Was the connection good for ya cause I thought it was pretty legit. Ugh, the Street Fighter terms for Kaz moves still bother me cause it's not what I'm used to reading.

Couple things I like to do, start up your combo with a cr.mk or mp > Slaughter Hook > cr.mk or mp > EX Slaughter Hook > cr.mk Devastator. Though Devastator only connects in the corner. I'm wonder if you can connect with the Mist Step MK > LP. I'll have to play around with it some more later.

Guanoape

Neo Member
I'm done with Bison in this game. Even though he still has great pokes/footsies, he has no more pressure/rushdown, no damage, and most important, no answer to people holding downback. The scissor kick and throw range nerf pretty much neutered his game. Time to find a new character to go with Nina I guess.

Venfayth

Oh, I'm at work now so I can't check:

Someone told me that megaman/pacman unlock today, is this true? Also, do we have any idea of when colors can be downloaded?

zlatko

Banned
We'll have to play again some time then. Was the connection good for ya cause I thought it was pretty legit. Ugh, the Street Fighter terms for Kaz moves still bother me cause it's not what I'm used to reading.

Couple things I like to do, start up your combo with a cr.mk or mp > Slaughter Hook > cr.mk or mp > EX Slaughter Hook > cr.mk Devastator. Though Devastator only connects in the corner. I'm wonder if you can connect with the Mist Step MK > LP. I'll have to play around with it some more later.

That combo is leaving some damage off the table if this is mid screen we are talking about. You can sure start with the Mk/MP poke to confirm to a hook, but go for a crouching HP into ex hook, then do another crouching HP into mist step into kick, into punch. I think I do crouching hp, ex hook, crouching hp, mist, kick, punch.

As far as corner, crouching Hp, hook, crouching hp, ex hook, crouching Hp, step, kick hook. It's almost never viable to burn two meters with him though unless you are going to do a corner combo of cr. hp, hook, cr. hp, hook, cr. hp into super. If you get 3 bars though, it's a shit ton of damage in corner for cr hp, hook, cr hp, ex hook, cr hp, super.

Get dem power gems too. I think I use 1, 3, and #8 so that they always activate in fights and have a great chance to stack up for even more touch of death hurtings.

kitzkozan

I mostly agree with the guy saying: "when we play 1 on 1 it's so boring" (think it was Combofiend voice) , 2 vs 2 is more fun than 1 vs 1 imo. The game just isn't that exciting, even with the juggling and 2 vs 2 bring out the hype since you can make full use of the cross assault feature + potential drama/screwup or one member getting greedy. Imagine for example a team of Daigo and Tokido using cross assault and thus we have their Ryu+Akuma at the same time and Wong end up blocking their epic team setup/combos :p I hope it's going to be the format adopted for the game at EVO as it would also speed up the process and avoid too much overlap with SFIV and Marvel 3.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Pitstop is my least favorite stage, by far.

:mad:

I love the 1st phase music, with its chip tune backing, though I'd agree that the second phase at night goes overboard with the happy hardcore remix. I think the stage needed a 3rd phase with dawn coming around and a more sedate mix.

AEREC

Ive never really completely understood reading frame data in fighting games, I can see how it's more useful in the sprite based SF3 & Alpha (since they are not as smooth and run at a slower framerate) but are people actually able to use this the same way in SF4 when it runs at 60fps and animations are seemingly much smoother?

Is there a good link that basically has a beginners take on analyzing frame data in fighting games..particularly the street fighter series?

Venfayth

Ive never really completely understood reading frame data in fighting games, I can see how it's more useful in the sprite based SF3 & Alpha (since they are not as smooth and run at a slower framerate) but are people actually able to use this the same way in SF4 when it runs at 60fps and animations are seemingly much smoother?

Is there a good link that basically has a beginners take on analyzing frame data in fighting games..particularly the street fighter series?

Frame data is not so much about seeing the frames in the game as it is about knowing what they mean. Knowing that a move is unsafe on block or that one of your moves is safe on block is very, very important.

Teknoman

I noticed the soundtrack has a Last Boss battle SF track. How do you not end up fighting ogre with an original team? Or does the last boss depend on who you have as the first pick (Ogre for SF character, Akuma or Bison(?) for Tekken character)?

LowParry

Get dem power gems too. I think I use 1, 3, and #8 so that they always activate in fights and have a great chance to stack up for even more touch of death hurtings.

I think that's one of my issues is my gem set ups. I'm starting to think the EX gems are not really worth it.

Venfayth

Speaking of gems, I just learned the "connect with launcher" gems actually run and fizzle down while the character who has them active is inactive. :/

Bummer.

Doomshine

TTT was the last tekken with mid EWGFs, in recent tekkens, the difference with WGF and EWGF is that EWGF is safe on block due to pushback, it launches higher, and you recover faster from an EWGF than a WGF.

EWGF is actually +5 on block so it's not the pushback that makes it safe.

zlatko

Banned
I think that's one of my issues is my gem set ups. I'm starting to think the EX gems are not really worth it.

The way I looked at gems is finding ones that are the most likely to activate during a match and ones that are very likely to stack up. So the ones that say 5 attacks you do = +10% damage is solid. That's just going to happen in a fight. However, the one where it's like +10 attacks seems almost redundant to try to stack up with the 5 attacks one. Sure you could get your +20%, but at that point with a character like Kazuya it's almost over kill if you are confirming. +10% can net him 500+ damage combos without meter.

You're right though with ex gems. I used those at first, but then realized they may not activate all the time, and with them taking up 2 slots I was forgoing more opportunies for another to pop during a fight for me.

Top Bottom