• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

LakeEarth

One thing I don't understand too well sometimes: people saying it is "hard for certain characters to get in." I remember seeing this frequently in SF4, and was sometimes puzzled.

-AA's are not effective like they were in ST.
-Jumps cover so much ground.

It pays off to jump diagonally forward these days, seriously. I played against Ogre last night on the hardest difficulty, he was tagging my SAGAT with jumps if I didn't have at least a half-a-screen distance between us to fire tiger shots. Of course the AI was cheating by reading my inputs, but the point is that jumps are way too effective.

Initially I was thinking of going with a keep-away team of Akuma and someone, now I'm seriously considering sticking to pure rush-down. Anyone want to tell me I'm right or wrong? Need some perspectives here.

I dunno. Anti-airing is harder yes, but it can still be effective. Plus, some characters can continue the anti-air on counterhit and do massive damage from it. Xiao and Juri, for example.

Law is supposed to have shitty anti-airs, but I constantly run into this one guy who is successful at anti-airing me almost every time.

Degen

LOL CAPCOM

OMG, is that easy to unlock the chars?! Feels like lots of people already unlocked them...

/jealous
Not sure what I'd do if somebody brought out a DLC character on Ranked. the salt...

lol, will get those downloadable movelists when they're up, but aren't the moves in SG mostly QCFs and QCBs? Shouldn't take one long to figure out each character's moves by messing in training mode.
I just think it's funny to see the lack of an in-game move list get defended on that level. You know the game is only getting special treatment because it's "indie"

Jenga

Banned
what the fuck is frames on jin's cr.lp? he can mash it out whenever the fuck he wants and it seems to beat everything. you can't even punish a whiffed mental awareness kick because he literally go right to just mashing punch

Let's be real, no in game move list is pretty lame and unprofessional. They shouldn't get a pass for that just because they are "indie". That's pretty standard for fighting games.

SUPARSTARX

Can you do that? Damn.

I duno, there's a few ways. I don't think Jtagged consoles can go online, so they are probably getting on with modified drives, usb hacks, or whatever.

Anyway, interested to see if anybody can get a good playstyle for some of the characters this early on.

V_Arnold

what the fuck is frames on jin's cr.lp? he can mash it out whenever the fuck he wants and it seems to beat everything. you can't even punish a whiffed mental awareness kick because he literally go right to just mashing punch

You are doing it VERY wrong. You can punish that kick while it is active, because it only hits airborne targets. Stop waiting for it to finish and just destroy him. Time your HP or HK so it is active when Jin lands, and it will beat every attempt that Jin does, including LP's.

V_Arnold

I just think it's funny to see the lack of an in-game move list get defended on that level. You know the game is only getting special treatment because it's "indie"

Uhm, what? The game is supposed to be treated badly because it lacks move list? REALLY?
Do you even follow the game's development? It is a love letter to fighting games.

Without 300+kg monsters with 1200 hp and the best damage sitting in your face every match. For that alone, it is worth all the support it can get...seriously.

Mileena

Banned
Still better than Grecco tier :qq im terrible

I guess most everyone else online is Grecco tier because I win 90% of the time just using Vega
WG908.gif

30 minutes with it and they did it. The middle ground between SF4 and MvC is so good.

It's a shame you've got the usual 'show input brings up a menu' type-shit that has plagued all Capcom fighters this gen, though.

Trial 12 for King is kicking my ass too. I need a PS3 stick...

I dunno. Anti-airing is harder yes, but it can still be effective. Plus, some characters can continue the anti-air on counterhit and do massive damage from it. Xiao and Juri, for example.

Juri doesn't even need a counter hit to juggle after hers and the hitbox on it is ridiculously good.

notworksafe

I don't think you understand. The extremely short dev time for Skullgirls means they don't have time for such advanced features as in-game movelists.

Degen

Uhm, what? The game is supposed to be treated badly because it lacks move list? REALLY?
Do you even follow the game's development? It is a love letter to fighting games.

Without 300+kg monsters with 1200 hp and the best damage sitting in your face every match. For that alone, it is worth all the support it can get...seriously.
I didn't say it was supposed to be treated badly just for that. It's just hilarious IMO to see the lack of a command list get supported so wholeheartedly; that's my only point. And it's a safe bet that the nature of the response from the thread that I quoted (as well as your prompt rush to its aid) has everything to do with the game's underdog status. I know it's a deep game and all that jazz, whether I actually care about it or not.

and my boy Hugo straight-up saved SFxT, for the record.

EDIT
I don't think you understand. The extremely short dev time for Skullgirls means they don't have time for such advanced features as in-game movelists.
*DIES*

sleepykyo

I really wish the clap didn't get double digit frame advantage on block.

schwupp

eh ... someone explain what i can do against bisons foot stomp fly thingie:
if i get spammed by that i cant reach him because he is far away (and constantly flying away again on block), i cant air to air him cause it beats everything.
so what to do?

Jenga

Banned
i'm encountering a huge issue with hwoarang at the moment, what exactly are some good pokes for him? he has no problem closing distance, but certain characters it's hard as hell to stay in. I feel like mid-range I don't have any answers to someone poking

Ferrio

Banned

He's easily got some of the best (if not the best) block strings in the game. Lots of his normals have + on block.

On block:
Far lp +4
Far MP +5
Far LK +1
LP +2
LK +2
MK +2
cr.lp +4
cr.mp +5
cr.lk +2
c.mk +1

eh ... someone explain what i can do against bisons foot stomp fly thingie:
if i get spammed by that i cant reach him because he is far away (and constantly flying away again on block), i cant air to air him cause it beats everything.
so what to do?

Just dash back. He will miss and you can punish

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Apparently some folks are using the DLC characters online -__-
Great work Capcom.

who gives a damn whether they get banned or not, the real problem is that we have to wait 6 months

Well, put it in perspective:

You can wait 6 months, and enjoy the characters with everyone else

or

You can hack them now, go online, get your console banned, and never be able to play this game or any other online again unless you go buy a new console.

Jenga

Banned
Well, put it in perspective:

You can wait 6 months, and enjoy the characters with everyone else

or

You can hack them now, go online, get your console banned, and never be able to play this game or any other online again unless you go buy a new console.

or get a ps3 and just have to change accounts occasionally

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Does every character have an overhead in this game? lol It's tough getting used to all of these characters.

The only way the could be online with these is a JTAG 360, A JTAG 360 gets banned after 4 hours online MAX(its how long between XBL server refreshes i think)

PS3 using hacked games are too far behind on firmware versions to connect to PSN

Imm0rt4l

Maybe someone could add this to the OP?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...BJOC1Qdm9mZ09yRlE&f=true&noheader=true&gid=40

these 3 frame jabs are seriously annoying. i don't see raven getting away with it if there's any balance patches/expansion to vanilla

I don't think there are that many 3 frame jabs, but they are indeed annoying, especially if they're plus on block by a significant amount. Counterhit city, but that's the name of the game sfxtk is very frametrap heavy/reliant. I played a rolento where I felt like I was always either in block stun or hitstun. Not the type that would stupidly use patriot circle as a blockstring as that's easy as fuck to punish. But his jabs are just so good and easy as hell to confirm from that it makes for a pretty obnoxious playstyle. I have to respect it though, just gotta back dash more(but not into the corner) and no when to go in.

Laws pretty fun, but not having an aa is pretty dumb.

Shouta

hmm...Rolentos jab pressure is more obnoxious than I originally thought. Gonna go read some frame data.

Welcome to the club.

Also does anyone have a picture of Pacman in the intro of his Rival battle against Mega man? I laughed so hard at him staring at Mega Man, I think my neighbors heard it.

Ferrio

Banned
Ordered a Qanba last night. Shipping was a bitch though, like 1/3rd the price of the damn stick. Here's hoping it gets here quickly and actually helps my game. My Mas Stick just hurts my hands nowadays, and I'm hoping the looser sanwa stick makes it easier to hit certain inputs.

I didn't say it was supposed to be treated badly just for that. It's just hilarious IMO to see the lack of a command list get supported so wholeheartedly; that's my only point. And it's a safe bet that the nature of the response from the thread that I quoted (as well as your prompt rush to its aid) has everything to do with the game's underdog status. I know it's a deep game and all that jazz, whether I actually care about it or not.
Do you follow the game on dustloop, SRK or GAF? Don't pick two or three posts on one of the smaller forums for the game and pretend that it represents the entire audience. The same thing happened on a far larger scale with Capcom fans just a few days ago and people condemned it. Then you come along trying to generalize another audience with an even smaller sample size. Doesn't it seem kinda pointless?

It also hasn't gotten a pass on either of those sites. They wouldn't be bothering to patch it in at a later date if it did get a pass.

Why am I so stupid? I was complaining about Vega's 1f jab link after overhead, but I can just plink cMP since it's the same startup -_-

Now instead of like 1/4 times, it's 100%...

TGMIII

For running a hacked 360 system? Yes. They will.

If it's properly stealthed and updated on a constant basis, no they won't. If enough people report the account he'll have his account banned though. There's TONS of people out there right now playing but they stick to endless lobbies with each other.

If it's properly stealthed and updated on a constant basis, no they won't. If enough people report the account he'll have his account banned though. There's TONS of people out there right now playing but they stick to endless lobbies with each other.

Stealth'ing has never been a 100% method, in fact many stealth'd user get banned frequently, it just lowers the risk of getting banned.

Jenga

Banned
screwing around with yoshi and he's fun as hell...bullshit that his specials are so punishable though...

if yoshi were fucking kazuya or raven i'm sure all the specials would be safe on block

what bullshit

Bob White

screwing around with yoshi and he's fun as hell...bullshit that his specials are so punishable though...

if yoshi were fucking kazuya or raven i'm sure all the specials would be safe on block

what bullshit

Got a feeling Yoshi's gonna get buffed crazy in the future to make up for where he is now. He feels unfinished like Hakan did before AE.

Jenga

Banned
Got a feeling Yoshi's gonna get buffed crazy in the future to make up for where he is now. He feels unfinished like Hakan did before AE.

it's fucking insane how hugo gets double digit frame advantage on clap while yoshi gets bitch slapped for windmill and slap u

Top Bottom