• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen it? I just watched it for the second time (with a couple months in between), and still fail to grasp the resolution. I love Genesis, is all I know. That's good enough for me...but some clarity would be nice, too.

I didn't like the movie that much. The blood was so cheesy and the movie was corny all around. The message it had was interesting but the movie was not a good medium for it to be conveyed. From I gathered(and remembered), this movie mentioned the notion that people are connected to the world but not to themselves. In other words, people only stay alive to serve the world and others and tend to forget/neglect themselves.

Heh, I thought it was really funny. I probably liked the movie for all the wrong reasons :p
When the school kids jump off the roof and spray the cafeteria windows with blood is hilarious. The cafeteria gets dead quiet (pun intended! HOHOHO!)

FnordChan

swoon said:
the opening scene is real good. the rest of the movie is really awful

Yeah, what swoon said. Suicide Club could have been a great flick; unfortunatly, they broke it fairly early on. I'm kinda fond of Rolly's scenes because, come on, it's Rolly and he's awesome, but even glam trash musical numbers couldn't save the second half of Suicide Club.

FnordChan

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
FnordChan said:
I'm kinda fond of Rolly's scenes because, come on, it's Rolly and he's awesome, but even glam trash musical numbers couldn't save the second half of Suicide Club.

I should be agreeing with your post. Suicide Club just isn't a good movie... but it has had a special place in my heart for a few years now. There's just way too many gold moments in that movie for me to forget about it. Rolly rules. "I'm the Charlie Manson of the information age!!"

FnordChan

sefskillz said:
Rolly rules. "I'm the Charlie Manson of the information age!!"

Rolly almost saves the film, but he just isn't enough to salvage it for me. Meanwhile, speaking of Rolly, are you familiar with the joys of Scanch?

FnordChan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom