• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

it's fucking insane how hugo gets double digit frame advantage on clap while yoshi gets bitch slapped for windmill and slap u

cr. mp XX clap isn't a true block string, there's a 5 frame window if he's doing jab clap, more if it's mp/hp.

cr. mp raw is only +1 on block, so whether he just does it raw or cancel into clap start mashing buttons because you'll be at advantage. I don't know if ex clap has invincibility properties though.

hertog

Finally found out why this game is so frustrating.

I'm just really good with Guile since he was my second character in SSF4. I know all his moves like the back of my hand. But that's not the case with King or Raven.
When I;m in a tight spot, or I panic, I'm done.

That's why I can feel so much better than my opponent with Guile, and still lose when I get creamed with the other guy :(

Maybe I'll just go for easy mode Hugo as my secondary.

sleepykyo

cr. mp XX clap isn't a true block string, there's a 5 frame window if he's doing jab clap, more if it's mp/hp.

cr. mp raw is only +1 on block, so whether he just does it raw or cancel into clap start mashing buttons because you'll be at advantage. I don't know if ex clap has invincibility properties though.
Where does that leave 5 frame jab Yoshi?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sorry GAF, one new member of the Rolento army. Ryu and Rolento ftw.

Nothing wrong with using characters if you enjoy them. But the second you start picking characters because of "tier listing" or the fact they man handle you, wont really let you improve much in the long run.

At most it will let you see why rolento ISN'T that good

Jenga

Banned
ummm

i did yoshi's forward throw on some mashing bob and his model stayed there while yoshi did the forward throw animation...

and apparently yoshi has an unlisted air target combo

yoshi might LITERALLY be unfinished

At most it will let you see why rolento ISN'T that good
pffft hahaha

hertog

OK gaf help me find my second character.

I have Guile on point. I don't need meter with him, I'll zone with him until I get that chance for that launcher combo.

I need someone with an easy after-launcher-combo with good damage, a proper GTFO me move and a good anti-air option.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
l
My top tier is ryu, rufus, hugo, rolento, heihachi. I Play rolento/heihachi :)

Ryu and Rufus I agree at top, the rest are A tier to me at best. Rolento is solid but... ugh his damage output is ass. Hei isn't as bad as most people seem to make him out to be, you can actually reversal through a lot of his bullshit mid chain. The best thing he has going for him is his really good air to air.

My list is.

Ryu, Rufus, Juri, Ogre, Dhalsim, Jin

Then

Gief, Raven, Kaz, Hei, Hugo, Ibuki, steve, julia, rolento, vega

Shouta

Hey, I think I just fought you in Ranked, Ferrio! Assuming, you're playing on a PS3 and reading this thread.

My PSN is

Jenga

Banned
My mistake. Yoshi's is 4. So the Tekken characters have a whole frame to spare.

edit:

I don't get why Rolento is considered low damage. 240 of a lp by himself is pretty strong.
...in all seriousness this thread is the only place where I find anyone whine about his "low damage"

my local hardcore fighting scene (TM) basically consider him and ryu top tier and accept the tradeoff for stupid damage for the best pressure in the game

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
...in all seriousness this thread is the only place where I find anyone whine about his "low damage"

my local hardcore fighting scene (TM) basically consider him and ryu top tier and accept the tradeoff for stupid damage for the best pressure in the game

When I start losing 24/7 because of his pressure then I'll consider it enough of an issue to label him as S tier hasn't happened yet. Defense is a huge thing in this game getting hit all the time cause you don't know when it's a good idea of when to attack or backdash doesn't make a character godly.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
online or offline?

Both, why is this even a question? Online is even worse than offline for strict punishing situations anyways -.-

If you are having trouble fighting the guy just pick him and use him for a few days and see what shit stops you

Jenga

Banned
Both, why is this even a question?

there's a big difference between a fighting game online and offline, this game especially

lag might poke a hole or two in a good or even great rolento's offense, I see it all the time when my friend plays online. he misses shit he would always hit offline.

vague fighting game advice
uh huh

anyways, you wouldn't see me whining about rolento if I didn't see this guy in perfect conditions offline

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
there's a big difference between a fighting game online and offline, this game especially

lag might poke a hole or two in a good or even great rolento's offense, I see it all the time when my friend plays online. he misses shit he would always hit offline.

uh huh

anyways, you wouldn't see me whining about rolento if I didn't see this guy in perfect conditions offline

Or I could just seen that you been complaining about him since day one and still haven't found work arounds. *shrug* Not my problem I guess. ROLENTO IS WESKER LOLOLOL best post imo :3

Most of your post in this thread consist of cry baby shit of you getting your ass handed to you or smart ass negative remarks to others.

If you need advice vs certain things just ask don't be such a damn negative nancy about everything.

Use the record/replay feature vs rolento to see what works offline. Also learn a good alpha counter / switch cancel combo for him. Yes that's 2 bars while he just might be spamming jabs and rekkas on you but that momentum change can make your life better.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
when both teams have a rolento yes

So he doesn't always win. Oh okay.

