• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Teknoman

Speaking of gems, I just learned the "connect with launcher" gems actually run and fizzle down while the character who has them active is inactive. :/

Bummer.

Glad someone else touched on that. I guess its best to just use gems that activate via blocks or normal attacks?

ElFly

Glad someone else touched on that. I guess its best to just use gems that activate via blocks or normal attacks?

I've seen that some of the "connect with a launcher" gems have an equivalent "your partner connects with a launcher" gem, so...why you'd use the other one?

theres gems that are "upon your partner connecting with a launcher"

sometimes i set my 2nd character up for: damage, defense, meter. all that activate as soon as he comes in off of a launcher. so upon coming in, you have 20s to go crazy.

i can possibly see 2 uses for "connect with a launcher". first is obviously if you plan to switch cancel again to tag back in with the juggle reset for an extended combo. or in scramble mode where it might provide an easy way to activate a gem.

Something I've never understood about Vega: What is the point of non-ex Rolling Crystal Flash? It has a higher charge time and startup, does sub-optimal damage, has no special properties and is punishable on block.

I mean in this game you can switch cancel the HP version and get a mixup, but just in general.

edit: Isn't Megaman out today?
More Claw commentary, please! I've not had a chance to get into SFXT but for 15 minutes so far and he's my main. Gotta finish up that space opera finale before I can devote the time this game needs. ;-)

gods beard said:
Something I've never understood about Vega: What is the point of non-ex Rolling Crystal Flash? It has a higher charge time and startup, does sub-optimal damage, has no special properties and is punishable on block.

I mean in this game you can switch cancel the HP version and get a mixup, but just in general.

edit: Isn't Megaman out today?
More Claw commentary, please! I've not had a chance to get into SFXT but for 15 minutes so far and he's my main. Gotta finish up that space opera finale before I can devote the time this game needs. ;-)
use it to switch cancel safely whilst getting a free mixup and pushing them to the corner?

and lp version is -3 on block. its hard to punish that unless you have a 1/2 frame super.

also for switch cancel combos, rolling flash keeps them grounded so you don't have to worry about juggle combos if you were to use scarlet terror instead.

after getting bodied pretty badly by q, i'm gonna try learning new characters one at a time to get some wins/confidence under my belt. ive been using guile and then rotating nina/law. still wish honda would have made the cut, but at least i can hold down+back for half the match now.

Ferrio

Banned
after getting bodied pretty badly by q, i'm gonna try learning new characters one at a time to get some wins/confidence under my belt. ive been using guile and then rotating nina/law. still wish honda would have made the cut, but at least i can hold down+back for half the match now.

BTW Q loves to abuse Snake eyes or whatever that kick move is, it's not a true block string. You can reverse between 2nd and 3rd hit.

Also I think I'm throwing king away. One of my favorite tekken characters, but he just has too many flaws in this game. Maybe I should start throwing his rolling elbow rush in, try to catch people ducking.

Teknoman

Damn...just got destroyed by a guy using Rufus X Raven. Messed up one time and the guy wallbounced/juggled the crap out of me lol. Same happened with a Nina X Lili...then was about to get my points back when a Ryu X Zangeif fight got disconnected...

Sayah

What's the best solution for Dhalsim players that like to run away the whole match and extend their arms and legs from a 20 ft distance?

What's the best solution for Dhalsim players that like to run away the whole match and extend their arms and legs from a 20 ft distance?

if your character doesnt really have any tools to get in (high priority pokes, moves without hurtboxes), it takes some calculated guessing and some randomness.

Sayah

if your character doesnt really have any tools to get in (high priority pokes, moves without hurtboxes), it takes some calculated guessing and some randomness.

I have no clue what high priority pokes or hurt boxes are. >_>

I'm using Nina and Lili right now. Any moves they could have that fall under those categories?

Jenga

Banned
As much as I hate Kazuya, I gotta say, I do respect people who can do EWGF and everything else

they're actually pretty fun to fight

...just sucks if you fuck up once you get hit by a truck

zlatko

Banned
I have no clue what high priority pokes or hurt boxes are. >_>

I'm using Nina and Lili right now. Any moves they could have that fall under those categories?

How do these characters even have that much trouble with Sim?

