• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stubbs the Zombie Soundtrack (feat. The Flaming Lips, Ben Kweller, and more)

Gribbix

Source: Rolling Stone

"Lollipop," Ben Kweller
"My Boyfriend's Back," the Raveonettes
"Earth Angel" Death Cab for Cutie
"Everyday," Rogue Wave
"Strangers in the Night," Cake
"There Goes My Baby," the Walkmen
"All I Have to Do Is Dream, the Dandy Warhols
"Mr. Sandman," Oranger
"If I Only Had a Brain," the Flaming Lips
"Tears on My Pillow," Clem Snide
"Shakin' All Over," Rose Hill Drive
"Lonesome Town," Milton Mapes
"The Living Dead," Phantom Planet

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ea trax with relative cred is still ea trax. i disapprove.

edit: well, nevermind. the music might work in the game's context. it did in wipeout. and 50's music rox. i'll suspend disapproval.

Meier

That soundtrack is awesome. Death Cab, the Flips, the Walkmen, Cake, Phantom Planet, Ben Kweller and the Dandy Warhols -- are you (rhetorical, not aimed at drohne per se) kidding me?!

Gribbix

etiolate said:
I don't even know what this game is, but I'm interested now. Is it about an undead dude with a short penis?

It's the first game from Wideload Studios, founded by Alex Seropian, who also founded Bungie. It uses the Halo 1 engine.

ferricide

aspyr (the publisher) has actually released indie CDs before.

pretty impressive lineup, and clever idea. i approve!

BuddyC

For Immediate Release

Susan Lusty
(415) 269-0226
slusty@earthlink.net

CAKE, THE FLAMING LIPS, DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE AND BEN KWELLER JOIN WITH OTHER ARTISTS ON THE STUBBS THE ZOMBIE: THE SOUNDTRACK

Original Recordings by Current Popular Bands Exclusively for
Stubbs the Zombie: The Soundtrack

AUSTIN, TX (November 18, 2004) - Aspyr Media, Inc., an entertainment publisher delivering fun in the form of games, music and DVDs, is set to release the STUBBS THE ZOMBIE: THE SOUNDTRACK on March 15, 2005. The songs for Stubbs the Zombie: The Soundtrack were handpicked and recorded for the game by some of today’s most popular rock bands, as well as some great up-and-coming artists. Being released by Aspyr Media, the soundtrack and game are a perfect example of how Aspyr merges multimedia platforms into a full entertainment experience.

The game Stubbs the Zombie is set in a fictional “City of the Future” in 1959. To complement this theme, the tracks are new versions of songs made famous in this era, with the exception of the zombie inspired original track “the Living Dead” by California’s Phantom Planet. Stubbs the Zombie: The Soundtrack is one of the first game soundtracks to feature all original recordings, as opposed to the licensed music most games employ today. The songs are as unique as the game and can be found only on the Stubbs the Zombie soundtrack.

"Being a part of this soundtrack was a no-brainer. We’re all huge video game geeks and even bigger zombie film fans,” said Alex Greenwald of Phantom Planet. “So, it made sense to contribute a track about joining a legion of undead."

The track listing is as follows:

Ben Kweller – Lollipop
The Raveonettes – My Boyfriend’s Back
Death Cab for Cutie – Earth Angel
Rogue Wave – Everyday
Cake – Strangers in the Night
The Walkmen – There Goes My Baby
The Dandy Warhols – All I Have to Do Is Dream
Oranger – Mr. Sandman
The Flaming Lips – If I Only Had a Brain
Clem Snide – Tears on My Pillow
Rose Hill Drive – Shakin’ All Over
Milton Mapes – Lonesome Town
Phantom Planet – The Living Dead (original song)

In Stubbs the Zombie, players take on the role of the rebel himself – Stubbs, a wisecracking zombie who takes on an ultra-modern city of the future using nothing but his own carcass and the weapons of his possessed enemies. The game’s tongue-in-cheek humor, innovative combat and strong storyline keep Stubbs the Zombie’s gameplay as bizarre and unpredictable as its namesake.

On his quest, Stubbs lurches his way through visually captivating indoor/outdoor environments in and around of Punchbowl, PA, a gleaming city built during the Eisenhower administration to show off the ultra-futuristic technology of the 21st century. Stubbs’ brain-eating adventure brings him through bustling shopping districts and verdant farmlands to battle mad scientists, rural militiamen and the world’s deadliest barbershop quartet. His enemies have shotguns, tanks, and all manner of futuristic weaponry. All Stubbs has is his own rotting corpse, a distinct lack of pain or conscience, and the ability to turn foes into zombie allies.

Fans can check out www.stubbsthezombie.com for Stubbs the Zombie updates and sign up to get more information on the game and the soundtrack as it becomes available.

About Aspyr
Aspyr Media, Inc. is a leading entertainment publisher that delivers fun in the form of games, music and DVDs. Founded in 1996, Austin-based Aspyr specializes in delivering to consumers the diverse media content they seek. The company identifies quality entertainment opportunities and leverages them across multiple platforms by tailoring its services to suit the product and consumers interests. Visit Aspyr Media on the web at www.aspyr.com.

About Wideload
Wideload Games was founded in 2003 to make unusual games for unusual people. From their lab in Chicago, the industry veterans on Wideload’s creative team strip-mine their own twisted psyches, forging the raw material into games nobody else has made or played before. The studio is focused on developing original games with a small, efficient design team and a roster of independent talent. For more information about Wideload, visit www.wideload.com, or email info@wideload.com.

Wow.

Top Bottom