• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Nemissa.

Or Carol J.
Carol J eh?
bXPrNNy.jpg

About 80% of my images folder is MegaTen

Yeah its pretty great.

To bad it keeps getting interupted by these idiots rem and machina.

Machina is literally the absolute worst character that has ever been in a Final Fantasy, no, JRPG's. That's a REAL tall glass to fill. I've never seen a character so god damn stupid.

Ilvocare

After playing a little more Galaga Legions (fucking amazing by the way), I switched over to Wild Arms to see what the deal was. Listed below are my impressions.

-Intro sequence is pretty brody. I was surprised to find out that that was indeed the original intro.
-Jumped straight in, the menu customization options are... extravagant, to say the least.
-YO DASHES
-I can pick up boxes and throw them and get permaboosting stats from them.
-I threw a chicken at a parrot and it turned into a status healing item. The parrot is also my save point? What a mysterious game.

How do you even use Deuce?

I mostly just used Cater Ace and Sice/Jack.

It was mostly a joke because she's pretty ass at attacking but her healing song and ally buff song are insanely good. She's a damn nice support character and very easy to get Killshots and Stun hits with, though not as easy as King.

And yeah
that final boss was awful. Again though, I hear NG+ adds so much stuff

sjay1994

It was mostly a joke because she's pretty ass at attacking but her healing song and ally buff song are insanely good. She's a damn nice support character and very easy to get Killshots and Stun hits with, though not as easy as King.

And yeah
that final boss was awful. Again though, I hear NG+ adds so much stuff

I dunno, its design is both the dumbest and the best.

sjay1994

So yeah, type 0.

Fun combat, cool setting, great music.

Story makes no fucking sense, and this crystal/ L'cie stuff is so fucking dumb. It is really fucking dumb. I never played the 13 series, and yeah wow fuck this L'cie nonsense. It made a simple idea so fucking convoluted.

Also, voice direction was hit and miss. Some really good and really awful in here in terms of that.

Stop callin me zesuke. I'm Joseph Joestar god damn it ;-;

But Xiraiya senpai made that great photo of you and your waifu being shit together :3

So yeah, type 0.

Fun combat, cool setting, great music.

Story makes no fucking sense, and this crystal/ L'cie stuff is so fucking dumb. It is really fucking dumb. I never played the 13 series, and yeah wow fuck this L'cie nonsense. It made a simple idea so fucking convoluted.

Also, voice direction was hit and miss. Some really good and really awful in here in terms of that.

The Final Fantasy XIII stuff makes me not want to play it

Can I just point out that nearly every FF game out there is about crystals and that l'Cie have absolutely nothing to do with the ones in 13? That'd be like saying you hate other Final Fantasy games for having something like Paladin or Dark Knight as a Job just because another game that used them poorly had it.

The Final Fantasy XIII stuff makes me not want to play it

But it has literally NOTHING to do with 13. Literally nothing at all.

sjay1994

Can I just point out that nearly every FF game out there is about crystals and that l'Cie have absolutely nothing to do with the ones in 13? That'd be like saying you hate other Final Fantasy games for having something like Paladin or Dark Knight as a Job just because another game that used them poorly had it.

But it has literally NOTHING to do with 13. Literally nothing at all.

Well I've only played 2 FF games. Type zero and 10.

And yeah, both stories are convoluted as fuck. But at least type 0 has a setting I can get behind.

Well I've only played 2 FF games. Type zero and 10.

And yeah, both stories are convoluted as fuck. But at least type 0 has a setting I can get behind.

Planning on doing NG+ to see what's different? All I know is that there's choices, new chapters and enemies, and a different ending.

sjay1994

Planning on doing NG+ to see what's different? All I know is that there's choices, new chapters and enemies, and a different ending.

Hmm, dunno.

I have 2 days and I can return the game for full price and put it down on something else later. Also, my finals are coming up and bloodborne is in 2 days.

I'll probably watch the stuff on youtube.

Ilvocare

OH MY GOD CRITICAL HITS IN WILD ARMS HAVE THE MOST INCREDIBLE FANFARE

Like that wasn't even that much in terms of power difference, but damn.

Top Bottom