The start of a game is always really meh, everyone sees the "easy to do stuff" labels it as the best shit ever and everyone and their mom cookie cutters it. Actually this happens through out entire games life times LOL

"Give it more time imo. I'm not saying he sucks. I'm just not saying he's undisputed best."

That was sarcasm, Rolento actually didn't win either. He wasn't even in any of the Top 8 teams at WNF. He was in like two at Big Two.

Imm0rt4l

He does have low damage, but he converts damage easy as hell so it really doesn't matter. If you learn how to block his more ambiguous stuff off pogo then he doesn't convert damage as often but he's got solid pressure like you said.

nobody has found any work arounds

I play rolento, i have a semi-decent grip on the character, the best you can have 2 weeks in at least.

mash backdash through jab strings. If you see a pogo instantly do a jump attack, be wary of instantly blocking crossup in case he does a neutral jump fierce. If he's doing pogo on your knockdowns do quick tech jump attack. Press buttons after his first rekka if you have a 3 frame normal. If you see him roll back do a neutral jump and punish him with a jump in if he does the leap attack (it will whiff usually.) If you see him hop up for the knife throw jump in on his ass and get free pressure, if not a jump in combo.

I've played against a lot of rolentos with both my own and heihachi and destroyed them. He's definitely top tier, but he's no where near broken.

:( derp, I didn't watch the events :(

Now I look retarded, oh well nothing new.

It's ok, you're an online warrior :) Have you ever even been to a tourney??

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's ok, you're an online warrior :) Have you ever even been to a tourney??
There was a marvel tournament in a place with no heating in the middle of winter that took place at night that I got 3rd in... I lost from my carpal acting up and my hand locked up on a chain combo of all things -.- fucking cold weather

There really isn't any local stuff I can go to, and none of my close friends that live near me are invested enough in fighters to go out of town for events. I can't drive either due to health reasons as well. -.-

I'm pretty much screwed, haha I could of moved in with Prototype 2 years ago though though maybe I should of done that XD But that was like waaaay away from friends and family here.

Trust me, if I could be at tourneys all the time I'd be there every day there was one >.<

Local tourneys I've gone too are for marvel3, 3s, tekken 5, ssf4, and mk but they were one time events.

Marvel I got 3rd, tekken I got 1st, 3s I got second, ssf4 I got 1st, mk I got 1st.

Finally broke down and ordered this. Should get here Tuesday.

My favorite SF character is Cammy and my favorite Tekken character is King, I'll probably start with those two. Haven't particularly seen a lot about them yet. It's mostly Gief/Hugo/Rolento/Rufus/Jin/Kazuya and the usual complaining about Ryu/Ken.

Finally broke down and ordered this. Should get here Tuesday.

My favorite SF character is Cammy and my favorite Tekken character is King, I'll probably start with those two. Haven't particularly seen a lot about them yet. It's mostly Gief/Hugo/Rolento/Rufus/Jin/Kazuya and the usual complaining about Ryu/Ken.

Haven't had much experience with cammy(never played her in 4 or this), but King is alot of fun in here. A very nice 2D adaptation of him and his style. I didn't expect them to give him his shoulder tackle or unblockable moonsault, and you execute them the same way as in tekken. Feels so unlike SF, but comfortable for an experienced Tekken player. His EX version of Convict Kick is pretty damn awesome in here as well, and you can catch the DDT off of it just like usual tekken, plus it connects on air opponents. I've had a little success with using it as an anti air on jumpers who think they are out of the line of fire from a good range attack.

And his U/F MK Knee Launcher...oh boy. You should have a great time with him.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I finally played a good king last night. I shockingly got fucked up bad, I kinda wrote him off cause I haven't fought a good one yet. he reacted with his throws perfectly. His ex throw has a fuck ton of invince and range as well. >.< I was pretty much mind fucked, he's a really reaction based character.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
GGs spin, but I think you've retired me from fighters. After those beatings you gave me, I kinda realized that I'm always going to fall for the same stuff over and over. I don't retain anything. I can learn combos, but I can't learn to discern when I should block high and when I should block low and when I should and shouldn't attack. Just real basic stuff that I by all means should know by now. And yeah, I could spend a lot of time practicing and getting bodied online and learning, but that wouldn't be fun. I could be using all those hours I'd spend training playing something I'm having fun with. I've gone through SSFIV, UMvC3, SFxT, KOFXIII, Mortal Kombat, BlazBlue CS, and probably some others I'm forgetting. I keep saying "Oh, maybe this isn't the right game for me. Maybe this next one coming out will be the one I'm good at", but I really can't blame the games "not being right for me" anymore. I'm just not good at fighters.

So yeah, I'm done. If anyone wants to buy some fighters/fighter stuff, check the Buy/Sell/Trade thread in a bit.

Ferrio

Banned
I finally played a good king last night. I shockingly got fucked up bad, I kinda wrote him off cause I haven't fought a good one yet. he reacted with his throws perfectly. His ex throw has a fuck ton of invince and range as well. >.< I was pretty much mind fucked, he's a really reaction based character.

Huge startup though.

Top Bottom