Can't Nina do her command dash and just not go into the "command" grab to avoid crouching lows. Lili on the other hand should have no damn problem rushing his ass down with all her mobility options.

Sayah

Can't Nina do her command dash and just not go into the "command" grab to avoid crouching lows. Lili on the other hand should have no damn problem rushing his ass down with all her mobility options.

I haven't actually ever used Nina's dash. Isn't the distance too wide even if I do the dash? I'll try it next time I come across a Dhalsim player, though.

My noob ass is having a lot of success with kazuya/hugo, I play a very footsie based game and then do a very simple combo with either and its 40 to 50 percent health gone. I need to step it up and learn better combos though.

Thing I like about my team the most is they both have good AA so I train my opponents to stay out of the air and win easy.

nina - command dash through fireballs then get ready to block, standing mk/hk do not have hurtboxes on the leg that is kicking, try using this against dhalsims jump back fierce punch (hurtbox is an area where your character can get hit and receive damage, so if dhalsim connects hits your standing mk with a punch, you wont get hit theoretically)

Venfayth

I've seen that some of the "connect with a launcher" gems have an equivalent "your partner connects with a launcher" gem, so...why you'd use the other one?

Yeah, I was using both the "connect with launcher" and "your partner connects with launcher" gems. Heh.

AAK

I haven't actually ever used Nina's dash. Isn't the distance too wide even if I do the dash? I'll try it next time I come across a Dhalsim player, though.

Lili's got her punch counter! But I dunno if it's as good as Heihachi's.

Sayah

Lili's got her punch counter! But I dunno if it's as good as Heihachi's.

nina - command dash through fireballs then get ready to block, standing mk/hk do not have hurtboxes on the leg that is kicking, try using this against dhalsims jump back fierce punch (hurtbox is an area where your character can get hit and receive damage, so if dhalsim connects hits your standing mk with a punch, you wont get hit theoretically)

Will try these out. Thanks! :)

Just watching the SRK stream and noticing how similar Ogre is to Seth, his HK is the same axe kick type move - is this Ogre's actual kick from Tekken, or did they just rip this directly from Seth?

Also sick of seeing Rolento constantly poking with standing LP until one isn't blocked then going for the combo into rekkas - it seems to much of his stuff is completely safe, even blocked rekkas - before the game came out I was excited about Rolento, now it seems everyone is going to be using him, I need to find those characters who aren't going to be used by every Tom, Dick and Ryu.

Ferrio

Banned
Just watching the SRK stream and noticing how similar Ogre is to Seth, his HK is the same axe kick type move - is this Ogre's actual kick from Tekken, or did they just rip this directly from Seth?

He was a mashup character, just comprised of a bunch of moves from tekken characters. So kinda fits his lore that he has borrowed moves from Seth.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Has anyone tried out those Xiaoyu combos with stance canceled sweep juggles? Just curious how tough it is to do and I don't have my stick here to try it.

It's tougher than a lot of the combos people are doing now but still not very tough. I'm already reasonably consistent with it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll play later tonight after I settle down. Need to try out new characters and what not. I'm horrible at the game so I need more play time.

Jenga

Banned
Messing around with more characters and I can't believe I've slept on Hwoarang all this time.

This guy just feels good. Adon is my SSF4 main and although I love Law he's not that fast...but Hwoarang makes up for it.

mr_boo

Couple of quick questions....

[1] Do same type gem durations stack? For instance, triggering two 10 sec Speed Gems grant 20 secs.

[2] Is there anyway to turn off Quick Combos? It's annoying as heck when it comes out by accident.

Jenga

Banned
Laws shincrusher can be used to kara into super and spin kicks. I'm trying to work this into my footsies.
spin kicks to make it safe on block, ex ffr to catch reversals, overhead to catch them off guard, or punch *pause* and then kick to punish bad reactions

not kara related but good ways to cover your ass if you fuck up

Jenga

Banned
Hugo fucks me up because I treat him like a grappler. Which he is, but the majority of his damage come from his poke and jump in shenanigans.

mr_boo

I've been using Guile too....but he's a bit of the same old same old...but being able to charge Sonic Booms catch a lot of folks who are jump happy. I just wish his Sonic Kick damage output was a bit better.

Top Bottom