• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sudeki Reviewed in OXM UK

Pug

The game gets 8.7/10. They liked the combat of certain characters and the neat slow mo mode where you can enter the menu's. The characters 3rd person modes don't work very well and the combat in this mode is over simplified. The interaction between the 4 characters is well done and switching between them gives you different combat options, although you can only control one character at a time.
The 3 worlds are graphically fantastic, indeed some of the sights you will visit are graphical highlights for the Xbox at the moment. The boss designs and animation are the games high points with the animation of the large creatures taking it to the next level. The story is well told although its been told many times before, the major disapointment are the side quests which are always search for a key, artifcact etc type missions.

They go on to finish, that the game is not as compelling as KOTOR but this doesn't take way, that Sudeki is a quality RPG.

IgeL

I've always semi-agreed with OXM UK. :)

(Though you probably should've written 1st person instead of 3rd person?)

Pug

Igel, I probably should have, yep its paraphrased but I'm not going to type the whole thing out. Shampola when using 2 of the characters in combat it goes into a 1st person mode, its when using long ranged weapons.

IgeL

long range - 1st person (Ailish, Elco, i.e. weapons that shoot)
close range - 3rd person (Tal, Buki, i.e. melee weapons)

That was the confusion. :)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
No USA Reviews yet, EGM poked fun at the fact they were not allowed near it..
I'm still worried.

Bare in mind I actually own a Xbox now, and i'm a huge RPG fan.
If the game is good, i'll be buying it.. as of now i'm more then concerned

Che

Banned
IgeL said:
I've always semi-agreed with OXM UK. :)

(Though you probably should've written 1st person instead of 3rd person?)

You give every game a 9 (+-1) out of 10 rating?

IgeL

Che said:
You give every game a 9 (+-1) out of 10 rating?
Umm no. OXM UK does use the higher scale but they do give lower scores, too - lots of sevens, for example.

Besides, I'm not gonna review Sudeki (at least not in any major publication). I'm not fully qualified to review it due to my lack of knowledge of similar action RPGs on other consoles.

So the rating score goes from seven to ten?

Sorry I'm not up on this, but I stopped reading OXM after the first issue, which amounted to one long, childish joke about Sony and Nintendo's supposed "weaknesses" ('jaggies' and 'Shigeru Miyamoto' iirc).

IgeL

You guys on a crusade against me or what? :D

I liked the preview and I hope I like the full version. Get over it - I'm entitled to my opinion just like you are to yours.

Soul4ger

"The curious lack of Xbox role-player Sudeki has settled on our office like a bad smell. The oft-delayed hack-n-slash T&A festival should be in stores by the time you read this, but we won't have a review until next issue, because Microsoft wouldn't let us (or anyone else) near it. Funny...MS pulled the same thing with Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Uh-oh."

Though to be fair, some buffoons did enjoy GbtG.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
ToyMachine228 said:
I was more interested in the fact that OXM UK reviewed Shellshock: Nam 67. They gave it an 8.2.

LMAO, really?
Thats amazing, they must have a future secret copy from aliens.

IJoel

belgurdo said:
Wonder why everyone wants this game to fail...

Tell me about it... it's like fucking wolves waiting for any bit of Sudeki news to come and spread the hate.

As for the Shellshock game, I thought the game was completed, but Eidos decided delaying it due to summer being slow for game sales. I think I read that somewhere.

SyNapSe

belgurdo said:
Wonder why everyone wants this game to fail...

Look at the upside, now that they are convinced the game sucks there havn't been 24,368 "teh art, is bad, silly westurnars!" posts.

It does look pretty bad for the game when people can't get ahold of review code though.. especially for a game delayed like this.

B E N K E

Shellshock review copies have been sent out a while ago. However the game is more like a 4 or 5/10... Not that I care, but it's worrying considering Killzone.

Chi-Town

Suikoguy said:
LMAO, really?
Thats amazing, they must have a future secret copy from aliens.

Actually, Shellshock is done. Eidos held it back cause they thought it would have a better shot at selling in September instead of June.

Top Bottom